• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Asrialys

lol I seem to have lost track of my wins and losses :p I might have 19 wins? Hard to tell because twice I've somehow disconnected while the game was saving after a battle (I lost both times). So I don't think anything got recorded. Of course, I don't do this on purpose. I feel bad if my opponents don't get their well-deserved win.

By the way, anyone else get disconnected while records are being saved right after a match?

Viv

Master Tactician
If I am a tard, then you are a spineless whelp, sir. What's the matter, Jeyre80? No real tactics in your closet? I'll bet you are using all kamis and some musketeers too. How many of them are shiny? I may disgust you, but you should know the feeling is mutual. People like you get no real thrill out of competition. You just want to win. What a pity.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
At least I'm not the only one getting mad at the rage quitters. I manged 20 battles so far, of which only 15 counted (12W-3L-5RQ). It's getting really annoying since all of those RQs would have been wins for me. As of yesterday I have yet to break 1600 again because the last 5 matches were rage quits.

Seriously, Nintendo should have made it so rage quits are treated as forfeits. They also should have made it so multiple rage quits results in banishment from the tournament.

If you want to pull that crud during normal play, that's fine. But leave that crap out of tournaments. It's unfair to the other players.

@ Viv: Just because they have legendaries doesn't mean they know how to use them. I have beaten plenty of legendary-only teams with my non-legendary teams. It's all about the strategies. If you are not good enough to beat those teams, or at least give them a good fight, then it's you that doesn't deserve to win.

Rage quitting is wrong, regardless of the reason. Those that do it are nothing but a**h**** and don't deserve their games.

@ Asrialys: Most of the time, you get dc'ed when the other player dc's. But since you lost, it was most likely you. So in that regard, no that hasn't happened to me.

If I am a tard, then you are a spineless whelp, sir. What's the matter, Jeyre80? No real tactics in your closet? I'll bet you are using all kamis and some musketeers too. How many of them are shiny? I may disgust you, but you should know the feeling is mutual. People like you get no real thrill out of competition. You just want to win. What a pity.

Scrafty, Cinccino, Amoonguss, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus.

I rarely find a use for Thundurus. I've used it in 20 battles, at most.

Viv

Master Tactician
Don't get me wrong, I don't ragequit on every person who uses them. Nintendo allows them, so its whatever. However, if most of your team is legendaries, then no dice sir, and I'm not going to raise your pedestal higher. And yes, there are plenty of people right now that don't know how to use their legendaries. Let me be blunt about my standings: I'm not here to win. I want to face the truly powerful. The ones that brought 6 pokemon that no one would really think to bring (maybe even as a combo), and they still rock my world. I may lose, but I lost with honor. Like this guy I'm battling now. Opening string is both shiny, and one is a Thundurus. -_- Really? What a wiener.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
I totally admit to ragequitting. However, I have my own rules; if you are packing all legendaries, then yeah, I'll gladly waste your time. I don't care what is and what isn't banned, I'm here to have fun with pokemon I worked hard to raise and develop a strategy with. If you've got three kamis, 2 musketeers, and an Amoongus, then yeah, you don't deserve to win, and I'm not going to help increase your ranking.

I understand that, and you know I'm not even going to say you're wrong about not letting them play and increase their score even higher, but I don't agree with Ragequiting.
When I find these cut and paste all legend teams, I don't know what to do. I don't want to Ragequit because I don't want to face a ban, but I don't want to let them have yet another win under their belt. What I've started doing was scouting with my header, and if they just start shutting me out, I give up the match. Yeah, that gives them a win, but it doesn't give them the satisfaction of a shut out. IF the ratio counts at all, it's a 2-4, or a 0-2, which looks better on me, lol. It probably doesn't matter though, but it makes ME feel better to not get totally shut out, lol.
Last night I got the short end of the stick for a very long time. Every time I won, they would RQ, and every time I lost they wouldn't. I won way more than I lost, but my score doesn't show that. I think a lot of people are experiancing the same thing. =_=

Don't get me wrong, I don't ragequit on every person who uses them. Nintendo allows them, so its whatever. However, if most of your team is legendaries, then no dice sir, and I'm not going to raise your pedestal higher. And yes, there are plenty of people right now that don't know how to use their legendaries. Let me be blunt about my standings: I'm not here to win. I want to face the truly powerful. The ones that brought 6 pokemon that no one would really think to bring (maybe even as a combo), and they still rock my world. I may lose, but I lost with honor. Like this guy I'm battling now. Opening string is both shiny, and one is a Thundurus. -_- Really? What a wiener.

As I said in your VMs...

Cinccino uses "After You" (base 115 Speed), targets my Amoonguss, Amoonguss uses Spore.

That would be how my turn one goes in over half my battles so far.

No legendaries...Just a fun stratagy and skill that probably surpasses what you have been able to come up with.

Viv

Master Tactician
Murra Myrrh...I respect your views. I see you're different. You know what was great about the game of pokemon vs everything else in the world? Like so many other games, you can have the thrill of competition. You can grow, your tactics can become stronger. But what really made it different was the sportsmanship of the game. Pokemon Trainers shake each others hands and always say "good game". Well, they used to at least. Now, since hacking pokemon became big in 4th gen, the mood has changed. Legendaries used to be just trophies, and the strong progressed by developing a strategy. It's not like that anymore.

Ragequitting is wrong, you're right. I hate it when people do it to me. But let me ask you this; why hasn't Nintendo done anything about it yet? Don't tell me they haven't figured out a way around it yet, because if you actually believe that, then you are quite delusional. Second of all, I would rather take the shame of ragequitting then watching this game drift further and further away from what it used to be.

