• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Due to school-related things, I could not do 20 battles today, but rather 15, bringing my total fights to 35. This makes...

Battles: 35
Record: 27-8 (5 disconnectors)
Shinies Encountered: 6
Most Fought Monsters: Hydreigon, Samurott, and Zoroark

(1588)Batte 21: Florian (Youngster M)
Austria
“I can do anything for thank you!”
Landorus, Samurott, Volcarona, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Braviary
WIN 4-0, Ice Beam by Gellyona to Samurott

(1599)Battle 21: Mauro (Youngster M)
1500?
???
Tornadus, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Samurott, Crustle, Unfezant
WIN 4-0, Stone Edge by Krystalith to Samurott

Battle 22: Kevin (Ace M)
Argentina Buenos Aires
“I have no trouble dealing with you.”
Gigalith, Excadrill, Terrakion, Landorus, Thundurus, Hydreigon
LOSS 0-2, Thunderbolt by Thundurus to Escavalier

(1609)Battle 23: Basti (Ranger M)
Germany Saxony Anhalt
???
Hydreigon, Volcarona, Landorus, Emboar, Cobalion Virizion
D/C, about to lose

(1592)Battle 23: UWE (Preschooler M)
Netherlands
???
Zoroark, Samurott, Ferrothorn, Golurk, Whimsicott, Simipour
WIN 2-0, Thunderbolt by Lilandra to Simipour

(1605)Battle 24: Antonio (Ace M)
California
The power of Zoroark is awesome!
Zoroark, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Samurott, Serperior, Volcarona
WIN 2-0, X Scissor by Hatchet to Samurott

Battle 25: ANTONIO (Ace M)
CA
Yo! I’m super!
Hydreigon, Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Eelektross, Scolipede
WIN 3-0, Dragon Claw by RedNBlumon to Eelektross

Battle 27?: STRIDER
Mexico
“The power of fling is awesome!”
Hydreigon, Jellicent, Archeops, Eelektross, Throh, Amoonguss
WIN 3-0, Opponent forfeited

Battle 28: ASLAEMX
???
Hydreigon, Zebstrika, Sawsbuck, Cofagrigus, Emboar, Jellicent
WIN 3-0, Scald by Gellyona to Emboar

(1648)Battle 29: Taha (Breeder M)
???
Volcarona, Zoroark, Mandibuzz, Virizion, Landorus, Musharna
WIN 4-0, Rock Slide by Krystalith to Mandibuzz

(1657)Battle 30: G-VILLE
“Watch my rare power for everyone!”
Samurott, Cofagrigus, Mandibuzz, Eelektross, Gigalith, Zoroark
LOSS 0-1, Surf by Samurott to Krystalith

(1639)Battle 31: Nathan
Samurott, Serperior, Simisear, Zebstrika, Zoroark, Vanilluxe
WIN 2-0, Ice Beam by Gellyona to Serperior

Battle 32: Brandon
Indiana
Jellicent, Reuniclus, Scrafty *shiny*, Hydreigon, Musharna, Amoonguss
LOSS 0-2, I forfeited due to how bad my situation was.

(1633)Battle 33: Link
USA, Pennsylvania
Ferrothorn, Chandelure *shiny*, Accelgor, Jellicent
LOSS 0-2, Bug Buzz by Accelgor to RedNBlumon

(1610)Battle 34: JAVIER
D/C? My side possibly?

(1610)Battle 34: Tyler
Washington, USA
Hydreigon, Krookodile, Jellicent, Conkeldurr, Galvantula, Archeops
LOSS 0-3, Night Shade by Jellicent to Gellyona

Battle 35: Ana (Ace M)
“The way I feel now is super…”
Serperior, Chandelure, Swanna, Virizion, Galvantula, Krookodile
WIN 2-0, Rock Slide by Krystalith to Serperior

Zachmac

Well, now that I have experienced the gen 5 tournament metagame, I decided to make my team for the next tournament.
Mienshao @ ???,Jolly,252att/252spe(Help Carracosta set up and defeat terracott)
Wide Guard/Hi Jump Kick/U-turn/Fake Out

Carracosta @ lum berry,Jolly,160att/96sp.at/252spe(set up sweeper that hits both enemies, part of my plan to beat terracott)
Shell Smash/Surf/Rock Slide/Earthquake

Musharna @ chest berry,Modest,252HP/252def(Counter Tailwind and faster teams)
Trick room/Calm Mind/Psychic/Rest

Serperior @ light clay,Hasty,252HP,252spe(support)
Light Screen/Reflect/Giga Drain/Taunt

Boufalant @ leftovers, relaxed,252HP,252att(Works great with dual screens)
Head Charge/Earthquake/Protect/Taunt

Archeops @ flying gem, Jolly,252att,252spe(Smash Heads/make tailwind teams think Musharna isn't a trick roomer)
Acrobatics/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Protect
Any suggestions are appreciated.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Well, now that I have experienced the gen 5 tournament metagame, I decided to make my team for the next tournament.

