• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

bad andy

Soul Trainer
How come I have to click on a link to see a person's avatar now? I don't pop in as much as I used to so it's kinda new to me. When did this start and is there and option I can click to where I don't have to click on a link to see them and just have them appear on their own? Is my browser broken?

I see avatars just fine. Maybe clear your cookies/cache or something and see if that works?

Fox

Where's my fanfare?
What browser do you use? FireFox? Internet Explorer? Netscape? Safari?

Are you using any of the following:
http://www.serebiiforums.com
http://forums.serebiiforums.com
http://serebiiforums.com

(for anyone asking why I bring this up, click on each link yourself and note that the one you regularly go to kept you logged in, while the other two logged you out. That is, of course, if you didn't log into all three or two out of the three)

There are a few serebiiforum.com variants that were used a while ago that don't work properly anymore. I believe one is http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums along with any IPs.

Other than that, it might just mean your connection or computer is slow, and the images fail to load in time.

For me, sometimes when I load a page, it says it loaded completely, but in the place of some people's avatars, there's a link that says "____'s Avatar". This also shows when the page is not done loading, so perhaps you aren't waiting long enough.

S

SexyGuitarGirl0000

idk...all this stuff is kinda new to me too

S

SexyGuitarGirl0000

ha

this site is the best i so love it!!!!!!!!

Kasumi Christie

Kate! *Clings*
That's odd, i've never experienced it before. I don't know it could be the speed of your computer when it loads images or something.

Oh, and don't triple post it's against the rules and so is going off topic. ^^; You might want to read them.

E

Ethereal

And this is the rule YOU broke:

Rule 1 said:
Do Not SPAM.

You added nothing to the topic, therefore, you SPAMmed. Also, you minimodded. :/

On topic: I think it just depends on which forum skin you use. For example, this problem happens with the G/S skin, as someone brought to my attention. I mentioned it to Joe, but he never even attempted to respond. I'm sure many more unused skins have this problem as well.

Prelude

Prelude
Eternal said:
You added nothing to the topic, therefore, you SPAMmed.

Whoops...*looks embarrassed*

Eternal said:
I mentioned it to Joe, but he never even attempted to respond.

Is he always like that?

Eternal said:
I'm sure many more unused skins have this problem as well.

Is it for all avatars or some? And why doesn't someone check to see which ones have that problem? (I'm just a tad too lazy ^^)

And for the skin problem, some Mod/Admin can put up a poll that asks which skins the members have problems with...

Last edited:

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
1. If you have a slow modem, it could be some kind of a slow connection setting of the site, but probably not.

2. Your browser or browser-used DLL's might have some minor glitches. I, for example, have to press Stop and Refresh to see a page in a new window because of a faulty DLL.

3. Could be the skin you are using.

bad andy

Soul Trainer
Fox said:
What browser do you use? FireFox? Internet Explorer? Netscape? Safari?

I'm using FireFox. Could that be why? I'll look through my options (I just hope I don't botch up my browser >.<)

FoxAre you using any of the following: [url said:

I never knew there were multiple but all of them are the same- no avatars show up but instead a link that I can click to see it in another window.

Fox said:
Other than that, it might just mean your connection or computer is slow, and the images fail to load in time.

For me, sometimes when I load a page, it says it loaded completely, but in the place of some people's avatars, there's a link that says "____'s Avatar". This also shows when the page is not done loading, so perhaps you aren't waiting long enough.

Maybe that's it? I'll leave the page alone for 5 minutes to test it this theory and see if they load.

edit: Nope. They're still a link. Sucks since the avatars help me remember who's who.

Last edited:
C

Carpetted!

Why don't you go to the library and try one of their computers? Then you can tell if the problem's with your comp or not.

Eszett

one love
Firstly, check to make sure that you have avatars enabled (go to User CP -> Edit Options and see if Show Avatars is selected). If not, enable it and save the changes to see if it works.

If if is (or the aforementioned process didn't work), switch to another skin, deselect the option and save, then select it and save. If it works, switch back to the skin of your choice. If not, reply back here.

Goose Gladwell said:
Is it for all avatars or some? And why doesn't someone check to see which ones have that problem? (I'm just a tad too lazy ^^)
[/COLOR]
It's for all of them on the G/S skin. I've used it and could not see any of them. I'll check to see which ones have the probem too. >.>
~WF ;000;

Prelude

Prelude
I just checked...and all of them work except for the G/S skin, just as Water Flower said...and I'm a little blinded from the Normal/Happy style...

bad andy

Soul Trainer
Eszett said:
Firstly, check to make sure that you have avatars enabled (go to User CP -> Edit Options and see if Show Avatars is selected). If not, enable it and save the changes to see if it works.

If if is (or the aforementioned process didn't work), switch to another skin, deselect the option and save, then select it and save. If it works, switch back to the skin of your choice. If not, reply back here.

That worked! I guess it was just the skin I was using (Pokémon Gold/Silver) Thanks for the suggestion!