• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Pikawho?

(five15)
Well, that's it. I've had it. Enough is enough.

Everyone I faced ragequitted on me. I was not able to raise my ranking. I was not able to progress.

I'm signing out of this tournament now, and I doubt I will participate in any future ones.

Don't feel like you're the only one. Check out the number of losers I've faced. But I do understand your frustration.

However, unless they were lying in the rules/regulations, all rage quitters will be banned from all future competitions. This tourny is for nothing except maybe glory. Sure, you won't get the rank you rightfully deserve. But you're losing nothing from this tournament. By all means, don't battle again this time around. But don't sit out of future competitions, if GF stays true to its word. I'm starting to think that this tourny was intentionally set up to weed out the cheaters so that the "real" tournaments can begin. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.....

Anyways, spent the last many hours battling (hockey/baseball was on) and finally hit a peak of 1650. There were like 8 RQ-ers early on, but by the end of the night I didn't hit many. Got screwed out of a couple wins since wi-fi glicthed out on me as it was saving data. So, I decided to go for a few more wins. But....didn't do so well. Dropped back down to 1585 then eventually pulled it back up to 1608 before calling it a night.

Not much to say. I'm running a TR team so everyone using legendaries has been destroyed (Holy exploding Gigalith, batman! =3). The only combo I haven't figured out is Amoongus. Rage powder isn't the issue: it's the spore-spamming. I've only beaten it twice: when Musharna wakes up second turn and gets off the TR. Otherwise, C+P teams of that nature have contributed to most of my losses.

Notable battles: lost to one dude. Came down to the last turn. Next search, we were paired up again. We both mixed up our line-ups and I came out on top. Fortunately, he had the honor to let me keep the victory.

Not going to have much time to battle tomorrow since I've got some procrastinated hw to attend to. But since I'm sitting at 47 (counted) battles, I wanna at least make it an even 50.

Record: 31-15-1-27 (Last slot being RQ wins)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does legally forefitting by pressing the "Run" button count as rarequitting because I just did that in a match with this guy with a shiny Haxorus & a shiny Hydreigon after he beat all but 1 of my pokemon & he still had all 4 of his

Asrialys

Does legally forefitting by pressing the "Run" button count as rarequitting because I just did that in a match with this guy with a shiny Haxorus & a shiny Hydreigon after he beat all but 1 of my pokemon & he still had all 4 of his
No, since that match will still have a winner and a loser.

Pikawho?

(five15)

No. It counts as a forfeit. They'll get their win and you'll get your loss. If it was clear you were going to lose, that was a good move, since you'd rather not waste time. It's not rage quitting since it'll actually be recorded.

Mavm

WELL... today a i found a trainer with his pokemon in level 30 , my first thougth was, ok he will dc , but he didn´t ...

this was something rare to me, because player of 1600 or 1700 when lose, they dc .

this make me think... he was just a player having fun with pokemon, something that a lot a players had forgotten...

Hilijix

Back in Blue
It seems this was the night of the noobs... Failure was the only option to my 50th battle, though I clearly could've won the third before if they didn't D/C! I even encountered the famous CodyVGC and almost won... Argh, so annoying that I could only complete 15 battles again.

Battles: 50
Record: 34-16 (13 disconnectors)
Shinies Encountered: 19
Most Fought Monsters: (Today) Haxorus, Conkeldurr, Samurott

(1605)Battle 35: Stef (Lass F)
Netherlands
“Color change! Color change!”
Haxorus *shiny*, Conkeldurr, Eelektross, Terrakion, Reuniclus, Landorus
LOSS 0-1, Shadow Ball by Reuniclus to Lilandra

Battle 36: Xaven
Canada, British Columbia
Scrafty, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Haxorus, Reuniclus, Samurott
WIN 4-0, X-Scissor by Hatchet to Scrafty

(1589)Battle 37: Fred
France, Provence Alpes Cote d Azur
Terrakion, Whimsicott, Thundurus, Jellicent, Haxorus, Volcarona
D/C, right when one Pokemon left

(1601)Battle 38: Nath
I wonder if Omanyte is yummy…
Musharna, Eelektross, Zoroark, Hydreigon, Samurott, Volcarona
WIN, 2-0 Scald by Gellyona to Samurott

Battle 39: ETHAN
Hydreigon, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Cofagrigus, Golurk, Galvantula
D/C, right when one Pokemon left

(1606)Battle 39: Myrrh
???
I wonder if Vanillite is yummy…
Lilligant, Excadrill *shiny*, Braviary, Zoroark, Beartic, Chandelure *shiny*
LOSS, 0-3 Shadow Ball by Chandelure to RedNBlumon

Battle 40: Black
Yo! I’m champion.
Krookodile, Volcarona, Samurott, Terrakion, Serperior, Zebstrika
WIN, 1-0, Scald by Gellyona to Krookodile

(1598)Battle 41: SKULL
UK, Scotland
“My favorite Pokemon is Zoroark!
Zoroark, Volcarona, Mienshao, Hydreigon, Vanilluxe, Samurott
D/C, about to lose

Battle 41: Hugh
???
Haxorus, Zoroark, Mienshao, Whimsicott, Ferrothorn, Thundurus
LOSS, 0-2 Hi Jump Kick by Mienshao to Krystalith

(1578)Battle 42: Eduardo
Peru
Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Conkeldurr, Liepard, Darmanitan, Swanna
WIN, 4-0, Dragon Claw by RedNBlumon to Swanna

(1590)Battle 43: Leafarz
Washington DC
“I like to love it with old man!”
D/C before Pokemon select

(1590)Battle 43: Leoh
Pennsylvania
Connection error

(1590)Battle 43: X
Oregon
Nature is the real treasure!
Accelgor *shiny*, Cofagrigus, Carracosta, Thundurus, Escavalier, Sigilyph
WIN 2-0, Crunch by RedNBlumon to Cofagrigus

Battle 44: Felioe
Chile
“See ya! Nightmare!”
Chandelure, Eelektross, Beartic, Srafty *shiny*, Amoonguss, Jellicent
LOSS 1-2, Forfeited due to impassable situation

Battle 45: Touya
Samurott, Watchog, Sawk, Simisear, Shelmet, Karrablast
WIN 4-0, Death by poison

(1591)Battle 46: Zac*
USA, CA
“Hello? HELLO?!”
Eelektross, Darmanitan, Samurott, Mandibuzz, Scolipede, Gothitelle
WIN 3-0, X Scissor by Hatchet to Gothitelle

(1605)Battle 47: Jacob
USA Texas
“I’ll show you my unbelievable strategy!
Cofagrigus, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, Ferrothorn, Gigalith, Audino
WIN 2-0, Scald by Gellyona to Gigalith

(1615)Battle 48: Kevin
Canada Ontario
Crustle, Amoonguss, Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Mienshao, Archeops
WIN 2-0, X-Scissor by Hatchet to Cofagrigus

(1631)Battle 49: Mr. A
“What’s your favorite Pokemon?”
Whimsicott, Conkeldurr, Samurott, Golurk, Musharna, Ferrothorn
WIN 4-0, X-Scissor by Hatchet to Ferrothorn

Battle 50: CodyVGC
A very high number
“The power of Salamence is awesome!”
Thundurus, Jellicent, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Haxorus, Tornadus
D/C, of course, one Pokemon left with one HP

(1641)Battle 50: Gouki
Chile
Lilligant, Amoonguss, Jellicent, Krookodile, Mandibuzz, Hydreigon
D/C, about to lose

(1641)Battle 50: Navi
I love it? I got it!
Whimsicott, Terrakion, Haxorus *shiny*, Chandelure *shiny*, Mienshao, Tornadus
D/C, about to lose

(1641)Battle 50: ADRIAN
CA, USA
I wonder if Tepig is yummy…
Haxorus, Alomola, Reuniclus, Terrakion, Volcarona, Durant
LOSS, 1-2 Forfeit because failure is the only option…

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has anyone had trouble with a trainer named DEK AT-T, the guy who uses shiny sweepers?

I'm really getting depressed because ever since yesterday I haven't because ever since yesterday I haven't been able to win a single match :(

Zachmac

this make me think... he was just a player having fun with pokemon, something that a lot a players had forgotten...
I haven't forgotten. Sure, I do put in effort to win, but I want to have fun while I'm at it. For me, if I don't have fun, what's the point?

There are still a good amount of players who haven't forgotten though.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
I haven't forgotten. Sure, I do put in effort to win, but I want to have fun while I'm at it. For me, if I don't have fun, what's the point?

I have not forgotten. I entered with a team of whatever I felt like. They weren't EV'd or any of that stuff. And if it wasn't for the disconnectors, my rating would be ALOT higher.

Mavm

sadly , the ragequitters probably doesn´t think the same...

only care for a high rank and if they have to dc to keep their rank, they just do it.

i hope that nintendo really keep the promise of ban the ragequitters for tournament in the future, well expecting the penalty they promise will be a ban ...but of course no one know what will be the penalty

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
34W 27L with 12 disconnects, the streak of getting 3 ragequits a day continues! Rating:1565. Decided to quit while I was ahead and call it a night. I had some fun battles this evening. My first battle was a defeat, but it was interesting because it was against the same person I fought my 2nd and 3rd battle in the tournament against and handed me my first two losses. His name is DONSTEV and now he was at 1993. I did much better against him this time and, if I had predicted better, I probably would have beat him. As usual I had three people ragequit on me. I'm not too mad about one though, she was already at 1306 and all but one of her pokemon were well below lvl. 50, so I felt a little bad about the win anyways. Then there was the last one of the night, that was a real knucklebiter there. I thought I was doomed, but then the guy decided to sit there and gloat, and fortune smiled upon me, lol. I had to save the video, it's number is 73-98756-86265 if anyone's interested.

Alright its time for a truth bomb.

