• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awakening of Darkness: an AAMayL fic

How do you like my chaps so far?

• Total voters

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Silver_Lugia said:
Oohhh!Me love it!
thanks. I'm not feeling well today, and probably won't be tomorrow, but I'll still try to work on the fic if you guys want it.

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Awww, most of the AAMayL fics haven't updated for quite a while, compared to most other fics. Its a shame. =\ I hope the new chap comes soon. :)

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Don't worry, I'll get it done. I won't make you-- and others --wait long! ;)

A

Ash Legendary Hero

Is very funny and cool! keep writing! but it needs more length

B

Bladzer

Elite Arbiter, I know you know me, anyways, now im very impatient, sorry, but you are taking a long time to update your next chapter, can you please update soon, it just might happen that this thread might closed!

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Come one come all!

Hey guys… Sorry for the wait, I got grounded for a long time, and I’m just getting off it today. I’m finishing up Ch 6 now, okay? And don't be sorry Bladzer. I'm impatient too, you're not the only one.

Edit: I finished the chap, here ya go:

As you may or may not remember, Ash and May had just confessed their love for each other in the last chap. The problem is, Max had been watching, and videotaping the entire thing! I wonder what that little rascal is planning… You’ll have to wait to find out, but in the meantime……

Chapter 6: A Common Foe

“Well… I guess we should go back to the house and open the rest of the presents, shouldn’t we?” Ash asked May.

May looked at Ash for a moment and answered. “Yeah. Let’s go back.”

“Okay.” Ash replied, “Suicune, return!” He yelled as Suicune disappeared into the Poke ball with a flash of red light.

Max was still hiding in the bushes holding his video camera with a sly look on his face. “Oh boy…. I can’t wait until Mom sees this! She’s gonna flip!” He said to himself, snickering as he ran to beat Ash and May back to the house.

When they all returned to the house, everyone finished opening their presents, and when Ash got to his final one and opened it, he had an amazed look on his face. “Is this what I think it is?!”

Everyone nodded their heads, and Caroline answered. “Yep, It’s an advanced P*DA or Pokemon Digital Assistant. The reason it’s an advanced one is because it can not only identify every Pokemon seen so far, but it can identify anything. There are only a few of these in the world.” Misty stared at it as Caroline explained how it worked.

“That’s pretty cool” She said as she continued staring at it in awe.

“So how did you get one,” Ash asked with a confused look on his face, “if there are only a few?”

Norman thought. “Remember that day when you saw us in Verdanturf town? We just went in the Poke mart and found one of these hidden on the shelf. Apparently it was some sort of promotion or something because when we picked it up, the store manager came out and told us we could have it for free. Lucky, huh?”

“Wow…” Ash said “thanks, but we should get going now. Malek is still out there and we still have to stop him!”

“But don’t worry,” May added, “We’ll call and check in every once and a while, okay?”

Max just remembered the video tape. “Wait! Mom, I have something to show you and the rest of you all…” he said as he laughed quietly. He put the tape in the VCR and pressed “play.” It replayed everything they said a couple hours ago. When it finished, Misty’s eyes started to water as if she was crying. Truth is, she was crying.

“Ash…” She started, “I thought you liked me. After all the time we spent together, I thought you… you know, liked me…” She continued crying.

Ash felt bad about Misty and tried to cheer her up. “Sorry Misty…. I did like you, before I met May, but….” He stopped and thought about it. ‘What do I tell her? If I say I like May more, then that will completely devastate Misty… But if I say I liked Misty the whole time, May will be furious… Wait… that’s it!’

“You can still travel with us Misty. If you still want to, that is. But we really have to go now, so make up your mind.” Ash finished, while May growled silently and glared at Misty.

Misty thought for a moment before answering. “Well… Okay, but who’s Malek? And what do you have to stop him for?” She was clueless.

“I’m sure Ash will explain along the way Misty. Bye Mom, bye Dad!” May said as she ran out the door with the rest of the gang. As the group ran, they heard an aircraft landing nearby.

“Whoa….. What was that?” Ash asked. “Sounds like an airplane, and it feels like it too. Let’s check it out!” He continued as he felt the wind from the landing plane. They ran into the clearing to see what was going on.

“It is an airplane, Ash you were right! But what type is it?” May commented.

Ash thought for a minute. “I know, I’ll check the P*DA! Your mom said it can identify anything, right? So let’s try it with the plane!”

