• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

AVG Update problem

Kazuki Mirai

I don't know why, but AVG kept on saying it's out of date. I tried updating but it says there's no new updates.

porygonfan

In your case you might want to fully uninstall AVG, and re-install it again. I had this issue in the past with the old AVG and that fixed the problem for good. Tell me how it goes if you decide to.

Cobalt_Latios

I've had that problem too. Look for a program called: deleteupdatefiles.exe and download it. Run it. After you've run it, try to run the updates. It should work now.

This is if you've have the CTF error.

~C_L~

Ice Dingo

I don't know if this is the same thing, but today AVG was doing that to me too except mine couldn't connect to the update server. I came back a few hours later and it worked just fine. Maybe you have/had the same problem.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
I can't update my AVG because it says I have an invalid Update Control CTF file. What does that mean and how do I fix it? I keep getting error messages saying my anti-virus is outdated, but I can't update.

porygonfan

I can't update my AVG because it says I have an invalid Update Control CTF file. What does that mean and how do I fix it? I keep getting error messages saying my anti-virus is outdated, but I can't update.

Uninstall AVG and re-install. That should fix it.