Carracosta @ lum berry,Jolly,160att/96sp.at/252spe(set up sweeper that hits both enemies, part of my plan to beat terracott)
Shell Smash/Surf/Rock Slide/Earthquake

Musharna @ chest berry,Modest,252HP/252def(Counter Tailwind and faster teams)
Trick room/Calm Mind/Psychic/Rest

Serperior @ light clay,Hasty,252HP,252spe(support)
Light Screen/Reflect/Giga Drain/Taunt

Boufalant @ leftovers, relaxed,252HP,252att(Works great with dual screens)
Head Charge/Earthquake/Protect/Taunt

Archeops @ flying gem, Jolly,252att,252spe(Smash Heads/make tailwind teams think Musharna isn't a trick roomer)
Acrobatics/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Protect

Not really the right place for that. Go here; the 5th Gen Rate My Team. Anyways, it's going to be all gen next tournament, so. Be ready for that. @__@

Zachmac

I posted it here because I'm to lazy for a full RMT, not to mention it wants you to test them first.

But I'm tired, so I guess I'm being an idiot...I should really quit hanging around here this late at night....I keep embarrassing myself...
Does anyone know for sure what is happening to people who frequantly ragequit? I've had about 10 battles and 6 of them were ragequits. =/ Or am I just being super unlucky? It's like, every time I win, they quit. My score has not gone up because every time I win, they quit. I've only gotten one win recorded from tonight. (I know, aweful right? I keep finding dudes with scores larger than 1900. Of course I lose, they have perfect cut and paste teams.) At least my score hasn't dropped too far. *sigh*
I think you're just unlucky, I haven't fought to many rage quitters. I'm not sure what the punishment is, but rage quitters probably won't win.

MSK

Getting so annoyed with this tournament already. My score isn't brilliant and so far my record is pretty even 19 completed battles, 9 wins 10 losses. But I've also had 5 wins not registered because of ragequitters!! Thought they were supposed to be banning this, I've been gracious in defeat so why can't everyone.
One thing I have noticed about these people is they are always the ones with the really high scores.
I just had a fight with someone called STEED, he had a ranking in th high 1600's, I completely mashed him up 4-0 and as soon as fight finished he D/C'd :(
If they are monitoring the competition surely they can see who has won and give them their deserved points and kick these cheaters out!!

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
My rating is sitting at a pretty sad 1744. I made it up to 1764 before a stupid loss. And I've had about 4 more DC's since last time bringing my total around 12. Still can't find lots of matches. Anyway heres that close match I said I was going to upload. Sadly it was only really close due to a stupid mistake on my part.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2l2zUioXAo

It kinda spoils my team, but the odds of me playing one of you guys who see it are extremely slim that I don't really care.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!

I'm already running that exact set, kind of rethinking Wide Guard though. I don't use it enough, and Acrobatics or Stone Edge would be helpful. I attached a White Herb, since I mostly use Mienshao to lead and thought it would help by blocking Intimidate, which I've only seen once surprisingly.

I'm at 30W 24L with 9 disconnects (3 more each time I update seems to be the constant). My ratings at 1534. I didn't battle a lot today, but I mostly did good on the one's I fought. Had a very memorable battle last night. The guy was in the 1700's and used Terrakion, Bisharp, Thundurus, and Tornadus; all shiny and using generic movesets. I'd give a blow by blow, but I'm too tired. I'll just summarize and say I used my Whimsicott to control the whole battle and generally made him look like a rookie. My only pokemon lost during the batle was the before mentioned Whimsicott. He was down to just the Tornado bros. and I had to sacrifice her to get in one more Encore and lock his Thundurus into Thunderbolt. This ensured my Hydriegon's survival as I laid waste with Draco Meteor and then brought in Elektross to clean up with Rock Slide. After I knocked out them out, I had started just thinking "I wonder how high this will shoot up my rating?" when he disconnected. :p Now I know how he got over 1700.

