• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Welcome to the club Ansem (awesome name by the way, you excited for KH 2.5ReMIX?)! Book 2 is probably my favorite to be honest, Toph can't be beat! What makes you choose the Water Tribe? And feel free to participate in any of the past discussions that we've had in this clubs duration!

Why is no one here talking about the most recent episode?! Everything that happened to Korra, Unalaq's plan, Verrick's threat, everything was mind blowing! And we have the offficial release of the remaining episodes thanks to Bryan, the creator of Korra and Avatar: The last Airbender. We're coming down close to the end of the season here, folks! Here's al lthat we have left:

• Friday, Nov. 8 – Episode 10
  • Friday, Nov. 15 – Episodes 11 & 12 (A one hour special)
  • Friday, Nov. 22 – Episodes 13 & 14 (FINALE!)

As much as I don't want this season to end, it's coming down to the final stretch! Any predictions, questions, or anything in general that you guys all want to discuss?

Emiko-Gale

I am very excited, I just pray that Mako and Korra don't get back together. I'm possibly the only person who didn't mind all the Mako/Asami scenes, maybe Mako could make amends with her.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Why is no one here talking about the most recent episode?! Everything that happened to Korra, Unalaq's plan, Verrick's threat, everything was mind blowing! And we have the offficial release of the remaining episodes thanks to Bryan, the creator of Korra and Avatar: The last Airbender. We're coming down close to the end of the season here, folks! Here's al lthat we have left:

• Friday, Nov. 8 – Episode 10
  • Friday, Nov. 15 – Episodes 11 & 12 (A one hour special)
  • Friday, Nov. 22 – Episodes 13 & 14 (FINALE!)

As much as I don't want this season to end, it's coming down to the final stretch! Any predictions, questions, or anything in general that you guys all want to discuss?

I was just wondering about that.

If there is hardly any talk going on when there is a new season of Korra still going on, Imagine how quiet it will be when it is over! ><" ...

I think Korra will have an epic battle with Unalaq, with her succeeding and then closing the portals once again ...

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
I was just wondering about that.

If there is hardly any talk going on when there is a new season of Korra still going on, Imagine how quiet it will be when it is over! ><" ...

I think Korra will have an epic battle with Unalaq, with her succeeding and then closing the portals once again ...

Hmm, I think the epic battle will star Vaatu, not Unalaq.

I'm also not certain whether I'm happy with the fact that they are doing 8 out of the 14 episodes with two of them airing on the same day. I mean, the double episode about Wan could just be split into two normal episodes. It almost seems that they want to rush the series this time.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Oh, god, this Season is ending already?

I haven't even seen a single Episode since it hasn't aired yet where I live, and streaming is a no go for me <_<

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Welcome to the club Ansem (awesome name by the way, you excited for KH 2.5ReMIX?)! Book 2 is probably my favorite to be honest, Toph can't be beat! What makes you choose the Water Tribe? And feel free to participate in any of the past discussions that we've had in this clubs duration!

Thanks, I'm wishing I didn't put in a request to change it XD
I chose the Water Tribe, because water bending always kind of struck me as coolest.(No pun intended, but lets just go with it XD)
Yeah I'm really loving book 2, I'm on episode 10 now, Im kind of forcing myself to slow down and enjoy it.
And aside from that, I don't have much to say about Legend of Korrah since I haven't even started that yet XD

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
and how about downloading?

If watching a five minute long Youtube Video takes half an hour, then downloading it is out of the question.

Thanks, I'm wishing I didn't put in a request to change it XD
I chose the Water Tribe, because water bending always kind of struck me as coolest.(No pun intended, but lets just go with it XD)
Yeah I'm really loving book 2, I'm on episode 10 now, Im kind of forcing myself to slow down and enjoy it.
And aside from that, I don't have much to say about Legend of Korrah since I haven't even started that yet XD

Lol, yeah, Korra is pretty, well, different to me, since I've only watched the first four Korra Eps once and the Aang Eps I've watched like 30 times over.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah, sucks how few episodes Korra had per season. Wish the show ordered a whole season like the past show had, it'd probably help the characters in along run, some are getting the short end of the stick here due to that and this love triangle is causing them to never be a team.

Shreyas

Not sure if you guys are still active or not, but....

I just finished the season, and I must admit it is not what I expected. But, there are somethings I was hoping to see in this season that I did not. For one, I feel like Aang's life post ATLA and pre- LoK still remains kind of a mystery.

