• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
We are now but a day and a few hours away from the premiere of The Last Airbender!

Hello for the thousandth time, fellow Avatarians(?). I bring you another video. *water bends it to the forum*
thebluekid, I do not know where this club would be without your constant video updates! Thank you so much for them all!

Thoughts on how the invasion looks?
I think that they have got the Fire Nation Army nearly perfect! The ships are great, and now I'm excited to see the tanks and airships as well!

Any last second predictions on what will be kept in or what will be left out?
I do wonder if King Bumi will be included, as we have yet to see any of him. It is possible that they changed the timeline up so that King Bumi will appear in the second movie, which is based on Book 2: Earth. That way, people who didn't actually follow the show wouldn't wonder why an important Earthbender character appeared the first movie which is based on Book 1: Water. Still, it is very disappointing.

Also, I just learned that Princess Azula is actually going to make an appearance in the first movie! Some of you may remember that Azula actually did appear in Book 1: Water, in a flashback to the duel between Zuko and his father, smiling her evil smile as Zuko gained his scar. But is it possible that Azula will be more active in the movie? We will know soon enough. Here's a picture of the actress playing Azula in The Last Airbender (it isn't confirmed if she'll reprise her role in the other two movies or not yet), Summer Bishil:
azulai.jpg

A few new topics for you guys:
Thoughts on Azula?
What do you think of Haru being a little boy?
Will you be attending the midnight premiere of the movie?
Are you going to see the movie in 2D, 3D, or both seperately?

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
You're quite very welcome! I thought most of you would get rather annoyed at all the videos, but ah well.

Thoughts on Azula?
I just hope she can pull off the very-angry-yet-sincere voice. If she can do that, she will be perfect for the role.

What do you think of Haru being a little boy?
I'm not particularly fond of that... But I suppose the films will be spread out over a period of time, so maybe when he reappears later in the series he will be a bit older? (which raises the question why Haru is in the movie, but not Jet TT_TT )

Will you be attending the midnight premiere of the movie?
I wish. No, I'll probably see it this weekend or something.

Are you going to see the movie in 2D, 3D, or both seperately?
2D, then if the movie was good enough, maybe 3D.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Guess What I Made? New Club Banners!

http://i50.*******.com/mrpg1c.jpg http://i46.*******.com/5r1mt.jpg http://i49.*******.com/2yjshmb.jpg
http://i49.*******.com/ae1ob7.jpg http://i48.*******.com/1zbdseg.jpg

-I thought a banner with Aang and Zuko as friends would be a very nice contrast to the "Opposing Forces" Banner from the first set.
-You may remember the Zuko banner from the first set, but I remade it this time, without the words "Come Check Out" in the corner, because I felt that it made it seem too pushy.
-I had originally planned to make the Aang banner with the first Zuko banner, but I suppose I never got around to it. Nevertheless, there it is!
-I don't remember if any of you were in the first Avatar Club, but the banner featuring Avatar Roku bending each of the four elements is a remake of one I made for it. It is a personal favorite, and I will most likely change to it first.
-After watching all four parts of Sozin's Comet, I felt that we were missing a huge chunk of the cast by not including the Order of the White Lotus in a banner, so I made it first. Hooray O.W.L.!

As I said before, my banners may be special by any means, but I did actually put alot of time and work into them. And I would never ask for any of you to give credit to me, but it would be completely awesome if some of you would at least use them. I realize that some of you already are using some, and I do appreciate that! Putting these banners in your signatures would definetly help bring more members to this club, hopefully some true fans that haven't heard about the club yet, and that would be active if they joined! Any feedback you can give would be appriciated - no, loved. And though I've now finished this small set of banners, I am still open to any requests or suggestions for new ones! Enjoy! =D

The codes for all banners I've made for our club are now posted in the spoiler button on the first page in the first post.​

Last edited:

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I love the new banners! However, may I suggest one? If we're going for a "Zuko and Aang being friends" banner, maybe we should use one of Zuko being Fire Lord and Aang being his friend (end of the series).

Besides that thought, I think these banners are a perfect addition to the 1st batch!

And where is everyone else? Did they all poof?

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I love the new banners! However, may I suggest one? If we're going for a "Zuko and Aang being friends" banner, maybe we should use one of Zuko being Fire Lord and Aang being his friend (end of the series).

Besides that thought, I think these banners are a perfect addition to the 1st batch!

And where is everyone else? Did they all poof?

