• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can't believe this. I just found out about this yesterday while I was stalking someone on the Avatar Club thread. This is so exciting! I didn't think Avatar the Last Airbender would get a spin-off, the first series seemed so good and I thought a spin-off would be a bad thing. However, from the information I've read, it looks a bit more futuristic so I look forward to the changes. I'm disappointed that it appears all the older characters died though. They were the best cast in an animated program in my opinion. Well this mini-series looks to be good, even though it'll be really short.

Pansy :]

anustart
The hard part for me is being in the avatar universe without the charecters i have grown to love, avatar isn't avatar without them, i'm excited for a new series and all... but couldn't aang just get hit by a stray arrow durring his avatar training or something??? then we could have all the same charecters... just a bit older :) i'm joking by the way!!!! seriously, when my friend called me at 3 a.m. to tell me, despite me being mad for her waking me up... i gave the BIGGEST fan girl scream EVER!!!!

Lorde

The hard part for me is being in the avatar universe without the charecters i have grown to love, avatar isn't avatar without them, i'm excited for a new series and all... but couldn't aang just get hit by a stray arrow durring his avatar training or something??? then we could have all the same charecters... just a bit older :) i'm joking by the way!!!! seriously, when my friend called me at 3 a.m. to tell me, despite me being mad for her waking me up... i gave the BIGGEST fan girl scream EVER!!!!

I'm also upset that the old characters will all apparently be dead. It wasn't really what I was expecting when I heard about this new Korra series. I thought maybe Korra was just a new character but she's apparently the new Avatar and I feel bad for Aang and all the older guys since we'll never know much about their lives unless they get flashbacks.

Varnani

Infernus Rex
what happened with Zuko's mom!
I SO AGREE!!
I was enraged when i saw the last episode and nothing else was mentioned »w«!!
Well the avatar cycle technically wouldnt be broken, because Aang has all his life to restore the airbenders and if I recall correctly the order is: fire-air-water-earth so there's plenty of time before they get another Air Nomad avatar.

Anyway, these are great news! i hope it's as good as the first!!

razz

Last edited:

Lorde

Zoko's mom? Maybe we'll learn a bit more about her in this series. I was kind of mad when the first series ended in such a cliffhanger but maybe all of our old questions wll be answered in the form of flashbacks and stuff. I also want to learn how many new Airbenders are around, besides Aang's son. Maybe he had more children?

Josiah

is your favorite
Zoko's mom? Maybe we'll learn a bit more about her in this series. I was kind of mad when the first series ended in such a cliffhanger but maybe all of our old questions wll be answered in the form of flashbacks and stuff. I also want to learn how many new Airbenders are around, besides Aang's son. Maybe he had more children?
I was thinking that maybe with Energybending it was possible for Aang to turn some non-benders into Airbenders. I mean if he can take away bending, why can't he give it?

As for older characters all being dead, I doubt it. It's taking place 75 years after the original series. That puts Zuko (the oldest kid) at age 91. King Bumi from the old series was 112 and still in fighting shape, and Guru Pathik knew Monk Gyatso.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Monk Gyatso was reported to be 150 when Aang met him, and Avatar Kyoshi was older still when she died, breaking 200 years. Unless some new epidemic is around and killed off the old cast, or the new antagonistic group of anti-bending members (that IS what the antagonist is, right?) is really ambitious to its cause and incapacitates them ALL off, there's a good chance the old crew will be around.

Lorde

Maybe the writers just eliminated all the old characters so that the new character, Korra, could be the star. I mean, if things are getting ugly in the world at the time of this new series, it seems to mean that Aang and the others are unable to stop the new antagonists. Otherwise, they might have ended things themselves.

Pansy :]

anustart
I was thinking that maybe with Energybending it was possible for Aang to turn some non-benders into Airbenders. I mean if he can take away bending, why can't he give it?

As for older characters all being dead, I doubt it. It's taking place 75 years after the original series. That puts Zuko (the oldest kid) at age 91. King Bumi from the old series was 112 and still in fighting shape, and Guru Pathik knew Monk Gyatso.

but but but but... zuko won't be hot if he's 91 :(... lol i'm a TOTAL fan girl... oh, i heard that the air bending teacher is aangs kid... so does anyone know who aang ended up married to, was it katara??? because if it was then i will be sad because i totally LOVE zutara!!!

Lorde

but but but but... zuko won't be hot if he's 91 :(... lol i'm a TOTAL fan girl... oh, i heard that the air bending teacher is aangs kid... so does anyone know who aang ended up married to, was it katara??? because if it was then i will be sad because i totally LOVE zutara!!!

Of course he had a kid with Katara. They were seen as a couple at the end of Book 3's finale so it's kind of obvious that Korra's Airbending teacher, is Aang and Katara's child. I hope they had many too, more Airbenders and all.