• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussions

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
its over!?!?!

*sob* I cant believe its over!!! I didnt feal this devistated even when I finished reading the 7th harry potter book!
I have to say I loved the movie but it couldve been a little more epic. I know I am going to be hated for this, but, I do believe their is going to be another season, just hear me out. Why would Zuko say "what happened to my mother" and just leave it at that unless they were trying to hint the next season? they wouldnt have just left it at that, its their for a reason,. just like at the end of national treasure 2: book of secrets.

Aang

Banned
Actually, i didn't read the last 3 pages.. to many posts just got the idea popped through my head. so yeah

I was just kidding though. :p I think that idea we had is pretty obvious.

I actually am having thoughts about writting a book dedicated to Avatar. :eek:

Edit: To the above poster, for all we know there could be a new villian rising. Maybe Commander Zhao survived somehow and was planning an attack against the Avatar or something o.o? Now THAT would be epic.

Last edited:

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
I've just actually realised that it's actually over.

NOW I'M DEPRESSED.

;_;

Nooo.

It's odd, I both hope for something more (e.g. a spinoff or something) and at the same time want nothing more. The last thing I'd want is for it to be murdered with overuse....

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
That battle was EPIC. But I thought he couldn't enter the avatar state because of the 7th chakra?

Manchee

extra toasty
I guess you have a point there. But, I thought that each book was for Aang trying to master the elements. Since Aang already mastered air, this is why I thought a book four would not make much sense. Also, I think it would be a bit difficult to make twenty episodes on just rebuilding the air nomads and Zuko finding his mother, but it could be done.

In response to the bolded part: I just thought the book title was sort of showing what location they were at.

Book 1: They were mostly in the south pole, which has water benders.
Book 2: Ba Sing Sei (sp?) is what the season focused about, and how the Fire Nation took it over.
Book 3: Uh, this is easy. THEY WERE IN THE FIRE NATION AND FOUGHT THE FIRE LORD(for those of you who couldn't figure it out).

Oh for the love of god..

[SIZE=Uhh..it was big xD]THERE IS NO 4TH BOOK!!!!!!![/SIZE]

The creators said so themselves.

We aren't saying that there will be a fourth book, just that we hope there will be one, or that we want the writers to create some sort of spin-off.

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
In response to the bolded part: I just thought the book title was sort of showing what location they were at.

Book 1: They were mostly in the south pole, which has water benders.
Book 2: Ba Sing Sei (sp?) is what the season focused about, and how the Fire Nation took it over.
Book 3: Uh, this is easy. THEY WERE IN THE FIRE NATION AND FOUGHT THE FIRE LORD(for those of you who couldn't figure it out).

They were all over the place in book one because they were traveling from south to north. To tell you the truth, in that book they didn't stay in any set location for too long. To me, the books had nothing to do with Aang, but steps for the Fire Nation:

Book One: Defeated the Water Tribe
Book Two: Defeated the Earth Kingdom
Book Three: On to the rest of the world, but stopped by the Avatar.

No need for a book about Air because the Air Nomads were defeated a long time ago.

it all started with eevee

eevee's so pimpin :]
They were all over the place in book one because they were traveling from south to north. To tell you the truth, in that book they didn't stay in any set location for too long. To me, the books had nothing to do with Aang, but steps for the Fire Nation:

Book Two: Defeated the Earth Kingdom
Book Three: On to the rest of the world, but stopped by the Avatar.

No need for a book about Air because the Air Nomads were defeated a long time ago.

Um... I saw it as pretty obvious that the books stood for the elements that Aang learned.... Book 1, he mastered (sort of) waterbending, Book 2 he learned earthbending, and Book 3 he learned fire..

Does anyone else have the sense that Aang should have lost something by taking away the firelord's bending? I mean, even for the Avatar, it can't be that easy!

Last edited:

Kaim_Fabuyashi

Prepare Yourself
To clear all of the 'Book Air' theories, the creators stated that they are making a new series entirely, and on the wikipedia page it said they are calling it an 'incarnation series' Having that said made me think of going into the stories of all the past avatars. That would be interesting no?

Or I had an idea of having the avatar being the villan for once which could possibly be done.

~Kaim

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
To clear all of the 'Book Air' theories, the creators stated that they are making a new series entirely, and on the wikipedia page it said they are calling it an 'incarnation series' Having that said made me think of going into the stories of all the past avatars. That would be interesting no?

Or I had an idea of having the avatar being the villan for once which could possibly be done.

~Kaim

Incarnation could mean past avatars, or even future avatars. I suppose the creators could go with either one. As for the avatar being the villian, that seems like an interesting idea. Maybe one of the future avatars?

