• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestar319

The Marauder

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
This is rather very interesting. Thank you shinyponita for mentioning us!

Now, does anyone have any theories about what the new show could be about?

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
This is rather very interesting. Thank you shinyponita for mentioning us!

Now, does anyone have any theories about what the new show could be about?

I had got some theories but then I read it will past 100 years after so can' t say what will happen.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I heard they changed the pronunciation of the characters to make them sound more "Asian." :confused:

You know what? I heard that somewhere too! That's very interesting...

They also cut out things that everyone loved. Albeit that they weren't very important. Things such as King Bumi (Or anything relating to Omashu.)

True, but we must look on the long term effects. What happens when the gang meets the Order of the White Lotus in the final movie (considdering it gets made)?
"Hello, 'Ong'! I'm your friend King Bumi from 100 years ago!"
"Oh, hey."

Since the only person here who has seen the movie and posted is being an unfair downer, I wanted to say I loved the movie. In defense of all those "problems" you mentioned, the movie tried to tell the same story in 118 minutes. The show had over three times that much time. Thinking they would cram it all in is unreasonable, and if it was a live-action, time-lapsed version of the show, nobody would have liked it. As a result, they cut some things and I liked the movie. In my theater, people even clapped... and it wasn't the midnight showing either, that was Saturday several days later. I haven't seen it in 3D, that may have been a badly done post-production stunt, but in 2D it was visually spectacular.

After so much waiting and anticipation, why wouldn't you at least see it? A lot of the things in that list are minor differences or absences. The first five "problems" have to do with pronunciation. If you can call authentic pronunciation a problem, it's just one. A scene with Azula accepting the task of hunting down Aang isn't a problem, it's just a scene in the movie. Roku ~ the dragon in the spirit world, who he visits three times. You knew the movie would be more serious and in order to be movie length would have a lot of minor content cut. I think the movie was great, and showed an amazing story to a lot of people who would have otherwise never heard it.

Critics are always so pessimistic.

I'm not going to lie, my post was only full of negatives about the film, and I probably should have pointed that out in the first place. Guys, don't get me wrong, this movie was not a total failure. Not by any means. I do feel very sorry for all of those who put so much work in it, because their work does not go unseen. The special effects involving the bending was unbelievable! Notably, the firebending, as they truely captured the effect of a flame, which made a big difference. My overall thought on the movie: Not the worst movie you'll ever watch, but still quite disappointing to the fans of the original series.

And with that, I'm done with the movie!

EmpoleonRules, I welcome you to our club! If you have any friends who are signed up to SPPf, and are fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender, please, do invite them! More new members would be great in this time of speculation! (That goes for all of you veteran members, as well!) =D

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=456533

The link will take you to the thread in the Entertainment section where it talks about a new season of Avatar.

Wonderful find, shinyponita! And thanks for the link, firstar319! This is sure to get stir our members up!

Okay, so we now have confirmation of a new series based in same universe as Avatar: The Last Airbender, which will involve the original series' creators! We also know that Viacom has filed papers to trademark the title Avatar: Legend of Korra. The final thing we know is that the creators want to make an announcement on this new project before this year's San Diego Comic-Con, which takes place on July 22. That means that we could be getting news anytime here! There also rumors that the show will take place 100 years after the main series, but we have no confirmation of that yet.

The Confirmation Article on youbentmywookie.
Racebending's Article on meeting the show's creators. Scroll down below the third picture to read what the creators had to say about the new project.

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
True, but we must look on the long term effects. What happens when the gang meets the Order of the White Lotus in the final movie (considdering it gets made)?
"Hello, 'Ong'! I'm your friend King Bumi from 100 years ago!"
"Oh, hey."

And we can't forget is King Bumi how say to Aang what type of earthbender master to look for.

7 tyranitars

wow a new avatar season :D I can die happy now, I mean I'm really looking forward to it :)

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
wow a new avatar season :D I can die happy now, I mean I'm really looking forward to it :)

I would really hate to see us all get our hopes up (again), and then be severely disappointed when this project is finished and released (again).

