• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I need to join a club, keep my activity up.
So why not this one?
My favorite is Earth Kingdom.

Really, I liked the premiere, but not as much as I expected.
The only thing I really disliked was the nameless spirits, but I'm probably the only one who cares. Although that purple-ish one reminded me of Zoroark.

Beware! I have brought upon thee the Clinkclang Curse! Your club will die soon because I have posted in it!
*spooky noises*

Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Welcome, Clinkclang, you'll be added to the Earth Kingdom list. I'm not sure how you plan to "kill" our club but I'd rather you didn't.

If you missed The Legend of Korra Book 2 Premier, you can watch it here. I recommend using AdBlock on this site.

I swear this new season of Korra has callbacks to Avatar: The Last Airbender everywhere already. In the first two episodes, I've noticed the following:

• The first scene after the announcer's recap was the fishing boat attacked by a spirit. The first scene in every Book of A:TLA started on a boat.
  • Air scooter racing just like Aang's friends in the Air Temples
  • Tenzin's drawn face to signify Air Temple Island on his world map reminds me of Aang's little satchal with his face drawn on
  • Mako sarcastically remarking to Naga about Korra's moodiness is straight out of Sokka's book
  • Eska and Desna are quite Mai-like
  • Unalaqu taking Tonraq's place as chief in the Southern Water Tribe is very similar to Ozai taking Iroh's
  • Tonraq's mistake and banishment from his homeland mirror's Zuko's beginning a good bit.
  • Jinora in the hall of Avatar statues is reminiscent of Aang when he first finds it.
  • When Korra unlocks the Spirit Energy at the South Pole, the light beam shot into the sky is exactly like the one when Aang is released from the Iceberg and when he Energybends Ozai.
  • Also, the Northern Water Tribe's ships rolling in to the Southern Water Tribe's bay really ominous-like is fairly similar to Zuko's fleet in the beginning of Book 1.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Oh phew, I thought I'd brought bad luck or something... Because in my history, every club that I have joined has fallen into inactivity.
It's strange.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
What did you guys think of the latest episode "Civil Wars Part 1?"

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
It reminded me a lot of season 1, what with the unneeded conflict in the guise of creating peace, and Team Avatar getting trapped in the middle of it.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I don't want to spoil so all I will say is that I'm mad at Tonrock. He is either really evil or really stupid.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Oh phew, I thought I'd brought bad luck or something... Because in my history, every club that I have joined has fallen into inactivity.
It's strange.

This club goes through phases of activity depending on the current media that is available to discuss. We are currently recovering from a long spell of inactivity, but its never permanent, we're better than that.

I don't want to spoil so all I will say is that I'm mad at Tonrock. He is either really evil or really stupid.

You need not be ambiguous, the members here know that there are likely to be spoilers here and know better to come here if they have yet to see the new stuff.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
This club goes through phases of activity depending on the current media that is available to discuss. We are currently recovering from a long spell of inactivity, but its never permanent, we're better than that.

The third episode has come out and I am a bit suprised there isn't much chatter going on about it here.

As for the next episode, I'm quite certain the trial of Korra's parents will not be as "fair" as they'd hope.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
The third episode has come out and I am a bit suprised there isn't much chatter going on about it here.

As for the next episode, I'm quite certain the trial of Korra's parents will not be as "fair" as they'd hope.

I wonder if they will bring in lawyers, I think that could be some interesting comic releaf

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
If there is one thing I've learned from television, trials are a pointless mock-up to get a character in trouble.
---
I would like to see some familiar spirits, such as Koh.
Although I don't think that would turn out too well...

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Believe me, this is a tough club. We survived the no-activity spell after the movie was released and before Korra was really a thing.
And I think Varrick is probably one of my favorite characters, as slimy as he seems. He's just to funny for me, really. Watching the latest episode now, and oh my god I want a gif of all the little baby sky bison to shove in my signature to be honest. These things are FAR too adorable, seriously. I'm loving this new season, I really am. So far, I'm liking it more than how Book 1 started out.
Also, damn, Bumi talking to Aang's statue... right in the feels, that was.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
* I agree, Varrick is hilarious. There is alot of tension between the two tribes and he is like a comic relief which is funny.
* It was also great to see Ikki and Tenzin with the baby sky bison they are just soooo adorable! ><"
* As for Unalaq, I knew he had it in for Tonraq since the start, so that didn't really suprise me.
* Bolin, I only got 1 word for you .... "RUN!!!!"

Emiko-Gale

May I join? I would love to be a waterbender.

And Tenzin and his family are awesome!

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Emiko-Gale, welcome to the club, I'll add you to the Water Tribe list immediately!

And I think Varrick is probably one of my favorite characters, as slimy as he seems. He's just to funny for me, really.

Verrick is one of this show's top-notch characters in my opinion, he provides a sort of comic relief we haven't seen in a while, while also playing an important role on Korra's journey.

So who's ready to see Korra go back to Republic City and reunite with Chief Beifong, and eventually but heads with the new president? I'm getting really excited for tomorrow's episode!
Also, to those of you who watch Korra when it premiers on Nick, the schedule has moved it back to 8:30 PM on Fridays, so don't miss it on accident!

Emiko-Gale

Not sure how I feel about Chief Beifong coming back...I'm hoping for more family moments.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
The ending of the most recent episode was very... Suspenseful, to say the least.
I think the fight between Korra and the twins was well-done, probably one of the better fight scenes.

Shreyas

Hold on, I'm kind of confused about something... I thought all the sky bisons except for Aang's went extinct after the 100 year war. So, where did Aang find another Sky Bison to breed make the others? .-.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hold on, I'm kind of confused about something... I thought all the sky bisons except for Aang's went extinct after the 100 year war. So, where did Aang find another Sky Bison to breed make the others? .-.

There was a small Sky Bison flock/herd in hiding near one of te Air Temples.

But, yeah, sorry for inactivity, good to see the Club surviving, though, although that wasn't much of a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.