• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

shrek

Haven't been battling loads but have been enjoying it so far even with a few d/c's
Between that and battling people in the 1900's and higher I haven't been moving much in the ratings but sure I'm just in it for the good battles. If I finish with any points higher then the start then I'll be happy. Looking back now I should've tested my team is terribly jelly weak.

Happy last day of battling guys and let's stop worrying bout what penalties will go against ragequitters because after today its down to GF

PokeMaster366

I'm done with the Autumn Friendly Tournament. Not because of Rage Quitters (btw, my latest opponent had a +1800 rating and quit on me before the results were sent), but because I'm tired of standing out in the open with nowhere to sit right now. Right now, I think I'll be fine with my rating at 1758. A lot of high ranking players are rage quitting, so I won't be surprised if I end up high on the final rankings list with my score. You see now why I like VGCs so much. It's not like anyone can RQ there without being punished on-the-spot and there are vacation packages (sort of) involved. I already know that a lot of people will spam rain and sandstorm, so I'm already prepared (or at least I think I am) for the generic teams.

At the end of this tournament, they should give a special profile picture to the top 200 or so players.

MajinYoshi

Dragon Master
My Focus Sashed Terrakion has wrecked havoc on everything except Jellicent and Golurk. I'm not bothering to get other good Pokemon though, I'm not expecting to win every battle. I know that there are guys infinitely better than me, so I'll just use whatever Pokemon I find lying around. Also, people are still disconnecting when they're proved to be noobs...

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
yeah i had one from my own region in the united kingdom. i took down three of his pokemon with my first two and he had only one left which wouldnt have been able to survive two high powered attacks from both my pokemon. he disconnected before sending the 4th pokemon out. i was highly disappointed in this, his rating wasnt even that high either, around high 1500's i think

LinksOcarina

The true master
eh, I expected as much. When it's a tournament-style game with no technical sanctions, people will try to go around the rules as much as possible, and I highly doubt Nintendo can really catch people cheating like this all the time.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
I made it to 1821, but then I lost... I hope I'm still over 1800. Wayyyyy to may D/C'ers. I think I've had 8-9 more since my last update. Either way I'm still happy with this tournament, its been fun and I got a lot of good videos recorded to. But now I kind of wanna get back to random matchup. I'm going to play a bit more to secure myself over 1800.

I my record is 67-11. Not too bad for a beginning competitive battler.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
=_= I've litterally had to redo every other battle. Again, if I won, they RQed, if I lost, they didn't. I beat someone with a score of 1800, and of course they RQed. *sigh*

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
i dont know what happened but i was battling some person
he sent out tornadus and chandelere

i send out golurk and klingklang

tornado used tailwind but for some reason my klingklang outsped his chandelure and i use gear grind on his tornado before getting ko'd by heat wave (i still lost the battle because my autumn friendly team sucked)

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
This tourney started out good and than boom d/c started to go crazy with d/c,no penalty as of yet.Real dull it was fun for a day or 2 while it lasted =/

Arande

Curious, about what rating is the average opponent for the last 20 hours or so? Was busy witha board game convention over the weekend, and tempted to try to get to 1700. At 1653 now.

Hmm, lots of people talking about RQ's... I'd laugh if they really do remove em from finals and the top guy only has like 1750 XD. Probably won't happen, but would be amusing.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
Curious, about what rating is the average opponent for the last 20 hours or so? Was busy witha board game convention over the weekend, and tempted to try to get to 1700. At 1653 now.

Hmm, lots of people talking about RQ's... I'd laugh if they really do remove em from finals and the top guy only has like 1750 XD. Probably won't happen, but would be amusing.

It really would but think about how much time of your life was wasted
I saw someone put 2 hour only for everyone to rage quit poor people i mean 2 hours could of been put to better use

Zachmac

i dont know what happened but i was battling some person
he sent out tornadus and chandelere

i send out golurk and klingklang

tornado used tailwind but for some reason my klingklang outsped his chandelure and i use gear grind on his tornado before getting ko'd by heat wave (i still lost the battle because my autumn friendly team sucked)
Once a round starts, a pokemon's speed won't change, even with Tailwind/Paralysis. You won't see the effect until the next turn.

You first doesn't count.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Argh, I have a perfectly good record and lost 4 times in a row, and now my connection seems to not let me get back on... Now I will never reach top 200, unless what Arande said was true. :( I can't wait until this is over, I probably won't fight at all tomorrow due to work.