I will keep that idea in mind! Thanks! As for the rest of our "members", I'm pretty sure they all lost intrest. Sooner or later, somebody will stumble upon our club and close it down because you and I are the only active members. And all of the hard work we put into it will be wasted...sigh...

So I saw the midnight premiere last night. And I don't think more pieces of me have ever died at one time...

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
HI! I'm back! Sory but I had got another things to do.
This news banners are fantastic! thebuekid have reason about the image to show they are friends however I love the one you choose Trainmaster718.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
This news banners are fantastic! thebuekid have reason about the image to show they are friends however I love the one you choose Trainmaster718.

Why, thank you, shinyponita!

I have compiled a small list of things that were wrong in the movie. This is definetly not complete by any means, it's just what I could remember off the top of my head. If you have anything to add, just post it.

• Multiple characters had their names changed in pronounciation for no reason:
  • Aang became "Ong"
  • Sokka became So-kuh
  • Iroh became Eee-row
  • Agni Kai is pronounced Ag-nee-kee
  • For whatever reason, Sozin's comet is said to be arriving in 3 years, though the tv series only spans over 10 months
  • Aang, er, "Ong" is completely serious through the entire movie, hardly smiling a single time
  • "So-kuh" is also completely serious through the entire movie, never applying the comic relief he is well known for in the show
  • Even though Suki is listed in the casting, neither she or any of the other Kyoshi Warriors are seen or mentioned at all
  • Jet and his entire gang are completely absent
  • Avatar Roku is completely absent, and Aang does not learn anything that he did in the television series
  • Aang seems to have immidiate memory of what happened to him before he was imprisoned in the iceburg, instead of having to experience a bad storm to remember
  • Aang does, however, meet Fang, who tells him to protect the Moon Spirit
  • King Bumi is completely absent, as is Omashu
  • The little boy who I originally thought was Haru, is in fact just a little boy who lives with his father in a small Earth Kingdom village that was run over by the Fire Nation, and has a similar backstory to Haru
  • Katara does not steal the Waterbending Scroll, as the pirates are compeletely absent. She instead recieves it from "Haru's" father.
  • Many other events are not included whatsoever, such as Aang getting stuck inbetween the spirt and phisical worlds, and the gang crossing the great devide
  • Aang and the gang never stumble upon Aunt Wu's village or meet her.
  • They also never meet Bato, which means June and her shirshu are also absent.
  • Aang never meats Jeong Jeong or his group, so he never burns Katara, and she never learns that she has healing abilities.
  • Aang has to sneak off to the Northern Air Temple by himself. There, there is not mechanist, or his son, or any of the others who were with them. The only person is an elderly man who leads Aang to the hall of statues, where he is ambushed by Zhoa's soldiers. Instead of Aang being taken to a Fire Nation fortress, he seems to be held in the Temple. There, The Blue Spirt comes and makes rescues Aang, in a scene that actually follows the show fairly well.
  • Princess Yue's father Arnook is absent from the film, and is said to have died several years before the events of the movie, leaving her behind to control the Northern Water Tribe.
  • Princess Yue's fiancé, Hahn is completely removed from the storyline.
  • Aang never meets Koh in the spirit world.
  • Aang also never merges with the Ocean Spirit, as predicted.
  • Zuko never takes Aang away from the village, he simply hides out in a building in the tribe.
  • Zhao's death is much darker in the movie than in the show, and it is not caused by Aang, as it was in the show. Instead, a group of waterbenders from the tribe trap him in a water bubble, and suspend him over the ground for a few seconds until he drowns in the bubble. They then release their hold on the water, and his body falls and hits the ground below.
  • Many other things are changed completely, such as the benders having to go through multiple steps and moves before their element even begins having activity
  • Firebenders have been seriously limited, as we feared, in the way that they must be near a source of fire in order to bend it. The only exception is Iroh, after Zhoa kills the Moon Spirit, who releases a large burst of fire from his hands, which wards off Zhoa and his troops from the Oasis, and one of them can be heard shouting something along the lines of, "He can make fire from nothing!"
  • Azula is shown in the final scene of the movie, where she accepts Ozai's task of taking down Aang and Zuko

Last edited:

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
I haven't seen the movie because it yet came out in my country but if they take out all this things the movie should be completely horrible for how watch the show. Without the things the taken how they will go do the second and third movies, the most probably is they didn't do the movies of the others two books.

firestar319

The Marauder
Why, thank you, shinyponita!

