• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Helloooo again Avatlonias (Wait, what?)

I hope I am not lying with this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH-4G_gTkHA
The Halloween costumes. Including: *DRUMROLL*
A character I didn't think of! Yeah, from the looks, does anyone else see The Blue Spirit in the costumes? The double swords (0:25)? The mask on one of the models(0:49)? (It even says "Blue Spirit: Child").

Which Avatar: The Last Airbender character do you believe you are most like, and why?

Appa at times. Lazy-ish, but can protect my friends. Loyal to those I like.
Or Iroh. I try to be jolly. Losses can effect me heavily, and I can stand up when I want to. I also know when to give up a fight.

Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Helloooo again Avatlonias (Wait, what?)

I hope I am not lying with this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH-4G_gTkHA
The Halloween costumes. Including: *DRUMROLL*
A character I didn't think of! Yeah, from the looks, does anyone else see The Blue Spirit in the costumes? The double swords (0:25)? The mask on one of the models(0:49)? (It even says "Blue Spirit: Child").

Which Avatar: The Last Airbender character do you believe you are most like, and why?

Appa at times. Lazy-ish, but can protect my friends. Loyal to those I like.
Or Iroh. I try to be jolly. Losses can effect me heavily, and I can stand up when I want to. I also know when to give up a fight.

Wonderful answer, I must say! I don't think I'll answer this one, because it would be too hard for me to choose just one, as I share many qualities with many of the characters.

~Club News~
  • I'm going to start posting all of the Club-Related news in this fasion - to make it easier for you guys. It's a little extra typing for me, but it's worth it for my Avataranians. =]
  • The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club has reached two pages! Thank you to all of our members for making this possible, and let's hope to reach many more!
  • I have decided to go through with the whole Co-Owner plan. It would be alot of help to me and I have a couple of other plans to go along with this one. Please do not ask to be a Co-Owner, if I think your qualified, I'll let'cha know. Mkay? Mkay.
  • Also, I mentioned before that I would try to get the club up on the club list and I just posted (in the correct form this time) and hopefully we'll be added soon. This is to let others know our existance, and make them say, "Ooh Avatar! I love that show! I think I'll go join!"

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Trainmaster718 - Why thank you! And aw. And very true, I had trouble narrowing it down to two (Not really. Was gonna put Zuko, but I'm not nearly as stubborn or angry.)

I like the new style for the news. Eye catching, easy to read... Good job! And the more members, the better.

Now for a side note! Know how earlier I was saying how no one in school knows of the movie's existence? Well, I was in science. AS if to prove me wrong, a jock went on about how great it looks. No new info from him (at all), but interesting to see a jock of all stereotypes to be so interested in it!

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Where are you getting this Trainmaster?
Lol, anyway, just to say, I haven't heard any comments about it at my school, but that doesn't mean anything. But regardless, with the right advertisment, this could be a huge movie.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Thank you very much Trainmaster718! I will do my best to help this club.

And to help that bit, I present another link... This time, however... The Theatrical Trailer!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XCEbXZwjzs

Yes, behold it in all it's glory. We see:
Iroh(1:07) (Not fat, but supposedly still jolly and obsessed with tea.)
That moon lady (I feel horrible for forgetting her name >.> ) (1:21)
A break-out(?) scene (The scene with Blue Spirit possibly?)
Air Temple (?)(destroyed)(0:45)
Omashu?(0:35)
Aang's glider(1:16)
Was that Fire Lord Ozai? (1:17)
And was that Sokka talking about the revolution?

And we hear the same bit from earlier, but at the end, we get to hear the old lady who gives Katara the relationship advice. (The water healer, who teaches Katara to heal?)
You also get to hear Katara talk for the first time(?).

EDIT: Just saw the trailer being advertised on Nick. Seems like they're really confident about it too (it had a mini-clip saying that Avatar was one of Nick's biggest shows and how it's going to be a live action movie).

Last edited:

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
Might as well rejoin and waste my time here ^.^

Air nomand.

If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?

To be fair, I have no idea. It would be nice to continue with empty spots in the current story. Like Zuko's mom, and the airbending problem. But I have no idea rlly :'(

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Holy crap, that was the best one I've seen yet, bluekid.

I didn't see Iroh, but I liked the part where Aang slid very past, just avoisind getting his head chopped off. :D

Awesomeness.

I hope we get to see some more Earthbending, because the only thing I've seen of it is the wall being raised. :(

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Might as well rejoin and waste my time here ^.^

Air nomand.

Welcome to the club! And thank you for breaking that whole Water and Fire pattern. Jeez! Some of us have to be of a peacful race, here heheh =]

And to help that bit, I present another link... This time, however... The Theatrical Trailer!!!

