• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
We in the Avatar: The Last Airbender Club have been pretty excited about this new series' confirmation, ever since we got word of Viacom announcing it was looking for artists and composers and whatnot for their " Untitled Avatar: The Last Airbender Project".

I can only imagine that if this new character, "Korra" is the Avatar, that would also mean that the Air Nomads were reborn, as after 100 years or so, the Avatar would have been reborn into the Water Tribe, then the Earth Kingdom, and finally the Fire Nation. But unless Aang somehow repopulated the world with new Airbenders, the Avatar line would end immidiatly end after the Fire Nation's Avatar, because it could not be reborn into the Air Nomads.

Profesco

gone gently
Well, that's underwhelming. The idea of watching the show without the characters I already grew to enjoy, without witnessing how they lived through the direct results of the resolution of the conclusion of the original series, isn't very interesting. I'm not sure I'll care enough to make the effort to see this.

Taichi

Well, since it's one hundred years, I'm sure Aang will still be alive by then. People live long in the Avatar World. Kiyoshi lived atleast 200 years. (I remember them saying something like that on an Avatar Extra's episode.) And since Aang can Energybend, I'm sure Air nomads will be back, he just has to find the right people to Energybend to.

HoennMaster

I'm sure they writers are more than capable of explaining these little bits of information.

Explaining them 100 years later is different then when they actually happened though.

After watching the wretched mess that was M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, I'm happy to hear that there will be a new Avatar series.

After watching the wretched mess that was M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, I'm happy to hear that there will be a new Avatar series.

Don't mention it, from now on we'll call it Film-that-was-never-made we're erasing it from history like the matrix sequels and the Star wars prequels.

Manchee

extra toasty
I call flashback shenanigans.
I predict we'll find out what happened to Zuko's mom/other stuff.

I thought it was said already that there would be flashbacks... muh. If we don't find out about Zuko's mom I'm going to be upset, because I'm still bothered by that question he asked at the end >.>

I like the new series title though. I think it makes it sound like this is more of a new story than just a continuation of the previous one. I'm sure they'll have a few things regarding Aang and everyone, but I'm excited to see some new characters.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Awww man. I was hoping we would find out what happened to Zuko's mom. Or what happened to Azula after she was locked up. Honestly, it was really sad to see her fall apart like that.

But any continuation of the series is welcomed to me. After Sozin's Comet, it kind of left you wanting more. So many things were left up in the air and you just had to find out.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, since it's one hundred years, I'm sure Aang will still be alive by then. People live long in the Avatar World. Kiyoshi lived atleast 200 years.
I mentioned less than 3 posts ago that Aang's old friend Bumi was still alive after 100 years. So, it's not a stretch to believe that he'd still be around.

Admittingly, it was at least better than the Dragonball adaptation.

Don't mention it, from now on we'll call it Film-that-was-never-made we're erasing it from history like the matrix sequels and the Star wars prequels.
There's an actual term for that

in bold: ...:rolleyes:

C_L

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
So there's more to come...

They left a lot of loose ends at the end of Book Three, so after it ended, I assumed that there would be some sort of continuation. So, you could say that I've been waiting for this for a while :p (I'm excited to find out what they'll do with the story, since it's 100 years later. If Aang isn't there anymore, who's going to be the new Avatar?)

All in all, it would be refreshing to see a completely different story, with all-new characters. If they somehow find a way to work in the information from the old seasons into the new ones, it'll turn out great.

Last edited:
Well, since it's one hundred years, I'm sure Aang will still be alive by then. People live long in the Avatar World. Kiyoshi lived atleast 200 years. (I remember them saying something like that on an Avatar Extra's episode.) And since Aang can Energybend, I'm sure Air nomads will be back, he just has to find the right people to Energybend to.

I doubt he will still be alive. They will probably have a kid as the main.

Taichi

I doubt he will still be alive. They will probably have a kid as the main.

I didn't say he was going to be the main character, I just said he's still going to be alive. In case you don't know, people live a long time in the Avatar world. Pathik was around before the airbender genocide and was friends with Monk Gyatso, currently he's 150. Avatar Kyoshi is the longest living Avatar living til 230. King Bumi is the same age as Aang, 112 and still looks quite healthy to live a while longer. It's a safe bet to say that Aang will make it past 200 since he's already 112.

Manchee

extra toasty
He sort of has to be dead if there's going to be a new avatar...

I don't remember reading anywhere that there was a new Avatar >< I could be wrong though. I hope this Korra person isn't an Avatar. I think it would be interesting if Korra ended up being a location in the Avatar World actually, and this "legend" turned out to be something big that happened there.

RaNdOmPeRsOn1

Top of the class
awesomeness

Maybe they'll have to defeat some new enemy like robots or something XD