I have compiled a small list of things that were wrong in the movie. This is definetly not complete by any means, it's just what I could remember off the top of my head. If you have anything to add, just post it.

• Aang became "Ong"
  • Sokka became So-kuh
  • Iroh became Eee-row
  • For whatever reason, Sozin's comet is said to be arriving in 3 years, though the tv series only spans over 10 months
  • Aang, er, "Ong" is completely serious through the entire movie, hardly smiling a single time
  • "So-kuh" is also completely serious through the entire movie, never applying the comic relief he is well known for in the show
  • Even though Suki is listed in the casting, neither she or any of the other Kyoshi Warriors are seen or mentioned at all
  • Avatar Roku is completely absent, and Aang does not learn anything that he did in the television series
  • Aang seems to have immidiate memory of what happened to him before he was imprisoned in the iceburg, instead of having to experience a bad storm to remember
  • The little boy who I originally thought was Haru, is in fact just a little boy who lives with his father in a small Earth Kingdom village that was run over by the Fire Nation, and has a similar backstory to Haru
  • Katara does not steal the Waterbending Scroll, as the pirates are compeletely absent. She instead recieves it from "Haru's" father.
  • Many other events are not included whatsoever, such as Aang getting stuck inbetween the spirt and phisical worlds, and the gang crossing the great devide
  • Aang never meats Jeong Jeong or his group, so he never burns Katara, and she never learns that she has healing abilities.
  • Aang has to sneak off to the Northern Air Temple by himself. There, there is not mechanist, or his son, or any of the others who were with them. The only person is an elderly man who leads Aang to the hall of statues, where he is ambushed by Zhoa's soldiers. Instead of Aang being taken to a Fire Nation fortress, he seems to be held in the Temple. There, The Blue Spirt comes and makes rescues Aang, in a scene that actually follows the show fairly well.
  • Princess Yue's father Arnook is absent from the film, and is said to have died several years before the events of the movie, leaving her behind to control the Northern Water Tribe.
  • Zuko never takes Aang away from the village, he simply hides out in a building in the tribe.
  • Zhao's death is much darker in the movie than in the show, and it is not caused by Aang, as it was in the show. Instead, a group of waterbenders from the tribe trap him in a water bubble, and suspend him over the ground for a few seconds until he drowns in the bubble. They then release their hold on the water, and his body falls and hits the ground below.
  • Many other things are changed completely, such as the benders having to go through multiple steps and moves before their element even begins having activity
  • Firebenders have been seriously limited, as we feared, in the way that they must be near a source of fire in order to bend it. The only exception is Iroh, after Zhoa kills the Moon Spirit, who releases a large burst of fire from his hands, which wards off Zhoa and his troops from the Oasis, and one of them can be heard shouting something along the lines of, "He can make fire from nothing!"
  • Azula is shown in the final scene of the movie, where she accepts Ozai's task of taking down Aang and Zuko

That many things were wrong with the movie? I haven't even seen it yet and the first half of your lost has made me lose faith and motivation to go see it.

dubiOUS

• Aang became "Ong"
  • Sokka became So-kuh
  • Iroh became Eee-row

I heard the movie was so bad, that I don't want to see it that much anymore... And I had such high hopes for the movie too... I've got the sads now :(.

I heard they changed the pronunciation of the characters to make them sound more "Asian." :confused: Kind of reminds me of this for some reason lol.

firestar319

The Marauder
I heard the movie was so bad, that I don't want to see it that much anymore... And I had such high hopes for the movie too... I've got the sads now :(.

I heard they changed the pronunciation of the characters to make them sound more "Asian." :confused: Kind of reminds me of this for some reason lol.

I don't normally do this with movies, but I decided to read the movie's various reviews. Each review I read just flat out said that the movie was really bad.

Since the only person here who has seen the movie and posted is being an unfair downer, I wanted to say I loved the movie. In defense of all those "problems" you mentioned, the movie tried to tell the same story in 118 minutes. The show had over three times that much time. Thinking they would cram it all in is unreasonable, and if it was a live-action, time-lapsed version of the show, nobody would have liked it. As a result, they cut some things and I liked the movie. In my theater, people even clapped... and it wasn't the midnight showing either, that was Saturday several days later. I haven't seen it in 3D, that may have been a badly done post-production stunt, but in 2D it was visually spectacular.