Oh wow. That one gave me chill bumps all over. This is looking really good, people. Here is what I noticed:

• Belltoll at the beginning could mean the comming of the Fire Navy to the Southern Water Tribe.
  • Film location for the South Pole looks spot-on
  • I love the sound effects that go along with Aang's iceburg opening
  • Aang's tattoos are not solid, they are instead a long pattern of various symbols around his body
  • Air Nomadic temples turned out pretty good
  • Skulls? Pretty graphic for a Nick movie.
  • 0:41 Katara's outifit seems to match her show's outfit. Maybe not perfectly, but closer than that animal pelt.
  • No clue who that person is in the metallic mask who un-hoods our Avatar.
  • Aang's forhead tattoo has the Air Nomad symbol in the center.
  • Everytime we see the Fire Nation soldiers, they seem to be just jumping around and pretending to fight - similar to the Power Ranger's enemies.
  • Zuko's sword already?
  • (1:15) HAang Glider!
  • (1:22) Yue gives her life to the Moon Spirit
  • The first word we've heard Aang speak: NO!!!
  • (1:26) When Aang dodges that attack, you can clearly see the emblems on the wall to the right. That fight is at the Northern Water Tribe.
  • (1:36) Is this when Aang freezes Zuko's ship? It sure is alot darker than it was in the show...but then again, this is M. Night Shammy-Lion...

And we hear the same bit from earlier, but at the end, we get to hear the old lady who gives Katara the relationship advice. (The water healer, who teaches Katara to heal?)

The old women we hear talking to Katara is most likely her Grandmother, or quite possibly Aunt Wu (The fortuneteller). I'm still sticking with Gram Gram, though =]

Last edited:

dubiOUS

The old women we hear talking to Katara is most likely her Grandmother, or quite possibly Aunt Wu (The fortuneteller). I'm still sticking with Gram Gram, though =]

I agree, that sounds more like Gran-Gran to me.

That trailer was awesome. It just makes me want to see the movie even more. M. Night Shyamalan is a genius.

Still, no Momo though...

No, Momo has been confirmed. See here.

Dee Bradley Baker is voicing them, just as he did in the show. I love how dubiOUS said that it bridges the gap between the show and the movie.

I'm pretty sure dubiOUS means we haven't gotten to see what Momo looks like yet, which is true. I hope another theatrical trailer closer to the release of the movie would give us a view of the blue spirit and/or Momo.

And now I'm off to rewatch book 1 for the third or fourth time ^^ I'm so excited for this movie : D

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
~Club News~​
  • The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club has been added to The Club List finnally! Looks like I got the format right this time. This is good news, because with Avatar starting with the letter A, we were put right up a the top of the list, and therefor more people will notice us. Also, the old Avatar Club was removed.

New topic time! Where in the Avatar Universe would you like to visit?

Last edited:

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope

Time for a rant.
My mom told me about an article on Yahoo about the Last Airbender, but I didn't have time to look at it until the day after, and I was too busy to post it here until today. Then I see this post. Well atleast BlueKid only posted the vid...[/rant.]
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-last-airbender-other-avatar.html
It's really interesting.
Where in the Avatar Universe would you like to visit?
Ember Island, it's the best vacation spot anywhere. But where I would want to live, however is a different story...

Last edited:

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Yellow Aura - That reminds me of the interview that was in the Book 2 Season Set Bonuses.

Hm. I'd say Bah Sing Sei (spelling?), but the corruption there could be hard to overcome. If it were the past, I'd visit the Air Temple. Peaceful, gentle, easy-going, and flying bison everywhere. If present time in the show (or rather early on in the show) Omashu. It looked so rough, yet smooth, and perfect. Not to mention King Boomi.
And living-wise... Hm. Nowhere is really safe from the Fire Nation... I guess where I'm "from", either one of the poles.

pokemaster001

Momo, definitely Momo. It's not really necessary to have me around, but I'm just fun to watch...I guess
he's also my favorite character (yeah, I know I said Zuko was, but...they're sort of tied...despite how different they are)

hmm...probably the north pole, just to see a great city-thing made out of ice with all those waterbenders
although those secret fire nation tunnels would be pretty awesome too!!
Still, no Momo though...
well, think about this...it's like
"you are the last of your kind and you must save the world from evil"
*dramatic beat and action scene*
"you are the avatar!!"
*momo jumps onto somebody's head*
"AAH!! GET THIS THING OFF ME!!"
*dramatic beat*
not very epic huh?

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
ffffffffffff I went to a couple of movies today, one of them happened to be The Lightning Thief. I saw the trailer.... ajfbdkjgfbkjsbfkjszafdjbakjtrjfbmzfajfasbfjBTobnfkazbtoanfkjbasfkjnasfnbasjnfkjbrf. You haven't seen the trailer until it's on the big screen.

I finished Book 2 last night. I am on episode 8 of Book 3. I am dissapointed that Hawky never returns D8

Manchee

extra toasty
I'd like to join this club if you don't mind ;3 I would've joined this earlier, though I wasn't on any kind of Avatar-hype until recently. The Earth Kingdom is my favorite by far, party because I'd love to be able to move the earth and party because Toph is my favorite P:

So this post isn't a one-liner:
If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?

All new character. I'm not sure what they could really continue, and I think if we began the story after Aang died there could easily be some sort of problem. Though I would miss Toph and Zuko... and Momo too :/

BA~

Manchee

extra toasty
Yeah, I'd like the Earth Kingdom, haha.

And I saw The Lightning Thief today, and when I got to see the preview to TLA I was like "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" :p I'm so excited for it, though I think I'm more excited for the second one since that's when Toph will be introduced... I really can't wait to see who plays her ^^;;

Even though the Earth Kingdom is my favorite in terms of the element they can bend, I would like to visit one of the Air Temples or the Serpent's Pass.

BA~

Status
Not open for further replies.