• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Welcome!
»This club is for all of you out there who are fans of Nickelodeon's television series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and/or The Legend of Korra. Any and all Avatar-related media is open for discussion here, including shows, comics, books, film(s), etc. We will also inform you of any Avatar news updates as soon as possible!

Rules Are Simple:
»Read the rules. - Great job so far! =D«
»All SPPf Rules apply here.«
»Please try to avoid one-lining. Be elaborate.«
»Any member who is inactive for over 1 month will be removed from the members list. You may rejoin, but only if you plan on posting.«
»Flaming, spamming, or anything of the sort will not be tolerated. I will not hesitate to report you and have you infracted.«
»I co-own this club along with thebluekid. If he or I give you a warning, take it seriously. If you are having a problem with another member or just have a question, feel free to send either of us a message.«
»Please have fun, everybody. The previous Avatar Club did not last very long, and I don't plan on letting this one share it's fate.«

Joining Is Simple:
»Before joining: We've gained a large amount of inactive members recently, and we're trying to cut back on that. Please only join if you intend on returning and posting.«
»There's no special form, no PMing me or thebluekid. Just post and ask, though you will have to wait for thebluekid or I to approve you. This is to make sure that you are added to the members list.«
»When joining, you can specify your favorite nation in the world of Avatar (Air Nation, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Metal Clan, Fire Nation, or Republic City) and you will be added to that nation's list!«

Resources:
The Avatar Wiki
You can watch Korra from Episode 1 Here (Adblock is highly recommended)
Korra Book 1 DVD/Blu-ray on Amazon
Korra Book 2 DVD/Blu-ray on Amazon
You can read The Promise comics online here.
You can read The Search comics online here.
You can read The Rift comics Parts 1 and 2 here.
Bryan Konietzko's blog.
Micheal Dante DiMartino's blog.
Official Korra blog.
Official Korra Facebook page.

Members:
Trainmaster718 - Co-Owner - The Avatar
thebluekid - Co-Owner - Energybender

Air Nation:
SerenadeSP
Rayce
Final Frontier
CyberBlaziken
the3rdH0kage
Pokemon,master
tdnorma
your_worst_nightmare

Water Tribe:
rotrum
Fake Psychic
kjt
kuroyanagi
Soperman
AuraMaster
dirkac
Hydri
Adaptable Porygon-Z
flawlessazn
Emiko-Gale

Earth Kingdom:
Grovyl
TotalPotato
JSteele
❤Lady Baltny❤
ninjanerd
Scaldaver
Chapter of Charizard
Shreyas
Clinkclang
Balborosaurus

Metal Clan:
No current members.

Fire Nation:
Assassin9399
Usatoday
Comboman77
DittoDude
1rkhachatryan
Charminions
Srivats123
MaidensGhost
SD.
Eeveelover824
draco star 98
thecutecelefable
Will5iam
fenniken
hawkeye721
Volcer

Republic City:
CyberBlastoise
Torpoleon
shinymankey

Unspecified:
Dread Advocate
coolminun
CyberBlastoise

Last edited:

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I would love to join this club!
I may not love Aang, but does love for Zuko, Iroh, and Toff (Toph?) count?

Choose a nation, huh? This is a hard one.... It comes down to fire/water... I guess Water Tribe. Water is so multi-purposeful.

...Should we make a topic? How about...

What Nation did you choose and why? ?

Or am I getting ahead of myself?

Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I would love to join this club!
I may not love Aang, but does love for Zuko, Iroh, and Toff (Toph?) count?

Choose a nation, huh? This is a hard one.... It comes down to fire/water... I guess Water Tribe. Water is so multi-purposeful.

...Should we make a topic? How about...

What Nation did you choose and why? ?

Or am I getting ahead of myself?

