• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Welcome Will5iam! Wanna tell us a bit about yourself, maybe why you chose the Fire Nation, or comment on any of our past discussion topics?

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
For sure worth buying! The Promise had a bit of a slow start for me, but then again so did Book 1 of the main series. The Search so far has done a fantastic job, and was worth every cent.

Fun Fact: The creator of the internet series The Nostalgia Critic is currently powering through the Avatar series at a calm pace of 1 episode per night to prepare to do a review of The Last Airbender! After every episode he is uploading a vlog about it. Not only is it fun to listen to him ramble about the show (although he's doing it as himself, not The Nostalgia Critic), it's fun to watch the series along with him at a slow pace instead of marathoning it. He only just met King Bumi for the first time, so if you want to watch the series again, give it ago! If you're interested, google ThatGuyWithTheGlasses and head on over to the website.

Edit Number 2: The Official Legend of Korra soundtrack is available for pre-order! Check out Amazon for the details.

Third Edit: FIRST FOOTAGE OF BOOK 2: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/1...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
Discuss it up people!

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
It looks like Korra's trying to get in touch with her spiritual side the only way she knows how - by kicking butt and taking names! The spirits seem to be invading the physical world, which we haven't seen much of outside of Heibai in Book 1 of the original series. Other than that, I couldn't glean much info from the footage, but I hope this means that more information will trickle through soon!

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
TotalPotato, a lot of information should be getting revealed over the next few months I'm guessing. Now to see who exactly the voice actress of Azula is voice acting. A Spirit perhaps...

Also, side note, the track list for the Korra album has been revealed! I'm going to put it in a spoiler right here:
1. Prologue
2. Air Tight
3. In a Box
4. An Impossible Crime
5. Being Patient/ Beifong's Sacrifice
6. Asami and Mako Dine
7. On the Lam
8. Hittin' on All Sixes
9. Good Ol' Days [this track oughtta be depressing...]
10. Before
11. Fresh Air
12. Korra Confronts Tarlok
13. Squeaky Rags
14. Amon
15. Chi Blockers
16. A Peaceful Place
17. Left My Heart In Republic City
18. Firebending Training
19. Wheels
20. Republic City Under Attack
21. Harboiled... Afraid (Separate Ways)
22. War
23. Asami and Hiroshi/Korra Airbends
24. Greatest Change
25. The Legend of Korra End Credits
26. The Legend of Korra Main Title

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Yeah, I heard a lot about that in the past couple days. REALLY hoping that turns up true.

fenniken

fire master
can i join i want to be fire nation

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Sure ya can, welcome Fenniken! Feel free to join any past discussion. Also, why did you choose the fire nation? Just curious, and it tends to start some conversation here.

NEWS:
MTV Geek has revealed 2 new characters. I'll put the info, as well as speculation and subject in a spoiler tag below here, yeah?
EDIT: More characters have been announced on a different site
EDIT 2: Added a Book 2 animatic from the FREE iPad app!

Two new characters, Tonraq [Korra's father] and Unalaq [Korra's Uncle] character designs/personalities have been revealed! The article talks about how Korra's father was never in touch with the Spirit World and is always open to innovation, while her Uncle is very in touch with the spirit world and is "old fashioned" in his ways of ruling. Ther article also talks about how the two feud... perhaps this is hinting at a kind f war between the North and South poles?
Source: http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/07/01/the-legend-of-korra-enhanced-experience/

The next article goes into detail about Korra's twin cousins, Desna and Eska, who "communicate without saying a word" and are advanced water benders, capable of "shooting entire icebergs at opponents". It also goes into a little detail about a man named Varrick, a billionaire shipper, who is making a special deal with Asami and Future Industries.
Source: http://comicsalliance.com/the-legend-of-korra-enhanced-experience-app-reveals-new-charactesr-from-book-season-2/

See a special preview of Book 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJwi1V_ZgIw
Just an animatic, but it gives us a big look at where our characters are at this point. Especially Korra's ability to control the Avatar state at will!

Subject: Do you think that Korra's Uncle, being close to the Spirit World, has a direct connection to the Spirits from the trailer that attack Korra and Mako?

And hey, why not 2 subjects? I know for a fact we've done this one before, but we have many new members: What do you think are the strongest episodes of The Last Airbender/Korra? The Weakest?

Note: San Diego ComicCon is coming up very shortly, so we'll be bound to get buckets of news by then!