You honestly have to be a little stupid not to rage quit a little bit in this tournament once you reach 1800 plus If you expect to go far. The ELO system was never designed to factor in a forth match up descion RQ (disconnects) or what it really is doing giving free byes in the middle of a match and dening another player points. If I hit 1900 plus I would barely play today then the last day of tournament then I'd give it a real good effort. I'm sure on the last day the real good players (and I say this lightly) will come out to play. I don't know how often these higher level players are RQ'ing but everytime they are about to lose to a 1200-1500 rated player its probably well worth the risk for them to quit then. But I'm sure depending on the number of games they play they can't just safely quit half their games. This is known as gaming the system and it happens in all forms of competition, weather its using disconnects to your advantage, understandinf of pairing systems, whatever it happens. I'd hope gamefreak dq's at least people with 15%-30% disconnect rate to games played.

The rating system for pokemon needs to be changed to factor in disconnects. I'm only posting this cause after this large friendly tournament I hope the community will realize this huge flaw in truly rewarding their best players. I'm not trying to be mean. I hope you will take this thoughtfully and not rage inspiring despite how disconnets have made you feel.

Madden610

Alright its time for a truth bomb.

You honestly have to be a little stupid not to rage quit a little bit in this tournament once you reach 1800 plus If you expect to go far. The ELO system was never designed to factor in a forth match up descion RQ (disconnects) or what it really is doing giving free byes in the middle of a match and dening another player points. If I hit 1900 plus I would barely play today then the last day of tournament then I'd give it a real good effort. I'm sure on the last day the real good players (and I say this lightly) will come out to play. I don't know how often these higher level players are RQ'ing but everytime they are about to lose to a 1200-1500 rated player its probably well worth the risk for them to quit then. But I'm sure depending on the number of games they play they can't just safely quit half their games. This is known as gaming the system and it happens in all forms of competition, weather its using disconnects to your advantage, understandinf of pairing systems, whatever it happens. I'd hope gamefreak dq's at least people with 15%-30% disconnect rate to games played.

The rating system for pokemon needs to be changed to factor in disconnects. I'm only posting this cause after this large friendly tournament I hope the community will realize this huge flaw in truly rewarding their best players. I'm not trying to be mean. I hope you will take this thoughtfully and not rage inspiring despite how disconnets have made you feel.

You realize if you DC to much you can be banned from all future tournements and potentially even the GlobalUnion right? In the rules it only mentions tournements but my Cousin DC'd a lot and got an email saying if he keeps it up he will be banned from the tournements and GlobalUnion...

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I think Amoonguss shoud be banned in double battles... I mean it keeps sporing the whole team and 90% of the time the opponent can set up trick room and Amoonguss can spore everyone easily... and if doesn't spore rage powder can be almost equally disastrous because its ally can then do the beating if someone is resistant to Amoonguss... and there are almost no counters for it because it can protect set up trick room against them and spore... The only fickle counter I have figured out for it is opposing Amonguss in trick room but even that will work half of the time... my team is beating almost every team except those that have Amoonguss and I have 2 pokes whose attacks are supereffective against Amoonguss and both powerful but it protects the other sets up trick room and only 1 of my pokes can get a hit at it and it mostly survives with low hp and then spores the other one too and its ally does the beating... Agitating

geojenn03

I've been playing off and on through the tournament (if anyone battles a Jenn from California that's most likely me :). I joined since aside from battling last generation with PBR I had never really competed with other trainers and a wi-fi tournament sounded interesting. Spent a bit of time creating my team and training, but not as much as I could have. So far at a rating of about 1627, and probably won't get much higher than that. Haven't really been keeping track of my W/L/DC ratio, though like I've been seeing the last is probably the highest of the three. Well, that's all I've got at the moment, good luck to those still battling it out!

You realize if you DC to much you can be banned from all future tournements and potentially even the GlobalUnion right? In the rules it only mentions tournements but my Cousin DC'd a lot and got an email saying if he keeps it up he will be banned from the tournements and GlobalUnion...

I'm not in any danger buddy, but I do have a very extensive understanding of game theroy. You should look up the ELO rating system and try to really learn something about the games you play. I am trying to point out something that this community should really deal with. I hope they are serious about banning players though. Although I think in the long run this will have backlash effect with many players quiting pokemon for good if their not careful with who they ban. Someone completely innocent could get banned if they don't figure out a way to really know who disconnects. They'll need to figure out a real solution in the end.

Can you give us an idea how much your cousin was Disconnecting?

Rokonpower

Humble Trainer
So far, I've managed to keep 49 battles on my Trainer Card record, 36W/13L, and 30+ RQs (24 running away with my victories, 5 that dc from me before the battle could even start, and 1 DC that left me and the opponent in a stalemate).

I know that the people that RQ don't want to risk any chance of losing points, but I am upset at the way some of these guys quit on me. Some of them will wait to give me the additional win, but then quit just before I can collect any points. It's as if the RQer's saying, 'Fine, you can say you beat me, but I'm still gonna prevent you from taking the lead!' I may have the extra win, but I still think this way of RQing is far more rotten than leaving the match before the results come up. If you aren't going to give your foe any points, then you shouldn't give him anything at all.

On another odd note, I lost my latest battle, but after the Win/Lose results ended, my victorious opponent quit on me? I didn't lose any points because the WINNER quit on me!? I mean, why?