Welcome, welcome! Be honered, as you are the first of many members (I hope). I like your enthusiasm to start a topic, but maybe we should hold that one until we get a couple more members tuned in. If you've got another one, post away =]

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Hey! I would love to join, I'm a big fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender! I watched the entire series in order, from first episode to last. I watched it for plot, but I also like ships. Here's my main two: I proudly ship Katara with [as far as males go] only Jet, and ship Toph with everyone in the main team [hehe I love Toph! =D]. What I like to do, is imagine a Light Tribe and lightbenders, which I have an OC in. But, since that is not a real tribe, I would like to join the Fire Tribe because Zuko's there being able to move fire around is awesome.

~riolulu

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Riolulu - Haven't I seen you somewhere before here? Another club maybe? Anyway... How do Lightbenders work? Bending light? It makes sense, as it's not really a sub-element (Ice<Water, Lightning<Fire).

Also, have either of you seen the live action trailer/movie posters? Trailer is old, we're supposed to get a new one either this month or Feb. I believe, and the posters are brand new.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
@thebluekid: Yeah, I recognize you too XD hmmm...

Lightbending would be taking some light from around you, and containing it in an invisible box, so that the light waves would bounce around in that box, appearing to be a cube of light. Then, after that is mastered, the individual would learn how to control the shape of the box containing light, eventually being able to put force behind the box and throw light at something. :3 The source is continuous as long as there is light from a sun or a light bulb.

That's what I made up anyway...probably messes up the laws of physics. XD

I saw the preview for the movie [assuming you mean the live-action movie] in a theater, but that's it. When does it come out? :3 I can't wait to see it!

~riolulu

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
riolulu, welcome to the club! I really love to hear other people's original ideas about the Avatar universe, so never be afraid to post your daydreams. I'll probably do it more than anybody haha.

And I just want you all to know how good of a feeling it is to watch people come and join my club. It was a stress hurricane to get this thing [back] up, but I'm not planning on letting this one die.

Also, have either of you seen the live action trailer/movie posters? Trailer is old, we're supposed to get a new one either this month or Feb. I believe, and the posters are brand new.

I have kept the entire movie on close watch, and I have mixed feelings about it. The cast disappoints me to no end, but M. Night Shyamalan seems to really payed attention to detail as far as scenery and locations are concerned. For example:

http://i46.*******.com/1z1763b.png

This blows my mind. I can't believe how great they captured the Fire Navy ship.

Last edited:

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Trainmaster718 - I love to see this club starting and actually having conversations! I'm surprised that it's staying up so well already (no offense). I have mixed feelings on it as well. At first, when the first pictures came out, I was sooooo mad at them. Zuko didn't even have a scar in the one I saw! But then I saw the teaser, was slightly impressed, and just today I saw two official posters. He had his scar, and everything looked just like it should have. That picture you posted did nothing more than boost my hopes that it could be fantastic (Why do I get the feeling the part of the iceburd we see to the right is the one that Aang is in?). Better than the last adaption of an anime I saw. *cries over Dragonball Evolution*

riolulu - (Were you in the GLA club?)For some reason it sounds like they would be a hard-to-find tribe, as if they were very well hidden somewhere far away. Say they were fighting an enemy in a closed area (A building perhaps), would they be able to suck away all the light in it, making hard to fight so they could escape? It's set to come out in "Summer 2010", so I'm assuming (hopefully) July (As July was the rumor before). EDIT: The site says July 10. EDIT EDIT: As unreliable as Wikipedia can be, it says that Paramount bought a Super Bowl slot for a preview of the movie. A reason to watch it for me. (I dislike sports. A lot.)

Once again, side-note: Can Water Benders make their water hot? They can freeze it, but can they boil it?

Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I have mixed feelings on it as well. At first, when the first pictures came out, I was sooooo mad at them. Zuko didn't even have a scar in the one I saw! But then I saw the teaser, was slightly impressed, and just today I saw two official posters. He had his scar, and everything looked just like it should have. That picture you posted did nothing more than boost my hopes that it could be fantastic (Why do I get the feeling the part of the iceburd we see to the right is the one that Aang is in?). Better than the last adaption of an anime I saw. *cries over Dragonball Evolution*

I agree, the posters look very impressive. I'm still quite picky on a couple of things (Zuko had a ponytail in Book 1, and it was quite distinctive, and I still don't see enough emphasis on his scar) I bet they're going to play it out like Zuko is completely evil to the bone and he'll never be a good guy *cries at what they did to Piccolo in Dragonball Evolution*

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Trainmaster718 - Ah, but there are to be three movies, one for each book (you probably already know.) And in the first book, they made it out like Zuko was to never be good... Maybe M. Night Hows-You-Pronounce-It will stick to the show closer than I hope? *cries over EVERYTHING including Goku in DBE*

Aoki

Want to battle??
I have a question that I have been dying to know...Will they make a new season

I have never seen any of the movies are they only in japan or in the us a well

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Aoki - No, no more seasons are to be made. And there is only one movie, the live action one, that is coming out in July this year.

Aoki

Want to battle??
They could make a million seasons based on the plot they left us. This sucks and what will the movie be about

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
@Trainmaster718 - I agree, the cast for the movie is dissapointing. :\ but oh well...that picture is really impressive! Jeez, they did a great job on that! It looks a lot like the anime. :3

@thebluekid - hmm, that's a good idea. And you're right, there would be a weakness if they were indoors, but every element has a weakness like that. Maybe they can get light from stars at night?

EDIT: @Aoki: just a live action verison of the show, and condensed into movie form.

and oh really? three movies, one for each book? shiz that's awesome!!!

WOOOOOOT JULY TENTH <3333

~riolulu

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Aoki - Like riolulu said, it will be each book condensed into a live-action movie. And truthfully, I'm happy with where it ended. If it went on much longer, it haad the possibility of becoming stale and boring.

Riolulu - Hmm.... I'm guessing light would be stronger with sunlight than from the moonlight? Or would moonlight give them more mystical properties to their abilities?

And yes! Three movies! :D

Just started watching Book 2 again (the only season I have TT_TT). I love it so much. Toph (Toff?) is amazing!

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Okay, guys and gals, here's a topic for ya:

If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?

Personally, I would not enjoy an intire new season. I think they should make 4 or 5 new episodes from Book 3: Fire. It would touch my heart to see Fire Lord Zuko find his mother, and possibly see Aang use his full-blown Avatar power some more.

There have been rumors tossed around about the creators working on a whole entire new series based in the same universe. I could definetly see this working out. Here's my theory: The series could be based on a new airbender (Aang's son?) who struggles to rebirth the Air Nomads. He'll have to travil all across the world to find those spiritually willing to leave their homes and start a new life. And maybe there are those who oppose his idea, and try to stop him...

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Riolulu - Hmm.... I'm guessing light would be stronger with sunlight than from the moonlight? Or would moonlight give them more mystical properties to their abilities?

And yes! Three movies! :D

Just started watching Book 2 again (the only season I have TT_TT). I love it so much. Toph (Toff?) is amazing!

Yeah, Toph.

And well, there's more sunlight, so the stars and moon would probably be hard to take light from and bend it. So...yeah, probably a weak spot for them.

Topic time!

If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?

I think that they should make a new storyline. Aang should teach lots of people to bend and recreate an air nation! Something will go wrong somewhere or something and they'll fight that person buttttt...it'll be interesting. :3 that's what I think. =D

~riolulu

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!

Hm... I don't really know. If they were to expand on the current set of characters, what could happen? Aang has full control of the Avatar state... Maybe one more episode, as sort of an epilogue to what has happened. Like you said, Zuko and his mother and such.

But if they were to make a whole new series in the universe, new characters and all, would like it more if it had nothing to do with the current characters. Maybe a cameo appearance by Aang's son/grandson, showing how the children of the gang wound up... but preferably a whole new series. Maybe even 100's of years (maybe not THAT long) in the future, showing how the air nation has become born again.

And one thing I always wondered (actually 2). People can learn bending naturally, yes? Can't they then technically learn more than 1 element?

Also... If Aang had a son/daughter, assuming the mother is Katara, would he/she know air bending? Or water bending?

Status
Not open for further replies.