• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
How do you feel about the new spike in Airbender population?
Though explained, I thought it a little bizarre, really, not much else beyond that.
Though, Bumi getting Airbending was just really a slap to the face with what the writers did with Sokka by making him still competent without Bending, and now Bumi getting it, well, yeah.

What do you think of our new villains and their intentions?
They seem fine, if a little reminiscent to the original villains.
Earth Queen seems like a Long Feng that is actually ruling by right, which is nice, I suppose.
Can't really comment on the Elemental Four, since they haven't done much yet other than expose hatred to White Lotus and Avatr, but eh.
I first had the wuestion as to why Aang/Korra didn't just take away their Bending, but then the Fire Bender said she'd been locked up for 17 years, Korra's age, so...

How do you feel about Book 3: Change thus far?

It seems like a solid book, really.

Main gripe is just the fallacies in continuity.

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
How do you feel about the new spike in Airbender population?
I feel as if it needs to be explained a little more. I know it was due to harmonic convergence, but /why/ Airbenders? I like the theory going around that it's to balance the world, but why were certain people chosen, especially one that HAPPENED to be a major villain and HAPPENED to know all about Airbending already. It seems fishy, but I have hopes that they'll explain it a little better.

What do you think of our new villains and their intentions?
I have to see more of them to really get an opinion. They do give some of the best bending scene's of the series.
I dunno really. They're intentions just seem to be a plain "GET THE AVATAR", but I feel like there's going to be way more than that.

How do you feel about Book 3: Change thus far?

So far? It seems pretty fantastic! I have high hopes for this book, and I feel like it will be better than Book 2. although Why were the Dai Li so weak, as well as members of the White Lotus? They're both supposed to be elite teams of benders, who are ultra strong and powerful, if not feared. They were knocked back with close to nothing.

EDIT: THIS IS IMPORTANT: Korra will now be distributed only digitally. The series is NOT cancelled, but instead it will work like this: this Friday (tomorrow) an episode will air at 8pm as per norm, and after that, once a week an episode will be posted to an internet source (Nick.com, Hulu, Amazon, etc.). For a more detailed post on the subject, check out this post on the official Korra tumblr: http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/...-digital-release?vcs=social_20140724_28387386

Last edited:

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Sure, welcome Volcer! I'm sure once he logs in, TM will be glad to add you to the Fire Nation! Wanna tell us a little about yourself, maybe why you joined the Fire Nation? It's a little dull on here as of late, but feel free to participate in any of our past discussions that we've had! Speaking of which...

What do you think the Red Lotus wants with the Avatar?
The last episode was absolutely crazy, and it's only gonna climb uphill until the end of the season! What do you think that they want with Korra? Clearly they want anarchy, as well as to take down larger forms of power, but what do you think their end goal will be with capturing the Avatar?

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Thanks, thebluekid!

I watched Season 1 & most of Season 2 of Avatar: The Last Airbender a few years ago, and finished the rest in July, along with the entirety of The Legend Of Korra. I like the story a lot, and Avatar: The Last Airbenderis probably my favourite animated show out of all the ones I've watched until now.

I joined the Fire Nation because I like the whole firebending idea, and fire has always been my favourite element. Plus, Zuko was is my favourite character, so that's also one reason. I like the culture and geography as well.

Balborosaurus

Nomadic Breeder
Care if I join? If so, I'd have to go with the Water Tribe. I've always had an affinity with water, plus I'm a Picses whose real name (Dylan) means "of the sea". The name originating from a God of the Sea in Welsh mythology. So I've always found water fitting. Though, if you saw me, you'd probably think I'd belong to the Earth Nation (thanks to my physic). Going through this groups posts, I kind of surprised no one's discussed the finale at all. I gotta say, I just love the brutality behind Suyin's takedown of P'Li. Very reminiscent of Combustion Man's defeat at the hands (boomerang) of Sokka.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
man i haven't posted inawhile in the club but i did see the last episode for book 3 of legend of korra that was pretty crazy can't wait to see book four what you guys thoughts on what may happen in book 4?

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Greetings, club!

I've just completed work on the main post of our club, and I figured I'd point out the new changes:
  • All nations have had their colors updated to be more accurated
  • I've added the Metal Clan as an option to join in. I realize it its a city within the Earth Kingdom, but I felt it was major enough to stand on its own.
  • Removed all banners given the images no longer work and nobody used them anyways.
  • Updated the resources section with links to Korra dvd pages on Amazon as well as links to read all ATLA comics online

Given the club's slowness throughout Book 3, I'd like to try to build up some momentum here in the club by the time Book 4 premiers this friday. To spurr up some discussion, here is the trailer featuring much new footage, character redesigns, story elements, and a VERY exciting treat at the very end:

[video=youtube;NCEFMY4TWGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw[/video]

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Heya everyone! Here with a little news!

There are rumors floating around that the finale of Korra will be a four part episode. The only real "evidence" we have on this is that Nickelodeon staff members received an invitation for a Legend of Korra Wrap Party on December 3rd. Basically, if we can assume that the December 3rd party is the Wednesday before the finale, the 13 episode Book 4 would continue posting 1 episode a week to Nickelodeon, with the last four being posted to Nickelodeon the Friday after the party. Again, take this with a grain of salt, and it is currently just a rumor. But exciting nonetheless!

Aside from that, what does everyone think of this book so far? I won't say anything too specific just yet, just in case some of you haven't caught up yet to Friday's episode. If that's the case, get off the club and go catch up! Book 4 isn't pulling any punches and seems to be heating up quick! Things are already getting a little shaky, and we still have yet to see Korra get her feet on the ground and stand on solid ground.

As for a subject, how about what are your predictions as to where the rest of the Book will go, given what we've seen in the past few epsiodes? I'm really curious to hear what all of you have to say!

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I'm just happy we get to see Toph for so long, and her training with Korra.

For the rumored last 4 parts, wonder if they'll continue to just show them 1 week at a time or give us the full 4 parts in one week?

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
Can I join?

I love Aang but Korra comes first in my heart.
We are definatley gonna see more toph in the next episode, I can just she Toph destroying Kuvira

HM02gon

Waiting...
Can I join...
Give me an avatar the Last Airbender quote and I can almost guarantee that I will be able to give you who said it, to whom, and what episode.
There was a point in my life where when I was bored in school I would mentally recite entire episodes to myself.
And I am obsessed with the Beifong family.

Status
Not open for further replies.