• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Nights (Discussion thread)

Zodiac response and general RPG Cafe banter.

Hi all;

I'm new to the RPG (sorta.); and talking about Zodiac, I see Fresca probably as a Gemini. Though I'm going to modify her personality a bit, swap a few words, and stuff, to make it not sound so negative. I wrote it during irl dramas so my negativity oozed onto Fresca; poor Fresca....

Honestly I've never seen that Chibi-Italia show; the only nation-personification I've seen is the comic about Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.

Also @Innerflame; I do like your drawings. I love drawing mine and other characters, and seeing likewise. There is one little thing I'm nit-picky about, and it's the abs/chest. To me, they seem too long, between shoulders and waist. That and the space between each ab; feels like there's too much a gap. I'm not here to critique though; that's really the only thing I felt off about it.

I'm excited to join in~
Can't wait to see what Monster Guy has planned for the future.
and looking forward to RPing with you all.
/mood = energetically hyper.

Also @Innerflame; as a hindsight, our characters are oddly similar.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Wait, isn't Capricorn...really earthy and conservative like Virgo? XD Lovina is hardly earthy and conservative...she probably plays "The Sexy One" among the girls aside from being so bitter and grudge-bearing (unless War's Rose is supposed to be that). XD Sagittarius is probably a cool sign for her too, since her birthday is a Sagittarius one (November 21). XD

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WesternZodiac

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Though a Capricorn is also very hard working and ambitious. Also, if people are born on certain days they'll have traits of two signs, or at least that's what they say. So Lovina could be a mix of Sagittarius and Capricorn. Even so she's actually a mix of Scorpio and Sagittarius based on her birth date. Considering how she can be, that makes total logical sense.

Pyroli

Banned
Wait, isn't Capricorn...really earthy and conservative like Virgo? XD Lovina is hardly earthy and conservative...she probably plays "The Sexy One" among the girls aside from being so bitter and grudge-bearing (unless War's Rose is supposed to be that). XD Sagittarius is probably a cool sign for her too, since her birthday is a Sagittarius one (November 21). XD

Reading those descriptions on TVtropes, Elaine is more Capricorn/Pisces/Scorpio.

Dang I have a real mess of things going now. ono'''

-------------

Hi all;

I'm new to the RPG (sorta.); and talking about Zodiac, I see Fresca probably as a Gemini. Though I'm going to modify her personality a bit, swap a few words, and stuff, to make it not sound so negative. I wrote it during irl dramas so my negativity oozed onto Fresca; poor Fresca....

Honestly I've never seen that Chibi-Italia show; the only nation-personification I've seen is the comic about Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.

Also @Innerflame; I do like your drawings. I love drawing mine and other characters, and seeing likewise. There is one little thing I'm nit-picky about, and it's the abs/chest. To me, they seem too long, between shoulders and waist. That and the space between each ab; feels like there's too much a gap. I'm not here to critique though; that's really the only thing I felt off about it.

I'm excited to join in~
Can't wait to see what Monster Guy has planned for the future.
and looking forward to RPing with you all.
/mood = energetically hyper.

And also a welcome is due for you m'dear, welcome to the rp ouo.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Eh, she's a mix of signs at the end of the year, I must say...since she was born close to the end of the year. XD She lacks the discipline, structuredness, conservativeness, moral orientation and sternness of a Capricorn though (Earth signs are the most likely to be of the Lawful alignment, and Lovina is Chaotic something)...plus, Hestia...seriously? Lovina is no Hestia. XD

Capricorn fits Aurelia or Elaine more than Lovina if we were to assign one sign per character (Aurelia also fits Virgo very well). The last thing Lovina would be is Cancer though...I have problems with writing a Cancer and kinda refuse to do so, since I can't pull it off. XD

Aurelia's SU is finished, btw, from what I could see in GH's post. XD

What's your list of the one-sign-per-character? XD

Beirut, TvTropes isn't complete though. XD Aries could still be...

And for Fresca's Hetalia counterpart...man, we might have another Belarus candidate, aside from Tate and Lovina. XD We have to settle who's our Belarus once and for all. XD

Last edited:
And also a welcome is due for you m'dear, welcome to the rp ouo.

Thanks for the greetings.
Reading that TVTropes right now; I dunno never understood Tropes, back in my day we just had wikipedia!

Anywho, a question to that Monster Guy, whenever he comes out of his monster cave.

Would you allow us to help create NPCs for your game? Or are you and your Co GM going to make NPCs soely?

And for Fresca's Hetalia counterpart...man, we might have another Belarus candidate, aside from Tate and Lovina. XD

I'm reading the Hetalia wiki now... interesting stuff, might watch the anime...

Edit: Also, yay, my 20th post! TIME TO BEAT BROCK!

Edit # 2: What is with almost every character in this RPG and tragic depressing backstories/personalities? Yeesh! Some super-heroes we will turn out to be...

Edit #3: Added in the X-man's remark.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well,duuh. Have you ever heard of a superhero who had a good childhood and life? lol

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Beirut, of course! XD Or use RNG. XD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I don't know what you mean With all the zodiac stuff, but I can't really figure out what my character would be. lol. Maybe Gemini, I don't know.
Though, I plan on having my character have a crush on bronislav's cat-girl. lol

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Leo is a Leo. Normally I don't plan birthdays because Zodiac signs aren't always accurate. I only do it for plot reasons, or if there's some kind of pun/reference that can be made from it. (Like Leo being Leo. xD)

Rose is supposed to be painfully shy from what I know.