Think of my actions as a samurai committing Seppuku. I am defeated, but I am not your trophy.

Viv

Master Tactician
Jeyre80...dude...you aren't going to win this against me. You brought three legendaries. That means you'll always have at least one on you. And you dare think your strategies surpass mine...well, then have your cake. It makes no difference to me, because I have no interest in battling someone still breastfeeding.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
@ Viv: Yeesh, someone has issues......

Murra Myrrh...I respect your views. I see you're different. You know what was great about the game of pokemon vs everything else in the world? Like so many other games, you can have the thrill of competition. You can grow, your tactics can become stronger. But what really made it different was the sportsmanship of the game. Pokemon Trainers shake each others hands and always say "good game". Well, they used to at least. Now, since hacking pokemon became big in 4th gen, the mood has changed. Legendaries used to be just trophies, and the strong progressed by developing a strategy. It's not like that anymore.

Ragequitting is wrong, you're right. I hate it when people do it to me. But let me ask you this; why hasn't Nintendo done anything about it yet? Don't tell me they haven't figured out a way around it yet, because if you actually believe that, then you are quite delusional. Second of all, I would rather take the shame of ragequitting then watching this game drift further and further away from what it used to be.

Think of my actions as a samurai committing Seppuku. I am defeated, but I am not your trophy.

And with my team of non-hacked Pokes, 3 of which I bred myself without RNG abuse, and all of which I trained myself, would you like to further your explanation on why someone like me gets d/c'd on, please?

I'm just trying to understand what goes through the minds of the d/cers. Maybe you can help?

Rokonpower

Humble Trainer
With all of these hax trainers in hiding, ragequitters, and an endless sight of Musketeer/Genie users, what's the point of calling this a "Friendly" Tournament anymore?

On another note, has anybody survived the Amoonguss TR trap?

With all of these hax trainers in hiding, ragequitters, and an endless sight of Musketeer/Genie users, what's the point of calling this a "Friendly" Tournament anymore?

Me. I intentionally brought a 0 speed IV, -speed natured Amoonguss of my own for those opposition Trick Room battlers.

Viv

Master Tactician
*sigh* No, sadly I don't. Well, at least not with this game, other things, very possibly. Look...I'm not going to continue insulting, I'm not going to continue explaining myself. I could only hope someone would share my love of a true battle. As I said, things aren't what they used to be. All I can do is keep reading this little screen that says "Searching for your opponent..." and hope that the next one I connect with will be a true warrior spirit. Don't get me wrong, I've had some great ones so far. And the thought of ragequitting on them never even crossed my mind, even when I lost. Perhaps we're just wired differently.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
@Viv: Ragequitting is wrong, no matter how you look at it. Take your Defeat in honor, don't be whiny because you can't beat somebody with a Thundurus or something. I'm using one, being the only legend I brung, and most of the time it dies before it scores a KO so I wouldn't call legends much of an overpowered species. I've destroyed legends with the mediocre attack of Serperior for crying out loud! Thundurus has mainly been a burden...:/ Sure legends are strong, but in overal power on my team, he is the 2nd weakest, just in front of Serperior. I've lost to more people with gimmick teams rather than ones with legends.-.- Legends aren't banned, so stop complaining.

Back on topic, Amoonguss in TR hasn't been a problem for me so far, luckly.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
The retarded thing is the results aren't saved until like 1-2 min after the battle. Plenty of time for the opponent to get mad and DC.

Results of the evening so far, btw: 3 matches, 3 ragequits

Yeah. I'm ****ing used to it so I'm not even gonna get mad.

I'm so used to people ragequitting on me that I see it as a big ****ing bonus if I don't see the blue screen right after the battle.

*sigh* No, sadly I don't. Well, at least not with this game, other things, very possibly. Look...I'm not going to continue insulting, I'm not going to continue explaining myself. I could only hope someone would share my love of a true battle. As I said, things aren't what they used to be. All I can do is keep reading this little screen that says "Searching for your opponent..." and hope that the next one I connect with will be a true warrior spirit. Don't get me wrong, I've had some great ones so far. And the thought of ragequitting on them never even crossed my mind, even when I lost. Perhaps we're just wired differently.
Missed the bolded portion I'm guessing?......
And with my team of non-hacked Pokes, 3 of which I bred myself without RNG abuse, and all of which I trained myself, would you like to further your explanation on why someone like me gets d/c'd on, please?

I'm just trying to understand what goes through the minds of the d/cers. Maybe you can help?

I breed, train, all that junk, without external cheating devices or RNG abuse.

More specifically, if you battled me, why would you d/c?

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
I remember that too, the old way people played. I'm going to be honest, I miss it really bad. I still try to show sportsmanship, because that's not only how I was raised, but because I want to be shown the same. It takes one person to start or end something. But I did notice that if you face a player, person to person, some of that classic play comes back. The hand shakes and tactic trades, you know the stuff we oldies remember lol.

Game Freak is doing something, I am sure. Maybe they're trying to scale the situation's true magnitude, that's what I would be doing with this prizeless tournament. Then implicate preventitive measures in later tournaments or in future games. Game companies are not stupid...At least large, old ones.
The spirit of the game is not dead, and if far from it IMO. There are people like you and me who play for the sake of playing, because it's good old fun.

DBK

Renegade Trainer

I have. My Chandelure destroys them before they can pull it off (actually I guess that means I haven't, since I have yet to be trapped, lol). :)