[spoil]
Considering that Korra lost connection with her past lives, I'm not sure they will ever tell us how republic city got started and what happened in it. Maybe expecting to see somethings in the comics?

Also, there are a few things that I feel kind of blank on. Like, somethings feel unfinished. For example, Rava did say that neither can live without the other. But, with Vatu (did I spell it right?) gone, he will come back eventually. So, what happens then? Since Unalaq did connect to Rava does this mean that like the avatar cycle, there will be a reincarnation process for a "dark avatar" as well? Or, will vatu return to cause destruction again?

[/spoil]

On top of those, I really wanted to see more of Meelo. This could be just me, but Meelo really didn't bring as many laughs as he did in Book 1. It would have been a lot funnier to see what he was up to a bit more.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I'm always lurking about!

Just so that everyone knows, the most recent hour special and the season finale are currently up on Nick.com thanks to a tumblr contest! Watch it if you can!

Assassin - I feel like they're rushing it just like they did with the final Book of the original series, mostly due to it's dark content, but they know it's one of the highest rated series on Nickelodeon. Therefore, to cance l it would lead to outcry from fans and losing money, and to air it often and consistantly for many weeks would lead to outcry from parents due to mature themes, especially with how Korra is playing out here.

Ansem - Aw, I really like the name! And definitely give yourself time to take it all in. Watching A:TLA for the first time is definitely a treat, and it doesn't get any worse for subsequent viewings.

As for what you said Shreyas...

I feel as if it could go ewither way really. They were connected when Korra killed off Unalaq, so I feel as if there could be a reincarnation of an evil Avatar, or the evil spirit could return to the spirit world, albeit much much weaker than he previously was. Either way, we still have 2 more books to check out what happens there!

As for my own thoughts on how this book ended:
I was personally impressed and incredibly shocked. Opening the portal between the two worlds is kind of a major shocker, and in my opinion sets Aang and Korra's tales even further apart, as I could never see Aang deciding such a thing. It'll be weird to see the next 2 Books with spirits being alongside humans and how that plays out for the two worlds (Iroh back in the normal world?) (Speaking of which, WHY IS NO ONE IN THIS CLUB TALKING ABOUT IROH'S REUTURN TO THE SERIES?! Damn, I literally shouted when I saw that happen!)
Plus, I wonder if Korra will have some kind of nightmare things about killing off her own Uncle... damn, that was really cold the way they did it. She dismantled his very being, and it was kinda shrugged off. Overall, I still have questions (were we not supposed to see the secondary bending to Air? All I saw was more reasons why Waterbending was so OP throughout this Book), but I hope some will be answered in the upcoming seasons.
Also, three cheers for Mako and Korra ending their pretty much mentally abusive relationship! Finally! Yes! Thank god!
And to close it off, how about seeing Commander Xiao in the fog? That was kinda.... freaky.

Last edited:

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
[spoil]
Considering that Korra lost connection with her past lives, I'm not sure they will ever tell us how republic city got started and what happened in it. Maybe expecting to see somethings in the comics?

Also, there are a few things that I feel kind of blank on. Like, somethings feel unfinished. For example, Rava did say that neither can live without the other. But, with Vatu (did I spell it right?) gone, he will come back eventually. So, what happens then? Since Unalaq did connect to Rava does this mean that like the avatar cycle, there will be a reincarnation process for a "dark avatar" as well? Or, will vatu return to cause destruction again?

[/spoil]

On top of those, I really wanted to see more of Meelo. This could be just me, but Meelo really didn't bring as many laughs as he did in Book 1. It would have been a lot funnier to see what he was up to a bit more.

Well, one of the key things that we know about the avatar state is that when the Avatar dies while being in the avatar state, the circle is broken and the Avatar ceases to exist. I'd guess that the same applies for the Dark Avatar. So if what Korra did was actually killing Unalaq-Vaatu, then it'd mean that the dark avatar stops to exist.

Other then that, I think that the "The Promise" comics and "The Search" will tell you more about what happened between the end of TLA and the start of LOK.
In the promise there is an dispute about a former fire nation colony, Yu Dao, that the Earth Kingdom wants to claim back, while the inhabitants convince Zuko to protect the people that live there because they merged with the original Earth Kingdom population. After the conflict is ended, Aang and Zuko discuss what has to happen to it, since it can neither be Earth Kingdom nor Fire Nation. I think that that's the start of Republic City, with the former Fire Nation colonies becoming independent. Other then that, it's a tad blank I guess, but the same goes for other things like how Zuko changed the Fire Nation, how Ba Sing Se developed etc etc. I hoped we'd see more of the world in this season, but unfortunately, I guess I'll have to wait for book III.