Last edited:

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Taken from one of the Avatar pages I like on Facebook: "This Friday at San Diego Comic-Con, it looks like we'll be getting a trailer and lots of new info for the Legend of Korra Book Two: Spirits! Mike, Bryan, and the principal voice actors will be there to answer questions and give us a preview of the upcoming season. Check out this news post for more info: bit.ly/15vhVzt"

fenniken

fire master
it awesome i love fire

fenniken

fire master
mako reminds me of zuko

fenniken

fire master
i cant wait

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Welcome to the club, fenniken, you have been added to the Members List under the Fire Nation section. Also, as a fair warning, please don't Triple Post, it's a bit annoying and the mods around these forums will jump all over you for it. If you have more to add to what you said, just edit your first post and add it on.

My apologies for the absence, I nearly lost my laptop and had to wait 2 weeks to have it repaired.

I am now the proud owner of Korra Book 1 on DVD as well as the Korra Book 1 Soundtrack. I highly recommend both. The Book 1 Soundtrack is beautifully mastered and I have chills constantly whilst listening (currently). If you own a Blu-Ray Player, however, I recommend you get the Korra Book 1 Blu-Ray over the DVD, as it has commentary for every episode and will be much prettier on your screen!

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I need to get my hands on Book 1 on Blu-Ray ASAP, as well as the soundtrack. Hopefully money will come my way soon. Also, good news Dread Advocate, they aren't just showing a trailer - They're streaming the whole first episode! Here's hoping that it'll be leaked!

Also, for those interested, the composer for all of Avatar: TLA and Korra did a Reddit IAMA recently (for those who don't know, it's basically an open interview with Reddit members where Reddit members can ask any question that they please). Here's the link for that: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ifkkh/im_jeremy_zuckerman_composer_for_the_legend_of/

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
The Legend of Korra Book 2: Spirits Will Release in September 2013

Book 2 Trailer:

[video=youtube_share;7ftLm52V1y0]http://youtu.be/7ftLm52V1y0[/video]

Book 2 Episode 1 Sneak Peak

News from The Legend of Korra Book 2: Spirits panel at ComicCon is currently flowing out. So far, this is the news we have:

• A trailer was shown, showing the following things:
  • Beautiful new music
  • Asami crying
  • Mako and Korra on a plane
  • Kaya and Tenzin falling down a waterfall
  • Korra and Jinora entering the Spirit World!!!
  • Shots of the First Avatar, Wan, within the spirit world in flashbacks
  • Korra speaking with Avatar Kyoshi
  • Wan Shi Tong (the owl spirit) returns, along with his Library!
  • Bolin kicking butt
  • Wan (first Avatar) struck with a beam of light and entering the Avatar State
  • Korra touching some kind of force field, triggering her Avatar State
  • Book 2: Spirits will release in September 2013!

First episode of Book 2:
  • Korra seems to have mastered Airbending at this point
  • Bumi has retired from the United Forces, and acts very much like the original King Bumi
  • A road trip to the Air Temples is mentioned (WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)
  • The Festival is named the Glacial Spirits Festival
  • Bolin initially thinks Desna and Eska are both girls and likes them, until Korra informs him that Desna is a boy
  • Bolin and Asami go to meet Verrick
  • Verrick and Asami have a staredown which prompts the agreement; Asami and Bolin hug
  • Unalaq makes speech about the growing rift between the northern and southern tribe
  • Bolin approaches the twins at the festival, twins are not impressed
  • Eska tells Bolin: "You amuse me. I will make you mine."
  • A Spirit attacks at night, after Korra had argued with Mako over something
  • Mako and Bolin try to help, are knocked out early
  • Tonraq attempts to freeze the spirit with Waterbending (WATERBENDING MALES YES) but he and Tenzin are knocked out too
  • Unlaq uses a technique similar to bending to calm the Spirit, it turns golden and drifts away (?!??!!!?????!?!?!??!?!)
  • Korra, angry at being locked up at the OWL compound her whole life demands to train under Unalaq
  • Korra cuts ties with Tenzin as teacher (NOOOOOO)
  • Kaya, Bumi, and Tenzin + family visit the air temples (Prepare for feels oh god)
  • Korra and Mako hold hands
  • Unalaq approaches stating he has great plans for Korra

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Book 2 looks great, music for the trailer was amazing and I hope they use it during the dramatic / action moments.
Bolin / Asami plot looks like it should be a lot of fun, hopefully they worked on the negative last season, they said they know about the Mako hate so LOL.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I am seriously getting pumped for Book 2. I just showed my friend the entire first series, which he was completely blown away by, and now we're watching the blu-rays of Korra (so worth getting guys, you have no idea. 1080p does Korra some perfect justice!). And Book 2 is coming within roughly 1 month, so it's not too much longer that we have to wait! Who's excited?!

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
i am!
i fell in love with the legend of aang and the legend of korra
best cartoons i've ever seen, almost

may i join the club?
Water Tribe is my favorite

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.