So, What can we assume about Avatar: The Legend of Korra?
It would appear that in the world of Avatar, spirit-related beings live for an incredibly long time. Therefore, it is quite possible that Aang will still be alive during this series, even if it is set 100 years into the future.
We can also speculate that, in the case that Aang is no longer alive in this series, Korra is the new Avatar. That may seem like a stretch, but the title is Avatar: The Legend of Korra, afterall.
One more idea that crossed my mind is that, if the "100 years later" rumor turns out to be false, Korra could be a character living during the same time that the main series, and shows his life during the war.
It has also been pointed out that Korra's name is very similar to those from the Water Tribe, so we may assume that his nationality is Water Tribe.

They could go in a million directions with this new project, weather the "100 years later" rumor shows true or not. And I like the idea of that.

firestar319

The Marauder
It has also been pointed out that Korra's name is very similar to those from the Water Tribe, so we may assume that his nationality is Water Tribe.

You mentioning that made me think of something. If Korra's nationality is the Water Tribe, then Korra could possibly be he next Avatar. If the 100 years later rumor is true, then it would make perfect sense since the Avatar is reincarnated into the next cycle. Here's the current cycle of Avatars:

Yangchen (air), Kuruk (water), Kyoshi (earth), Roku (fire), Aang (air)

The next avatar in the cycle would be one from the Water Tribe, so it might be Korra.

Obsidian Helix

Silently waiting
Although the first and only info I've gotten about Avatar TLK is from this single page of this thread, it seems to me that if it is set 100 years into the future, then Korra would definitely be the next Avatar. But tbh I don't see why they'd skip ahead so far, since they ended TLA with Zuko about to start searching for his mother. If they're just going to drop that entirely then I'll be a bit disappointed.

Paddypower

Hooray for Avatar and Korra and Aang and Appa and all sorts of other things.

Well I never was good at introductions.

So yeah. I like Avatar, I like the Earth Kingdom but I think Firebending would be a bit cooler. It's like an art form, so Fire would have to be my favourite yolk. I see little to no point in Airbending, I just don't think it's very interesting or versatile. So yeah. Bye.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Hooray for Avatar and Korra and Aang and Appa and all sorts of other things.

Well I never was good at introductions.

So yeah. I like Avatar, I like the Earth Kingdom but I think Firebending would be a bit cooler. It's like an art form, so Fire would have to be my favourite yolk. I see little to no point in Airbending, I just don't think it's very interesting or versatile. So yeah. Bye.

Well thanks for that random little bit of opinions. If you have actually seen the show, which judging by your feelings towards airbending, you must have not, you would know that airbending is actually a powerful form of bending, and a beautiful element itself. Not to mention the fact that, in contrast to the way that only some Water Tribe people can Waterbend, and only a few Earth Kingdom people can Earthbend, and only some Fire Nation people can Firebend, all Air Nomads are born with the ability to Airbend.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Now now, before we get into a nation fight, everyone has their own opinions (after all, isn't that how the war in the show got started?)

For those that doubt and benders ability, might I direct you to this Avatar Chibi short: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAnOElA_QI

I really got to stop it with all these youtube links... Anyway, may that solve your issues on arguments as to which bending type is best. And no, Iroh's last words do not count.

Paddypower

Ah I've seen all of the episodes in the show, I just don't think airbending is as interesting as the others. So... yeah. Bye again.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Still no news I'm guessing? There's only a few more days left until Comic Con, so news is do out rather soon. Everyone as excited as I am?!

Does anyone have any other interesting theories?
We already have that he is the next Avatar, but what could be the plot? Members of the Fire Nation are still fueled with anger? The Dai Li are back?

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
Maybe now will be other nation attacking, like the earth kingdom. After 100 years of war the members of fire nation came back to normal and start living like nothing had happen, and earth kingdom don't like that and want revenge.

Could be something like that :p , and if you don't understand what I write well don't ask me to explain better I can't do that.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Welcome Slash! Sure is odd (yet very good!) seeing you in the Avatar: Last Airbender Club o_O
Would you like to tell us why you chose the Earth Kingdom? Perhaps you think your personality lines up with that? Or just because you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.