Since I'm already doing too many spoilers in this post, let's add some more.
To be honest, I don't know what to think. Some parts of the finale were epic indeed, but I feel that this whole season gives me a too less lore. I miss people like Iroh who explain how things work, how the world works. Speaking of Iroh, it was nice too see him again, but I can't remember him having any connection with the spirits throughout TLA... Probably I'm missing it, but I can't remember.

It was nice to see what happened to Xiao though, I kinda liked what happened to him. The only thing that worries me is that when Tenzin cleared the fog, he must have helped Xiao as well. He might even have lost his insanity. Then add the fact that Korra left the spirit portals open, and Xiao could just walk back into the human world. Perhaps he'll star in one of the next seasons.

And I hope that if they do a new avatar after Korra, they'll go back in time, not forward. I'd hate to see an even more industrialized world, it then loses some of it's epicness. I do wonder how the combination of spirits and technology will develop in the next two books though.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Whelp I finished The Last Airbender so its on to Legend of Korra now.

I have got to say, I really love this show and I can't believe that I never watched it before now. Even though Ozi was the main antagonist I have to say that Azula freaked me out way more, especially at the end.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?

I have got to say, I really love this show and I can't believe that I never watched it before now. Even though Ozi was the main antagonist I have to say that Azula freaked me out way more, especially at the end.

Ozai is more of the big bad boss, while Azula is the evil person that they are actually fighting. A bit like Giovanni and Jessy + James. Giovanni is the evil guy you know so little of, whereas you see Jessy and James everytime. Giovanni and Ozai have something mysterious, but Azula can't have that becauseshe gets so much screen time. You get to know and understand here. In order to keep her evil and scary, they made her freaky and crazy. Which I prefer above a "We're blasting off again". But that's just my interpretation. I'm glad you liked the show =D

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Well, yeah, basically what Assassin said, although Azula's mental problems seemed to come right from the start of the series, which I liked, that it was lampshade hanging it the entire time, but not showing the fruits of it until the very end.

Ozai seemed to actually be more or less that final boss that you would encouner in Games, that isn't shown as the main antagonist but more as another evil thing that is more or less the result of the main antagonist, sine Azula appeared to be much more anagonistic than Ozai.
Similar to Jessie/James and Giovanni, JJ are the acual anagonists, since Giovanni never even does anhing with Ash.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
My apologies for having been so inactive, I saw this coming as soon as I knew that Book 2 would be airing while I'm at school, with Finals Week ahead of me no less. Regardless, much has happened since I last posted and I will be adding all new members to their respective lists soon.

As thebluekid pointed out, Book 2's 2-part finale has been posted on Nick.com for the past few days and I must say, it is incredible. I will refrain, however, from posting spoilers until it has officially aired this Friday. Speaking of it airing this Friday, I'd like to take this moment to encourage you all to watch it as it airs, even if you've already seen it on Nick.com/outside source because the better a show's ratings are, the less likely it is for Nickelodeon to drop it like a hot potato. Please watch the finale when it airs on television this Friday even if you've already seen it!

Now, onto another pressing matter: Book 3. As most of you are aware, the wait for Book 2 was long and nearly unbearable, but we survived it. And like a gift from our torturers, the creators have officially announced that Book 3 will be titled "Change" and that we will not have to wait nearly as long for it to premier! How? I'll tell you how: Back in May 2013, Bryan Konietzko posted an image of Asami from a storyboard for Book 3, meaning that Book 3 has been in development since way before Book 2 even premiered! Furthermore, Michael DiMartino commented in an interview today: "We don’t have an airdate yet. We’re already working on the first few episodes of post-production for Book 3. So that’s all going very well."
POST PRODUCTION?!?! WOOOOOOOOOO!

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Assassin -
I remember at one point Iroh mentioned traveling to the spirit world before the original series took place, but I could be wrong
Andem - that's fantastic! It's always nice to hear people enjoying the old series, especially for the first time!
And TM - did Grey DeLisle, or however you pronounce it (the voice actress for Azula) mention a while back that she was done recording voices for Korra books 2 and 3? I know she was the voice of the mushroom in the finale. Ah well, I tikka it was on Twitter or Facebook

I swear trying to type on these forums from an iPhone is a pain... If I become slightly inactive, it's because my laptop has finally bitten the dust.

Last edited:

fenniken

fire master
Man intese korra is a liltle more marure

Status
Not open for further replies.