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
well i dont think that avatar is over... there is still one more season to go...
zuko will still look for his mom. azula is still alive-and still can bend-and she is still crazy for power. also, book 4-air is about harmony - might come a time that harmony is disturbed and the avatar will need to keep that balance again because a new enemy might arise---ozai getting his bending back sure would disrupt that-or azula becoming more powerful/wicked would cause that disruption.

overall, I really liked the avatar movie. yay!

Caelesti

dancing queen

The Water Tribe was never defeated. The Avatar stopped the invasion by going into the Avatar State. o: At least... I think.

energo

T.C.R. Admin

~Kaim

This morning I had the idea that one of Aang's past lives took such thrill from having Avatar-state power that they desire to take over Aang's body and release that power onto the world. Aang would know that one of the past avatars is trying to do this but can't find out who.

It would begin when Aang goes into the Avatar State but loses control over himself, having flashbacks to the nightmares and scenes from Books 1 - 3 where he wasn't in control. aang would occasionally travel to the Spirit World to converse with a large amount of Avatars to find a likely suspect and on the way comes across some new main characters.

Of course Katara, Sokka, Toph & the gaang would appear but more focus would be made on Aang's journey. What would be interesting is if at one point during the loss of control, Aang attacks a peaceful village or a friend so the Gaang have to take Aang down themselves. Side stories could develop to ensure the other characters are still involved, such as an assassin and rebel group who still believe in Ozai's promised future and intend to kill Zuko. I think this would be interesting as it would appear a mirror to the Day of Black Sun but instead Zuko is the one being hunted down. I suppose Toph, Sokka and Katara would also be targetted by the rebel group to prevent intervention during the assassin.

Anyway, Aang would spend some time in the Spirit World but overlook a small boy/girl whose nation is unclear who is one of Aang's past lives but they were killed at a young age. Aang and this character get on well and even assists Aang finding the culprit. Aang ignores this character as a threat but it turns out this person is the Avatar trying to take over his body and regain their power. The past-life lusts for the power that was robbed from them at such a young age and it would be interesting to see a past life who is around the same age as Aang.

Although bending can not be done inside the Spirit World, physical fights clearly can still take place but with similar physiques, neither gain the upperhand. Meanwhile, in the real world, the Fire Nation Palace is attacked by rebels but the Gaang are dealing with their own attacks. Back in the Spirit World things aren't looking too good as if Aang dies in the Spirit World, his body will be left to be taken over. The battle continues into a tunnel and after a considerable amount of time, Aang defeats the past life when the Face Stealer Spirit takes the face of the past life, leaving them unable to take over Aang's body.

But it is not over yet! Aang comes back to the physical world to see the attacks all over the world but is unsure in which direction to go. He has two main choices, South Pole or Fire Palace. In the end he goes to rescue Katara who is easily holding off most of the rebels. However, in the palace, things don't look too good when Mai is attacked and left for dead in her chambers. Zuko reveals the identity of the leader to be Long Fen and the battle ensues.

Tell me, what do you think so far? Sorry it is so long.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Needs more Jeong Jeong.

And incanrations can go either way; the future or past. I'd be interested to see both, to see how advancements in technology made a differents. Life before the Fire Nation had tanks or even when the Water Trbie gets airplanes.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Guys, I know the kid who voices Aang. A new series is NOT happening.

Nice try though, the finale was pretty awesome, with a few plot holes of course. Maybe a spinoff, but Avatar is done. Period.

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
I think that the fire lord would start learning fire bending again and atk :p

Maybe The air benders get mad of what the fire nation did to their ancestors and destroy the fire benders and theres only 1 fire bender, or they get rid of what the next avatarr's main bending power is and he has to fight the airbenders :D

Manchee

extra toasty
MM said:
Guys, I know the kid who voices Aang. A new series is NOT happening.

Nice try though, the finale was pretty awesome, with a few plot holes of course. Maybe a spinoff, but Avatar is done. Period.

I know, but if you think about it, they could just get a new Aang voice person. Or since it might/would be called the "incarnation series," they might not have to include Aang god I hope for that.

Kaim_Fabuyashi said:

~Kaim

Yuppers. TAKE THAT LR, no I'm just kidding And with what KF said is true (since anyone can edit pages on Wikipedia) then a Book 4: Air might make sense. Oh well, even if they don't use the Book 4 concept, I'm still hoping for a spin-off. Nickalodeon(sp?) has crappy shows that wont last much longer. Avatar was a really big attraction...well when they actually had a regular airing pattern.

The ending to sozins comet was too obvious :( Fire lord put down without getting killed, Azula put down, Aang+katara, zuko+may, and saka+suki.
Still was good though.