Edit:Oops. Actually I 2-0'd him not 3-0'd. I forgot I also lost my Mienshao in luring in that Thunderbolt I encored during that battle. And to answer the question below, yep. Nicknames don't show up on Wi-fi.

Sephyre

Grass Lover
I don't understand this tournament, a complete fake.
20 fight, 15 wins, ONLY 2 REGISTERED thanks to requitters ... Thanks Nintendo, real thanks >_>

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
I like some high ranking fellows they don't use cheep strategies and if you play your cards right you get one hell of a battle usually you end up with your opponent with one last pokemon each looking how to finsh each other it gets so intense and if you lose you feel that they deserved to and respect that fellow but those are rare =/ wish battles were like these
I actually prefer battling low ranked players because I know there's less of a chance they will ragequit on me. I'm not kidding you when I say that every 1700+ player I have faced have disconnected on me. Most 1600+ players have done it too. Anyway, gonna get a few more battles in tonight, hopefully I won't have terrible luck with the ragequitters..

Sephyre

Grass Lover
I actually prefer battling low ranked players because I know there's less of a chance they will ragequit on me. I'm not kidding you when I say that every 1700+ player I have faced have disconnected on me. Most 1600+ players have done it too. Anyway, gonna get a few more battles in tonight, hopefully I won't have terrible luck with the ragequitters..

Totally agree. A japanese girl with 1800+ rank, quitted at the first her own pokemon KO.
Only 1400/1500+ players NEVER quit. I just can't understand why they do this: people, it's a game, a competition game. If u can't stand to lose, just play in the game against lvl 2 Lillipups ._.

PokeMaster366

Totally agree. A japanese girl with 1800+ rank, quitted at the first her own pokemon KO.
Only 1400/1500+ players NEVER quit. I just can't understand why they do this: people, it's a game, a competition game. If u can't stand to lose, just play in the game against lvl 2 Lillipups ._.

Some people are just more concerned with being known as #1 than becoming the true best. They do not understand that the rankings are always flawed in some way. Just look at DragonMCody on the GBU. I do believe someone already gave a good example of him.

Oh yeah, I have some good news. My ranking finally appeared on the GBU, and according to it, I'm the overall highest ranked player in the United States of America next to DragonMCody.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Some people are just more concerned with being known as #1 than becoming the true best. They do not understand that the rankings are always flawed in some way. Just look at DragonMCody on the GBU. I do believe someone already gave a good example of him.

Oh yeah, I have some good news. My ranking finally appeared on the GBU, and according to it, I'm the overall highest ranked player in the United States of America next to DragonMCody.

Hey, congtats! That's a really cool achievement!

Pikawho?

(five15)
Took a look at the rules and regulations of this thing. It says explicitely that cheaters will be banned from ALL future competitions and their score will be dropped from the final rankings. Of course, things like having hacked pokemon and whatnot were listed. But it mentioned those who have a significant amount of D/Cs. (too lazy to post the source. It's on the GL under the competition info.)

Y'all prolly knew this but I just wanted to post what it is they're going to do to the rage quitters. It didn't say anything about causing them to lose points. They'll just be simply taken off the rankings. =/

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I currently have a rating of 1702 and if it wasn't for ragequitters I'd have been 1850 or something... I have almost given up on Autumn Friendly because of them.. On the other hand I am proud to say that I did not ragequit even once. When I knew I couldn't win a match I always forfeited. Sometimes I felt like ragequitting when so many people ragequit on me when I was winning and then I was losing to somebody but I never did it because I play with the real spirit of battling and I don't care if my rating doesn't go up coz of those people. If you like and respect a thing you don't get them by unfair means. With this belief I will always battle :)
I think Nintendo should have made a rule like giving a win directly to the person on whom somebody ragequit

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I think Nintendo should have made a rule like giving a win directly to the person on whom somebody ragequit

That and automaticly subtract points points from the one who ragequits. Like 5 points for each disconnection, then double the amount take after every 10 or 15 disconnections. That way the people with accidental disconnections from internet problems can still recover from the occasional drop, but people who consistently ragequit will see their rating be gradually drained.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
That and automaticly subtract points points from the one who ragequits. Like 5 points for each disconnection, then double the amount take after every 10 or 15 disconnections. That way the people with accidental disconnections from internet problems can still recover from the occasional drop, but people who consistently ragequit will see their rating be gradually drained.

Yeah I don't know why in the world they didn't consider that in the first place. Now Autumn Friendly is going nowhere with ragequitters getting good ratings and the real skilled and honest battlers getting agitated