• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HoennMaster

Ugh no. That's how I feel. People, including me want to see the answers to certain questions and some are pointless to answer 100 years later.

Manchee

extra toasty
^Wouldn't they only be pointless to a new plotline? You say you want them answered, so at least having the questions answered would have a point to it. Even if the new people met an old Zuko, and he was like "Yeah, my father wanted to take over, but then we defeated him and he told me my mother was in (insert place here)."

Pointless to the plot, but it would at least quell the people who want to know where she is.

HoennMaster

I realize it's a new storyline but I still want these characters to appear int he here and now to answer questions. Sadly it won't happen. They won't just say something like that though. Ursa's disappearance was built up with suspense. If they didn't answer it here they won't answer it in a new series.

Zorg

Spongetastic
Yay.... hopefully Korra isn't another Avatar, but if she is, i wouldn't mind her being a really old one from like... 200 years before Aang, and preferably being a Earth Bender...

Also, i hope they don't just redo everything they did in the existing series too....

Manchee

extra toasty
Yay.... hopefully Korra isn't another Avatar, but if she is, i wouldn't mind her being a really old one from like... 200 years before Aang, and preferably being a Earth Bender...

Also, i hope they don't just redo everything they did in the existing series too....

Well if this is only one hundred years after TLA, I don't think there would be enough time for a Water Bending Avatar to be around, unless their life was very short.

BA~

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
I'm glad they're making a new series. I was satisfied with the ending but it didn't seem... what's a good word... finalized? It seemed like the story wanted to continue. I did notice something that (I think) no one else mentioned in this thread.

Like everyone said, if Korra is the next Avatar, he/she will be born into the water tribe. As the series says, an Avatar must learn each bending style in the order of the cycle starting with their born nation. So Avatar Aang learned it in this order:

Air -> Water -> Earth -> Fire

Fire was the element that was focused on the most over the course of the series(considering all (unless there was one I missed that wasn't) the bad guys were fire). If Korra were to be the next Avatar, his/her order would be:

Water -> Earth -> Fire -> Air

Anyone notice something?

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Well seeing as this is taking place 100 years in the future, she's either the next Avatar or someone that has something to do with Aang. I chose/hope to believe the original characters are not in the series.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm happy to hear that this will be headed by the two guys that worked on the original. I can't wait to see some of the character designs when they're completed.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
If it's 100 years later won't Sozin's comet be coming again?

These are the kind of points that we need to be making. Sozin's Comet returning would certainly be uncreative, but still big enough to base at least a few episodes off of without them getting boring.

Fire was the element that was focused on the most over the course of the series(considering all (unless there was one I missed that wasn't) the bad guys were fire).

You missed quite a few.

If Korra were to be the next Avatar, his/her order would be:

Anyone notice something?

What are you getting at?

Manchee

extra toasty
TM said:
SerenadeSP said:
If Korra were to be the next Avatar, his/her order would be:

Anyone notice something?
What are you getting at?

If Korra were the Avatar that came after Aang, she would have to learn Aribending last. And since Firebending was learned last for Aang, and the one focused on the much, I think Serenade SP is saying it's ironic Korra would learn Airbending last and focus on it a lot, considering Airbending was previously only known by one person.

BA~

Last edited:

Night_Walker

I'm delighted to hear that a new series of Avatar is on it's way to us.

It was one of the best cartoon series I've come across in years, really it's more like a serialised cartoon movie rather then a cartoon series, for all the work that went into building the whole world (the four nations, the architecture of the nations, the bending arts, the history and 'mythos' of the world) and the effort that went into the characters.

It'll be great to see how the Avatar-World has evolved since the end of the War;
Have the Air Nomads have been restored?
How the Fire Nation has changed under the influence of Zuko and (hopefully) his descendants?
How has the War, and the main players, been judged?
What conflicts may have sprung up in that scarred world?

But I do have some concerns.
The Last Airbender/The Legend of Aang was a fantastic series so I do worry that if The Legend of Korra doesn't match up to Aang's saga that it will tarnish the entire brand (a lot more then the film).
Also it mightn't have as much success without any of the characters.

Still we'll just have to wait and see.

MetaPheonixPal

I don't know if this has been mentioned but even if Aang isn't alive (though I have seen people mention how long they do live), Aang will probably still be there to help Korra in the same way that Roku helped Aang.

Anyways, I am really excited for this. I really do want to see how they handle the character learning the Air element and details about what happened after TLA.

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
If Korra were the Avatar that came after Aang, she would have to learn Aribending last. And since Firebending was learned last for Aang, and the one focused on the much, I think Serenade SP is saying it's ironic Korra would learn Airbending last and focus on it a lot, considering Airbending was previously only known by one person.

BA~

I think there isn't an order to learn, because before Aang learnd how to earthbending he tried learn firebending, it didn't run perfectly but he finish by control a little flame, if he remaine there may be he becomes a firebender before he becomes a earthbender (and waterbender too I think).

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr

BA~

Yep, that's it. Also that Aang will be to Korra as Roku was to Aang, just as MetaPhoenixPal said. And this is only if Korra is the next Avatar.

I think there isn't an order to learn, because before Aang learnd how to earthbending he tried learn firebending, it didn't run perfectly but he finish by control a little flame, if he remaine there may be he becomes a firebender before he becomes a earthbender (and waterbender too I think).

There is a specific order that they have to learn each bending style, it's stated in one of the episodes(can't remember which one >_<). The reason firebending didn't work out too well the first time is probably because he didn't follow the proper order of the cycle.

Has it been confirmed that Korra is the new avatar?

Vereist

Amateur Breeder
This has got me curious. I'm certain the shows creators will provide us a good story somehow. I know they have it in them.