• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Well, I do believe The Search Part 3 has been released! That, or it has at least leaked across the internet!
What does anyone who has happened to have read the tale think of how everything went down?

Sir Niner Steak

wow very tm87
I have a friend who's like, theb biggest TLA fan; she most likely already has it XD

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Because I know I'll forget, I'd like to wish an early Happy Fourth Birthday to our club! (Official Date: January 26th).

I was watching the original series last night, some of the earlier Book 2 episodes, with Toph joining and Wan Shi Tong's library, and it made me feel quite nostalgic. Hard to believe Avatar: The Last Airbender is nearly 9 years old this year!

By the way, here's the latest Book 3 Screenshot, featuring Korra's Sky Bison Oogie (guess that cutie's gonna be sticking around!)
And don't forget the new comic series The Rift will be debuting on shelves starting March 18!

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Has it really already been almost four years that this club has been kicking around? My god, it feels like yesterday I became co-owner... Time flies I guess! (And that long since I was scouring the internet for news on The Last Airbender film by M. Night Shamallama.... ew.)

I'm really really glad that Korra has a sky bison! I love the adorable things so much I still have my Appa plushie on my shelf!

And, for those that are too lazy to click the link, here's how Amazon describes the plot of The Rift (gonna shove it under a spoiler tag, just in case)
Avatar Aang asks his friends to help him honor Yangchen's Festival - one of the highest Air Nomad holidays, which hasn't been celebrated in over one hundred years. But cryptic visits from the spirit of Avatar Yangchen herself lead Aang to discover a jointly owned Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom refinery - operating on land sacred to the Airbenders! Is this the cause of the pollution Aang finds there or is something more mysterious happening?

I also find it worth mention to at least some people on this club that there are official Pabu and Naga plushies on the market from Nickelodeon, although they are currently sold out (which is normal, the Appa plushie I have was sold out for around 4 months before I ordered it). Here are some links for you:

Naga plushie: http://shop.nick.com/Legend-of-Korra-12-Naga-Plush/M/B00B1D8872.htm

Pabu plushie: http://shop.nick.com/Legend-of-Korra-8-Pabu-Plush/M/B00B11HRMG.htm

The NickShop also has some other really cool Avatar products, such as an Avatar State Aang shirt, a Korra poster, and some other stuff. Check it out!

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Leaked Korra trailer from the Netherlands featuring footage from Books 2 and 3:

[video=youtube;KrJiCf03UWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KrJiCf03UWQ[/video]

You may notice a Firebender on a Dragon, which you can find a close-up of here. Could this be Zuko?

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
It could be, but if it is, isn't his little scar blotch on the wrong side of the face? Of course the image could be flipped in the trailer, or it may be too small to properly see it. Here's hoping though! A certain cameo last season had me jumping for joy~ Just the fact that dragons are making a comeback makes me happy. But how did they repopulate? Wasn't it just those two legendary dragons that were left alive?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
It could be, but if it is, isn't his little scar blotch on the wrong side of the face? Of course the image could be flipped in the trailer, or it may be too small to properly see it. Here's hoping though! A certain cameo last season had me jumping for joy~ Just the fact that dragons are making a comeback makes me happy. But how did they repopulate? Wasn't it just those two legendary dragons that were left alive?

Hm, yeah, that was a rather unexpected but nice addition (although, not sure which of the two you're referring to xP).

I'm pretty sure that Shaw and the ther one were the only known ones, but then agai, they probably just pulled a Sky Bison and had a colony living somewhere.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Dirkac, both of the cameos that were in the Spirit Realm made me jump for joy. At this point, any reference to the original series is welcomed. I really hope that they don't just pull a "Oh look, we found an old colony living somewhere!" card again. The first time it was kind of believable, but now it just seems... cliche.

And Joann, I apologize that it took this long to reply to you! Life has been rather hectic for me, and I'm sure that TM has been pretty busy with life as well as of late, but it's no excuse to let such a thing get ignroed for so long! We're always open for new members! Would you like to tell us a little about yourself, maybe why you chose the Water Tribe, or answering any of our past discussions (or even offer your own, anyone can offer a question or topic!)?

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Thank you JSteele!

Here's a 5 minute preview of the premiere episode, for those that are interested: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/leg...p.html?vcs=social_20140623_26532936&xid=LOKFB
Be warned, there are massive spoilers!

Also, thanks to the people in this club still supporting not only this thread (Although we're rarely active outside of show seasons), but the show itself as well!

Don't forget, Book 2 of Korra will be on DVD and Blu-Ray next month as well!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm so excited for Friday <3!!!!! What we've been shown so far looks amazing, plus 3 episodes in one day :D!!!!

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
With us already at 3 episodes into Korra Book 3, I figured I'd try to become a bit more active here in our little club. A few discussion questions to start things off:

How do you feel about the new spike in Airbender population?

What do you think of our new villains and their intentions?

How do you feel about Book 3: Change thus far?

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
Hey there! Can I join? I flipping love the avatar series! I'd like to be an air nomad, also has the newest book or Korra aired on television yet? I've been looking but havent seen it. I'm very anxious to watch the new season. :D

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey there! Can I join? I flipping love the avatar series! I'd like to be an air nomad, also has the newest book or Korra aired on television yet? I've been looking but havent seen it. I'm very anxious to watch the new season. :D

Yep, the first three episodes aired on friday(27th I believe), just go to the nick site, they should be on there I believe. If not, go to google. They really are amazing so far <3!!!

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
How do you feel about the new Airbender spike in population?

I don't like it that much, mainly because being an Airbender used to be unique, and now there are all these air benders thst don't even want to go with Tenzin and Korra.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
How do you feel about the new Airbender spike in population?

I don't like it that much, mainly because being an Airbender used to be unique, and now there are all these air benders thst don't even want to go with Tenzin and Korra.

Actually I like it. The air kingdom needs to rebuild too. Tenzin and his family aren't gonna live forever so someone needs to keep it going. Soon enough, you will find that many Air Benders will be joining Tenzin for training, trust me.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
just watched all 3 new episodes, freaking awesome!
I'm rather happy with the fact they are bringing air benders back. Although I am curious as to how it will all pan out for the group.
I'm also rather curious as to what the earth queen plans to do with all the air benders, and how on earth are mako and bolin going to get back.. I kinda figure that their new found family will end up sneaking them over that way with either connections or a tunnel system of some sort. I'm really happy about that Zuko is still alive too, and he gets a freaking dragon! But I would like to know who the heck those four prisoners are as well, and where their characters plots are going to lead in the story. My guess is that they will go after korra(kinda obvious) but try and take down all the nations as well and world order.

Status
Not open for further replies.