After so much waiting and anticipation, why wouldn't you at least see it? A lot of the things in that list are minor differences or absences. The first five "problems" have to do with pronunciation. If you can call authentic pronunciation a problem, it's just one. A scene with Azula accepting the task of hunting down Aang isn't a problem, it's just a scene in the movie. Roku ~ the dragon in the spirit world, who he visits three times. You knew the movie would be more serious and in order to be movie length would have a lot of minor content cut. I think the movie was great, and showed an amazing story to a lot of people who would have otherwise never heard it.

Critics are always so pessimistic.

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
Since the only person here who has seen the movie and posted is being an unfair downer, I wanted to say I loved the movie. In defense of all those "problems" you mentioned, the movie tried to tell the same story in 118 minutes. The show had over three times that much time. Thinking they would cram it all in is unreasonable, and if it was a live-action, time-lapsed version of the show, nobody would have liked it. As a result, they cut some things and I liked the movie. In my theater, people even clapped... and it wasn't the midnight showing either, that was Saturday several days later. I haven't seen it in 3D, that may have been a badly done post-production stunt, but in 2D it was visually spectacular.

After so much waiting and anticipation, why wouldn't you at least see it? A lot of the things in that list are minor differences or absences. The first five "problems" have to do with pronunciation. If you can call authentic pronunciation a problem, it's just one. A scene with Azula accepting the task of hunting down Aang isn't a problem, it's just a scene in the movie. Roku ~ the dragon in the spirit world, who he visits three times. You knew the movie would be more serious and in order to be movie length would have a lot of minor content cut. I think the movie was great, and showed an amazing story to a lot of people who would have otherwise never heard it.

Critics are always so pessimistic.

I understand they needed to take lots of parts because of time, but the worst part is taking the happyness of aang, because is that what makes the show special, even in worst situacions (except the last battle) during the battle happen something funny maked by aang or sokka.
And one more thing, in the movie appears some plans make by sokka?

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
The movie was bad compared to the show. Yes, the movie did try to compact an entire season of a show into a single movie. They still could have shown the Kyoshi warriors... And they changed almost all of the personalities from what the show had - "Ong" wasn't funny, "Sohka" wasn't sarcastic. They got Katara right, but there wasn't much personality to begin with there.

They also cut out things that everyone loved. Albeit that they weren't very important. Things such as King Bumi (Or anything relating to Omashu.)

I also din't like that sometimes if they were going to bend something they started doing some crazy moves that took a very long time to get through.

Although the action scenes looked nice at times. The end battle was relatively good. And the Blue Spirit scene was done VERY nicely.

Overall, I thought the movie wasn't THAT horrible. Bad, but not as bad as everyone was making it out to be. A good summer flick, and hopefully the sequel can help mend what got ruined in this one.

Just one thing I really had to laugh at - the fact that they kept Earth Benders in a place filled with earth. It took a very poor speech from "Ong" to make them realize this. That was the reason why in the show they were put on a metal boat, because most (all at that time) Earth Benders couldn't bend metal.

Last edited:

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
Hey there, can I join?
I've liked Avatar since it came out, I always thought it was really interesting. I wish they would make a 4th Season at least too, but I guess the Movie is fine too. I still haven't seen it, but I want to see it really bad just to see how it is compared to the Animated Series.

Oh and can I be in the Water Tribe?

Last edited:

shinyponita

Friendly Trainer
Just one thing I really had to laugh at - the fact that they kept Earth Benders in a place filled with earth. It took a very poor speech from "Ong" to make them realize this. That was the reason why in the show they were put on a metal boat, because most (all at that time) Earth Benders couldn't bend metal.

But the earhtbenders can bend the metal in the movie?

Hey there, can I join?
I've liked Avatar since it came out, I always thought it was really interesting. I wish they would make a 4th Season at least too, but I guess the Movie is fine too. I still haven't seen it, but I want to see it really bad just to see how it is compared to the Animated Series.

I heard to say they will do a new season.

Last edited:

firestar319

The Marauder
Oh really? I didn't know that. Well I'll be looking forward to that. I wonder how it will be... Hopefully Zuko finds his Mother or something.

Yeah there's a discussion on it in the Entertainment section of the forums. I'm really excited to hear of a new season of Avatar coming!

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I say that if you're a true fan of the series, you should see it just so that you can have your own opinion on it.

And no, Earthbenders can't bend metal in the movie...

As for a new season... Are you referencing the posts we had a few pages ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.