Also Aurelia is done, she just needs to settle on a cloth and some artes.

Beirut, of course! XD Or use RNG. XD

This job is serious business! I am not going to use an RNG... I need someone active, that knows what they're doing, that can put up with my crap, etc.

I don't know what you mean With all the zodiac stuff, but I can't really figure out what my character would be. lol. Maybe Gemini, I don't know.
Though, I plan on having my character have a crush on bronislav's cat-girl. lol

Wrong RPG dude...

Would you allow us to help create NPCs for your game? Or are you and your Co GM going to make NPCs soely?

Depends on who the NPC is...

Edit # 2: What is with almost every character in this RPG and tragic depressing backstories/personalities? Yeesh! Some super-heroes we will turn out to be...

I know... >_> Hence my initial comment about Fresca... We have enough miserable people as it is. :/

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Fak. This confuse me too much sometimes. lol
Sorry. My character's still napping, right? I'll forecully Wake him up in my NeXT post. Are there many People left before we can continue?

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo

Welcome, welcome Sir Snail I hope we have an enjoyable RPG experience together. Thanks that nice of you to say; even though I personally feel my drawing is so-so. Yeah know, that why its still a work in progress and it is my first true attempt to draw abs and shirtless guys. I'm still consulting my drawing books so comment again when I post the completed version.

I haven't read your sign-up yet but that good to know. I'll keep that in mind when I go through it.

Speaking of my sign-up, apparently Florenz is my best sign-up of the year. I got three accounts of Reputation points, or something from that sign-up.

Well to be fair I actually finished my sign-up before most of the people. And Florenz isn't so bad, not very happy but... I also just happen to write sad backstories better than happy ones I realize.

Anyway, I'm considering hiring a third Co-GM to pick up the slack when War disappears. Anyone interested?

I think I mention through VM but I'm willing to be a Co-GM if you want me too.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I'm the opposite. I usually write happy backstories better than sad ones. xD

I can fill the position, if you want... I'm usually pretty active, but I wasn't someone you first invited, so....

That's because I originally wanted a small group... Now, with 14 (13 if Rotom doesn't stick around...) characters, and one GM that tends to go MIA at random and inappropriate times, I need all the help I can get.

I think I mention through VM but I'm willing to be a Co-GM if you want me too.

Oh decisions decisions...

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I would offer to help Monny but I'm way too busy XD.

>Sad Backstories

What's going on in my head definitely helps me write sad backstories. I mean, ask everyone around, I practically can RPG a good, fucked up character or a girl(I'm a guy, if no one knew that yet.) Have I ever had a happy go lucky character with a happy backstory? I guess Old!Freya would have the least tragic, but oh god New!Freya. I serious feel bad for that woman, same with ALyssa. Asher's fighting insanity, among other messed up ****. Sayo is mysterious enough that no one really knows. Tate's like "Hooray Lost is having a happy character!" *Reads SU* "Oh my god why!?"

>Small group

Iirc we were just planning on eight, then everyone decided to pop out of the shadows and now we're roughly at 14. We almost doubled in size XD

>Snail,

Welcome aboard! I hope you have a fun time here and learn the ropes pretty well.

Yes, I have... >_>

I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet. I'll get to them later.

Anyway, I'm considering hiring a third Co-GM to pick up the slack when War disappears. Anyone interested?

I have some GM experience, but I see you've gotten enough volunteers. I'm an idea person, like, I can help with story flow if you're stuck on what next to write; or if you need to brainstorm new NPC characters. We've talked throug PM a little about it. what's the payroll and academic requirements since you're hiring? :p

Edit: Also looking through other posts to reply; probably will make another post, pending on if someone responds after this one or not; to not double post.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
@Lost: I figured as much. xD

I have enough problems in real life, I don't care to RP them. :/ The most tragic character I ever made was Shandy Lure, and I think her reason for being that way is justified.

I have some GM experience, but I see you've gotten enough volunteers. I'm an idea person, like, I can help with story flow if you're stuck on what next to write; or if you need to brainstorm new NPC characters. We've talked throug PM a little about it. what's the payroll and academic requirements since you're hiring? :p

I'm left with two NPCs I didn't make and have no idea how to control, and I'm figuring out how to move things along.

RPG experience, and the satisfaction of a job well-done? xD

Maybe I should use an RNG...

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
I pretty sure I'm like Florenz and I'm a bit of sadist... I enjoy having tragic, picked on characters and watching them go through a bunch of conflicts, but... I really love it when the find happiness at the end of it all. It probably has to do with how my childhood was poo and I turned out alright. Speaking of it, the video in Snail's sig really touched me.

My first RPG I actually started completely overwhelm me and then life got really busy... And the one time I was a Co-GM that real GM disappeared and everything was on me and I didn't know what to do... But as long as I have an basic idea of the plot and where it's going I should be able to keep it going. I'm a person of details myself and I like to have all the facts so I can plan ahead.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I'm up for the job if you want me to, since Lovina and Felice can be separated into different groups when it's necessary. XD You don't have to RNG every single one, just the ones up for it. XD

Next random topic...sort the characters into Hogwarts houses. Remember, darker characters and criminals don't all belong in Slytherin...otherwise, Slytherin would be crowded. XD Strangely, I see Felice as being in it, since he is manipulative, or Ravenclaw, because Ravenclaw can also be creatively talented, not necessarily academically smart. XD

Mon, what's your list on the Zodiac scheme? I'll make Gaias of them. XD I guess some can have their own Zodiac signs, while others can get aesthetic choices. XD

Last edited: