• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
Man, what a bloody terrible day. When I started, I was 21/13 win/loss with a 1623 rating, won the first two, got to 1654 (personal best so far), but since then...yeesh. One win in the next 9 games. Currently at 24/21, 1547.

Constantly running into all Genie teams, usually with Terrakion or Amoonguss, just to really ruin my day. Last game, ran into a team that had Whimsicott using beat up on Terrakion to give it +4 ATK from the word go. That was a bloody drubbing and no mistake. I'm taking a break to go sit in the corner and cry for a few hours...
that happens some people get teams they can handle only to get bombarded with diffcults teams hang in there my brother was like you upset

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Not a single one of them I've beaten has rage quitted....One of the only two rage quiters I've seen had less points then the default, so there is a penalty(only if it happens too many times).

You're very lucky then! Or maybe I'm just very unlucky?

Are you sure about DCers losing points? That would be terrific, but I don't think they do, because if they did lose points, they would stop ragequitting I guess

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
You're very lucky then! Or maybe I'm just very unlucky?

Are you sure about DCers losing points? That would be terrific, but I don't think they do, because if they did lose points, they would stop ragequitting I guess
i think they rather quit than lose and give points to others people are like that make it if you d/c 3 times on purpose be banned from the tournament probably lose half the competition lol

Zachmac

I'm not 100% sure, but at least the tournament rules said there was going to be a penalty.

I just used acrobatics on a Cogagrigus. From my Archeops. :D

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I'm doing good today! 0 losses, 10+ wins, 4 people forfeited at my power, and only 2-3 ragequitters!:p I swear, Choice Scarf Haxorus destroyed my team last time I faced it... How to deal with him...

I'm getting kind of tired of all the people packing legendaries. I know they aren't all banned, so they are in fact legal, but I mean come on! Really? You can't like work hard to get a really good egg and raise it the right way? You have to use a pokemon that just came awesome? Like this last dude, had all three kamis, and two of the musketeer trio. -_-' Those are the kind of people that bring guns to a knife fight and disgust me. I prefer the thrill of battle. If you can beat me with some awesome pokemon you bred yourself, with a clever and creative strategy...ah...there could be nothing better. ^_^

I made a point of not bringing any legendaries for this one. I did umm and ahh over using Terrakion, but I decided not to bother in the end. Can't say I'm using the most original team in the world (Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Scrafty, Haxorus, Cinccinio, Reuniclus), nor do I have any detailed stategy (maybe if I had access to the full list of 'Mon, but for the Unova 'Mon I have trained my tactics are restricted to hitting things very hard or running basic stall).

But still, at the end of the day, the top Pokemon are top for a reason, and it's nobody's fault but my own for not bringing bigger guns. It's bloody frustrating when I do manage to pull off a win against a team of legendaries and the cheap swines RQ on me, though.

I said right at the start, as long as I don't finish under 1500 I'm relatively happy. Obviously I would like to finish higher, but I'm not too fussed if I don't. Maybe next time I pass 1600 I might just let it lie until the tourney is over. I'm assuming with a four day limit there is no decay built in, so if I find myself really wanting to check out with a better score then the option is there, at least...

Psycho Cut

Unfortunaty, due to various complications, I'm not actually particpating :( It sounds lke very good fun too! :(

Ah well, at least I'll have a good VGC team, if ever I need one

Good luck to all! :D

Zachmac

Only two of the pokemon I'm using were originally meant for double battles, yet I'm doing surprisingly well.

Edit: I came across a person with about 1,800 points, and they rage quitted a tie. I was going to save that battle to. D:

Tornadus used Acrobatics!
Boufalant used Head Charge!
Torhadus fainted!
Boufalant was hurt by recoil!
Boufalant fainted!
Connection with the other player was lost.

An ELO rating system which doesn't punish disconnects is just really really stupid. Gamefreak should seriously think about messing with the math in some way. O and good luck with this tournament.

Zachmac

They said there will be a penalty for losing connection too many times...I guess better players can get away with rage quitting, then.

Which sucks.

I believe people with too many disconnects get disqualified from the final rankings, IIRC.

They said there will be a penalty for losing connection too many times...I guess better players can get away with rage quitting, then.

Which sucks.

In fairness, I've had plenty of random disconnects (54001 errors, I believe) that have cost me as many wins as they have got me out of losses. Probably more. I'm not sure what message my opponent gets when that happens, but it's probable a couple of people might think I have RQ'd on them. Since Niintendo can't watch every match played, they just have to look at percentage of matches played vs completed, frequency of disconnects, win/loss record, and they will probably have a fair idea of who isn't playing fair. Given that a fair few people will have experienced WiFi issues, power outs and whatever other issues, they aren't just going to penalise everyone who logs a few disconnects.

As far as what the penalties will be, I would guess it's more likely that there will be a score penalty applied at the end, rather than a total disqualification, so expect to see a few of those big scores come tumbling down come next week...

ShaoWeh

My team of Whimsicott, Terrakion, Chandelure, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus is doing awesome! Ranking 1852, 90+ wins and like 8-10 losses (didn't keep count). Not bad. The only thing that pisses me off are that once you get points that high, a win only gets you like 2-5 points and a loss gets -20. And also the connection. I'm like bloody right next to my router and I lose connection every now and then. I guess with all the participants the server can't take the load.

My team of Whimsicott, Terrakion, Chandelure, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus is doing awesome! Ranking 1852, 90+ wins and like 8-10 losses (didn't keep count). Not bad. The only thing that pisses me off are that once you get points that high, a win only gets you like 2-5 points and a loss gets -20. And also the connection. I'm like bloody right next to my router and I lose connection every now and then. I guess with all the participants the server can't take the load.

That's to even the score. It's also determined by the opponent's points. If you lose to someone equal to your level, you won't lose as much. Blunder against someone with 1289 points and you'll lose a large amount of points.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Just started playing, results so far:
2 battles, I won both, but unfortunately my opponents robbed me of my wins, ****ing disconnecters

I swear to god I'm about to... do something...

ShaoWeh

That's to even the score. It's also determined by the opponent's points. If you lose to someone equal to your level, you won't lose as much. Blunder against someone with 1289 points and you'll lose a large amount of points.

Hmm... I think it also has to do with your performance because I've battled and won against people in the 1900's while I was in the 1600s and I only got like 5 points with one Pokemon remaining with little HP.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
I have gotten a few good matches, but to many DC'ers. I think I've had about 8 now. My rating i think is around 1737, which is good. Had many close matches, including a 0-0 match the ended with me barely wining. Plan on uploading it to youtube soon. Although I'm having a hard time finding a match now...

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
3rd battle of the night, 3rd ragequit. I'm not even mad at this point though. I realize the reason people ragequit is because they get butthurt when I sweep their asses.

YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know how to beat Nathan, the guy who has 4 pokemon that use Trick Room, an Amoongus, & a Conkledur? I battled him 3 times & every time he's beaten me. I haven't won a single match yet today. I'm starting to think I'm the worst player ever. My score is currently 5 W/ 5 L & my score is 1471