• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreyas

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I am SO excited that we have a release date now! It won't be too much longer until everything is here people! Why not have a crack at a new subject?

What do you want to happen through Book 2? What do you expect?
Go wild people, think big and jot it down and whatnot.

Also, Azurewing, it's wicked late but welcome to the club, I'm sure once TM is in he'll add you to the list.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Hei guys,

May i join this club, i have loved A:TLA ever since i started watching it and i also love LOK.

Water Tribe is where i'd like to be .. =)

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
What do you want to happen through Book 2? What do you expect?

I expect probably too much. In short, just the typical awesome that I've come to expect from Bryke.

pikkichu

The emo waterbender twins are the best characters ever made!! The girl is so funny xD awesoome premier, can't help but frame everyone as the new villain lol, poor tenzen D: korra is a butthead to her teacher and a butthead girlfriend aswell

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
I'd like to join this club, I dont know how I didn't see it on the club page before.

I'd also like to be Fire Nation

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Thanks Trainmaster718!!

Cant wait to see it!! .. unfortunately where i am, its not even airing =(

but never fear, there is always the internet!!

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
The emo waterbender twins are the best characters ever made!! The girl is so funny xD awesoome premier, can't help but frame everyone as the new villain lol, poor tenzen D: korra is a butthead to her teacher and a butthead girlfriend aswell

Yes, I'm not quite sure why they are writing Korra to be so...full of angst. It's as if she's forgotten all of the development that happened between she and Tenzin towards the end of Book 1.

I'd like to join this club, I dont know how I didn't see it on the club page before.

I'd also like to be Fire Nation

You didn't see it in the board because nobody is ever active -_-.

I'll add you to the list, welcome to the club!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Book 2, yay!

Uh, I can't wait for it, even though it won't air where I live until like a year later.

Oh well. *goes to youtube*

:p

But, yeah, I'm gonna go rewatch A:tlA again, ag

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
You didn't see it in the board because nobody is ever active -_-.

Well, activity will boom now the new series started I guess ^^.

Personally I'm branding Unalaq as the evil guy. Sure, his intentions are good, but I can't help but think that he'll do more harm then good. Still, I loved the new episodes!

Shreyas

Well, activity will boom now the new series started I guess ^^.

Personally I'm branding Unalaq as the evil guy. Sure, his intentions are good, but I can't help but think that he'll do more harm then good. Still, I loved the new episodes!

I sort of had that feeling when he told Korra to open the portal between the spirit and the real world. It really closed the deal when it seemed like he sent his troops into the Southern Water tribe. And, it also seems kind of fishy that Tonraq got banished which lead Unalaq to become the tribal cheif (Similar to how Iroh was replaced with Ozai? maybe?). For the most part, it really looks like Tonraq has better intentions than Unalaq, but these are just speculations. I guess we'll find out real soon ^_^

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
I sort of had that feeling when he told Korra to open the portal between the spirit and the real world. It really closed the deal when it seemed like he sent his troops into the Southern Water tribe. And, it also seems kind of fishy that Tonraq got banished which lead Unalaq to become the tribal cheif (Similar to how Iroh was replaced with Ozai? maybe?). For the most part, it really looks like Tonraq has better intentions than Unalaq, but these are just speculations. I guess we'll find out real soon ^_^

I think there is a huge difference between Iroh - Ozai and Tonraq - Unalaq. Iroh (probably) lost his position because of what Ozai did. On the other had, Tonraq lost his position because of his own doing. There was no trap or whatsoever. It's not like Unalaq forced Tonraq to destroy that forrest.

Ah, makes me think of a new discussion:

Do you think that banishing Tonraq was a fair decision?
Perhaps it's a bit weird to start a discussion about this, but I think that it was fair. He decided to head into that forrest with his troops on his own. In addition, he destroyed the forrest. No one forced this uppon him or whatsoever. He could also just have left the forrest or he could have besieged them.
Though he could not forsee what consequenses his call would have, it's not an excuse for what he did. He made the spirits go beserk and thus he deserved to be punished for that. That's what having responsibility is also about, it's about accepting the fact that you will get punished if you make the wrong call.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Got to see the new episodes this afternoon after they were put on Nick.com. Well. Not what I was expecting. I don't trust Unalaq at all. I get the same vibe from him that Hiroshi Sato and Tarrlok gave me.

Shreyas

I think there is a huge difference between Iroh - Ozai and Tonraq - Unalaq. Iroh (probably) lost his position because of what Ozai did. On the other had, Tonraq lost his position because of his own doing. There was no trap or whatsoever. It's not like Unalaq forced Tonraq to destroy that forrest.

I do see where you are going, but I was just thinking that it could have been a set up to some extent. But, it's too early for me to present any evidence to my thought, so I'll just wait it out and keep an eye out for anything about it~

Perhaps it's a bit weird to start a discussion about this, but I think that it was fair. He decided to head into that forrest with his troops on his own. In addition, he destroyed the forrest. No one forced this uppon him or whatsoever. He could also just have left the forrest or he could have besieged them.
Though he could not forsee what consequenses his call would have, it's not an excuse for what he did. He made the spirits go beserk and thus he deserved to be punished for that. That's what having responsibility is also about, it's about accepting the fact that you will get punished if you make the wrong call.

To be honest, wasn't there any other way he could have actually caught the barbarians? Instead of going and summoning tidal waves he could have just taken them individually, atleast, right? So, from what I understand, it was pretty fair for him to have been banished.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
@hawkeye, what's netflix?

This. Just, this.
i honestly think it was fair to banish him as it was pretty much all fair choice, unless another miracle set-up ends up being the case <_<

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Wow, amazing episodes, it really sets the scene for the next couple of episodes.

I dont really trust Unalaq as well ... For Korra to turn against her own father and also to stop being Tenzin's student sounds like Unalaq is indirectly influencing her to do it.

And what was with all those ships coming? .... It seems we'll just have to wait.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Woah woah woah! Welcome all new members! Shoulda remembered that discussions would be going on now that the new season has premiered. To anyone that TM hasn't added to the lists yet, welcome welcome welcome! Wanna tell us a little about yourself and why you chose whichever nation you did, or perhaps take part in past discussions? Always nice to hear fresh opinions on old subject from new people! And as for the premiere, myself and two friends were stunned by everything. The trailer for the season with all the fire just shows that this is going to get WAY bigger than just the North Pole vs. South Pole, and it'll be interesting to see where that all leads. The soundtrack was stunning, the animation was beautiful, and these two episodes were a GREAT way to kick off the season (although it seems we're still doing a much darker theme like the previous season which I LOVE).

It may have been harsh, and seeing how he's supposed to be a good guy in our eyes, it's really interesting to see this type of thing play out. I think it was fair. As for who's intentions are where, I really hope that we continue seeing the "grey area" motif we saw in the first season. With Amon vs. Korra we saw the anti-bender movement stemming from the oppression of the non-benders, which when you look at it, which side was right? Ultimately Korra, solely for the fact that Amon went about how he did things in the wrong way. I hope we see more of that type of deal in this season between Tonraq and his brother, where you could side with either one sorta kinda, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.