• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreyas

There was a small Sky Bison flock/herd in hiding near one of te Air Temples.

But, yeah, sorry for inactivity, good to see the Club surviving, though, although that wasn't much of a surprise.

Wait, which episode was that in? Was in it the comics? Cause I completely missed that...

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Wait, which episode was that in? Was in it the comics? Cause I completely missed that...

It was between Airbender and Korra, and not in the comics. So far. The Search Pt. 3 is set to come out later this month, and may or may not show Aang finding that sky bison herd.

Shreyas

It was between Airbender and Korra, and not in the comics. So far. The Search Pt. 3 is set to come out later this month, and may or may not show Aang finding that sky bison herd.

Oh ok! And, I thought The Search Part 3 was coming out in November .-.

Also, I finally watched the most recent episode. That ending...

JSteele

Dr. Awesome
Am I the only one who thinks Book 2 has way too much comic relief? Lets accept Verrick, cause he is kinda funny, but Bolin has gotten utterly ridiculous, and sohas Tenzin, whose family moments are waaay too many. Also the twins.

Lots of filler action in these episodes, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Emiko-Gale

I honestly think book 2 is shaping up better than book 1. I personally felt book 1 was poorly written and I was hesitant to watch book 2.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I'm noticing a style change with the spirits.
In ATLA, they had varying appearances, talked, and had names.
In LOK, they all look menacing and similar, simply roared, and names are not mentioned.
Of course, this could be because they're angry...

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
There is alot of comic relief in Book 2, i just hope they don't take it too overboard with it ...

Also, what is with Korra and Mako always fighting? .. It seems their relationship is completely different compared to Book 1

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Did everyone watch "Episode 6 - The Sting?"

What were your reactions?

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
That ending man... I loved Varrick, why'd that have to go and happen man?! And I might be the minority here, I'm actually happy that Mako and Korra's relationship is over.
And as for the missing sky bison that turned up out of nowhere, I feel like it makes sense, since no one really went looking for them, just the airbenders. But who knows, the world of Avatar is weird and massive at the same time.
JSteele, as weird as some of the comedic relief this season can be, I kinda like it. All the characters are getting a little more screentime, as well as depth. Sure the Tenzin family moments can seem almost distracting, but maybe they'll all come together in the end. Here's hoping I'm right, as the creators of Avatar rarely seem to show something then leave it in the dust, at least that was the case with the first series for sure. Maybe all this animal befriending/training will come in handy with the two airbender kids?

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Beginnings Parts 1 and 2 completely blew me away. I knew beforehand that Wan's story was going to be impressive and animated differently, but I had no idea that it would be quite so developed and captivating! A post I saw on tumblr put it quite nicely: "You know the writers on a show are really talented when you feel emotionally attached to a character that you just met 40 minutes ago"

My friends and I agreed, Wan could quite easily have his own show going more in-depth on his journey to become the Avatar and the events between his journey and his death that we saw near the end of Part 2. And speaking of the scene involving his death, did anyone notice anything familiar, because tumblr sure didn't:

This gif is from Wan's death, among the burning rubble of a human vs. human warzone.

Compare to this image from the Avatar: The Last Airbender episode "Zuko Alone" in which Zuko travels to this location:

tumblr_muw9x8Jmkn1rz69vko1_500.jpg

This connection is really exciting, but it gets even better because when this post reached Sifu Kisu (fighting instructor and consultant for the Avatar franchise), he simply commented, "It's deeper than you know."

Shreyas

Beginnings Parts 1 and 2 completely blew me away. I knew beforehand that Wan's story was going to be impressive and animated differently, but I had no idea that it would be quite so developed and captivating! A post I saw on tumblr put it quite nicely: "You know the writers on a show are really talented when you feel emotionally attached to a character that you just met 40 minutes ago"

My friends and I agreed, Wan could quite easily have his own show going more in-depth on his journey to become the Avatar and the events between his journey and his death that we saw near the end of Part 2. And speaking of the scene involving his death, did anyone notice anything familiar, because tumblr sure didn't:

This gif is from Wan's death, among the burning rubble of a human vs. human warzone.

Compare to this image from the Avatar: The Last Airbender episode "Zuko Alone" in which Zuko travels to this location:

tumblr_muw9x8Jmkn1rz69vko1_500.jpg

This connection is really exciting, but it gets even better because when this post reached Sifu Kisu (fighting instructor and consultant for the Avatar franchise), he simply commented, "It's deeper than you know."

Whoa. That is an impressive connection.

I actually really liked this episode. So far, I feel it was one of the best and probably the most informative one so far.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
So now we know why the Avatar is a thing.
A bit mind-blowing, don't you think?

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
These two episodes blew my mind away, seriously. I can't wait the two weeks for the next episodes, I really just can't. The subreddit is pouring in with theories, and everything is just confusing, but at the same time everything seemed to be answered for me. Like... geez. Where will the series go from here? Will Korra be much more in tune with her spirit and all that stuff?

Also. I have a question for all of you, tear this question apart as much as possible. Do you think Korra has gone into a full avatar state outside of the time when she got her bending back from Aang? Sure, she's gone into a sort of "Avatar State" to do simple tasks like win a race on the air scooter, but when Aang went into the state it seemed much more... powerful. And amazing. Perhaps Korra does abuse it, but to me it seems as if it's sort of a half-assed version of a full blown Avatar state. Thoughts?

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
These two episodes blew my mind away, seriously. I can't wait the two weeks for the next episodes, I really just can't. The subreddit is pouring in with theories, and everything is just confusing, but at the same time everything seemed to be answered for me. Like... geez. Where will the series go from here? Will Korra be much more in tune with her spirit and all that stuff?

Also. I have a question for all of you, tear this question apart as much as possible. Do you think Korra has gone into a full avatar state outside of the time when she got her bending back from Aang? Sure, she's gone into a sort of "Avatar State" to do simple tasks like win a race on the air scooter, but when Aang went into the state it seemed much more... powerful. And amazing. Perhaps Korra does abuse it, but to me it seems as if it's sort of a half-assed version of a full blown Avatar state. Thoughts?

It does seem that Korra's avatar state is not as important as Aang's avatar state was. I think that one of the important differences is, that for Korra, the avatar state is a weapon, some sort of a boost to her powers, while Aang's avatar state was more the "epic moment of epicness".

I loved these two episodes as well, especially because of the Lore. I love it that they actually explained how the avatar came into being.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
It was great to see how The Avatar came to be.

Looking forward for the rest of the Season!!

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I would like to join XD

I have seen avatar on tv for a long time now, but never really watched it because I never knew what the heck was going on. So recently I decided to start watching it straight from the beginning. I just started Book 2 Earth.

Figures, I start watching this and all my friends start choosing nations. I am a Water Tribe through the think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.