Battles: 65
Record: 43-22 (14)

(1624)Battle 51: MARCO-M
Italy Emilia-Romagna
Volcarona, Haxorus, Whimsicott, Galvantula, Thudurus, Carracosta
WIN 3-0, Rock Slide by Krystalith to Thundurus

Battle 52: Kennedy
Maryland
Archeops, Eelektross, Conkeldurr *shiny*, Whimsicott, Hydreigon, Carracosta
LOSS, Forfeit due to one Pokemon left

Battle 53: Kain
El Salvador
Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Terrakion, Thundurus, Whimsicott, Volcarona
WIN 1-0, Death by poison

Battle 54: Aura
Tennessee
Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Zoroark, Galvantula, Haxorus, Chandelure
WIN, 2-0 Earthquake by Krystalith to Haxorus and Chandelure

Battle 55: Derek
Canada Ontario
Serperior, Stoutland, Haxorus, Volcarona, Emboar, Samurott
WIN 3-0, Stone Edge by Krystalith to Haxorus

Battle 56: Mr. A
“What’s your favorite Pokemon?”
Whimsicott, Conkeldurr, Samurott, Golurk, Musharna, Ferrothorn
WIN 3-0, Thunderbolt by Lilandra to Samurott

(1665)Battle 57: PICHU
USA, CA

“Nothing beats mufufu!”
Crustle, Reuniclus, Golurk, Galvantula, Archeops, Darmanitan
LOSS, forfeit, three Pokemon defeated in two turns, no TR (just horrible…)

Battle 58: WAVE
Florida
“You’re fighting, aren’t you?”
Liepard, Serperior, Galvantula, Darmanitan, Carracosta, Braviary
WIN 1-0, X-Scissor by Hatchet to Liepard

Battle 59: Javier
Illinois
“Ok!”
Connection error

Battle 59: Viper
Illinois, USA
“I want to hate with anger!”
Hydreigon, Volcarona, Haxorus, Chandelure, Gigalith, Reuniclus
WIN? Person forfeited

(1668)Battle 60: JEW
Michigan
Please trade! I want a Tornadus!
Reuniclus, Mienshao, Tornadus, Beartic, Terrakion, Hydreigon
WIN 3-0, X-Scissor by Hatchet to Reuniclus

Battle 61: JAMC
Panama
Gigalith, Musharna, Chandelure, Bouffalant, Eelektross, Ferrothorn
D/C, enemy D/C’d despite about to win

(1675)Battle 61: Mattcow
Brazil Ceara
“Hello! Battle test!”
Haxorus, Gigalith, Scrafty, Musharna, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus
LOSS, Drain Punch by Conkeldurr to Krystalith

Battle 62: JOSH
USA, CA
Lilligant, Darmanitan, Jellicent, Galvantula, Mienshao, Hydreigon
LOSS, 1-3 Forfeit due to bad move selection in my part

Battle 63: Cynthia
Beat up is the reason for justified.
Samurott, Zoroark, Eelektross, Braviary, Volcarona, Tornadus
LOSS, Flamethrower by Eelektross to Hatchet

(1626)Battle 64: SAM
Ta-da! Here comes victory!
Hydreigon, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Archeops, Samurott, Volcarona
LOSS 1-4, horrible team selection and matchup

(1610)Battle 65: Blaine
Missouri
“Pokemon is the reason for life.”
Communication error

I really hate this tournament. It should've been named Autumn: Disconnect Friendly.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Aw, I got up to 22-11. Sad face; I think the only people left battling are the actual good people. And maybe luck just hasn't been on my side, iono. It's fun at least.

Oh well, time to step up the game. ^__^

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
Same here, I'm really getting sick of this. All I want to do is get past 1800 again, then I'm done. Hopefully if Nintendo actually pays attention to D/Cer's, that'll be good enough for top 200. After that, I'm done. Sick of tired getting D/Ced against, and the AF metagame has gotten stale.

I really hope Nintendo pays attention, because I know I haven't D/Ced once in this tournament( besides the one that happened by accident) and so have many other people. It'll really suck if playing fair is not rewarded.

At the very least we'll see a lot less competitors for the next one.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
39W 27L, 15 disconnects total so far (long live the streak). Rating: 1622. Finally beat my previous rating peak of 1620 today. Wasn't particularly hard though, everyone I faced today was easy to beat. I think all the tough players have called it quits to preserve their rating. Of the people I faced, 2 were in the 1500's, 1 in the 1100's, and the rest varying between the 1300's and 1400's.