Ash opened up the P*DA and an image of the very same plane appeared on the screen. Ash read along with the text on the screen. “RS-17-- this plane is thought to be discontinued, also even thought to never exist, as it is only a prototype of the actual aircraft. Its forward-swept wings allow for sharper and faster turning, while the weapons system is the most advanced in the world. Its strongest weapons are two Delta Lasers, which can devastate an entire air force if used correctly. The lasers fire out as one single beam, then they each split into 3 smaller lasers and surround the enemy, detonating with a powerful blast. After firing, it recharges slowly to be used again and again. This plane is also small and compact, enabling improved evasiveness during combat. With this weapon, along with a massive payload of over 300 missiles, and 2 high-speed engines capable of reaching over 200,000 mph, the RS-17 is the most sought after aircraft in this world and beyond.” Ash finished and closed the P*DA, as the cockpit opened and a boy, looking to be almost 17, stepped out.

May stared at the older boy, along with the rest of the gang. He noticed them and came over.

“Hey there!” He said in an almost childish, though welcoming voice. “My name’s Silva, Silva Shadow. My real name is Michael, but don’t call me that, okay? That girl’s name is— Oh where’d she get off to this time?” He said groaning, and glanced around looking for someone.

“I’m still inside the plane!” A girl yelled out. “Not exactly easy to get out when you’re as dizzy as I am right now!”

Silva laughed. “Well, get out here! I have some friends you might want to meet!” He said as a beautiful young girl stepped out of the plane, her long black hair blowing in the wind. Ash was drooling along with Brock until May slapped him across the back of the head.

“Hello there.” She said in a shy voice. “My name’s Kala Blackbird. Nice to meet you.” She added as she smiled and kissed Ash, Brock, and even Max on the cheek. Brock, as Ash would’ve guessed, fell over in love.

Silva whispered to Brock, “Back off, buddy. She’s mine.”

“We’re already your friends?” Ash asked. “And exactly how old are the two of you?”

Silva looked at Ash for a moment before answering. “Well, I’d be anyone’s friend after what just happened to us! This evil spirit named Malek almost destroyed us after he caught us sneaking around his fortress…. It was a close call, and he probably moved to another location by now. We have no idea where he could’ve gone…”

Ash opened his eyes wide. “Did you say Malek?! You ran into him?!”

“Yeah. Oh, and I’m 16. Silva is 15.” Kala answered Ash’s question with still a shy voice. “Malek almost had us, but thanks to Silva, we managed to escape. Silva’s a pretty good pilot if you ask me.” She looked at the ground nervously while she talked, but Ash noticed her sapphire-blue eyes, and it reminded him of Caroline’s eyes.

“We’ve had trouble with Malek a lot too, and he even tried to get rid of me 3 times. It seems we share a common foe. And he gets stronger with each encounter. He isn’t all evil though.” Ash commented.

Silva looked at Ash in surprise. “What do you mean ‘isn’t all evil’?”

“We got a chance to talk to him before the whole evil transformation.” May said. “If I remember right, this is almost exactly what he said: ‘I am not really evil, I’m being possessed by an evil spirit. I will tell you the story of my true identity, but I do not have much time. My evil personality will soon take over permanently. This is how it all started……… It all started when I found this mystical amulet and unleashed its true power by pulling it from a stone deep inside the Oracle Caves and placing it around my neck. It was then a sleeping dark spirit that hadn’t awakened until a couple weeks ago inhabited my soul, which was when I first met you. When it awakened, it saw you and decided that your spiky black hair and shining black eyes made you look intimidating, and chose to test this theory. His urge to be the strongest person in the world made him invincible to any attack. That is his one true weakness: Make him feel weak and he will become weak, but it is not easy to trick him. Do that and victory is yours! One more thing: if you defeat the Darkness within me, it will be gone forever, leaving me free to re-inhabit my body. I’m counting on you!’ Then he transformed into the lovable shadow he is now.” May giggled as she finished.

“So…. He wasn’t evil for his entire life? We have to figure this out, and I know exactly where to go to find out the new location of his fortress. Think you can keep up?” Silva smiled as he jumped into the plane with Kala closely behind.

Ash laughed. “Oh I’ll do better than that! Flygon,” He called as the green Dragon Pokemon exploded from the Poke ball with a blinding light as it did the last few times. “You ready for this?” He asked as the Pokemon growled affirmatively, as if it wanted to just say ‘You’re going down, punk!’

“Hey, that Flygon looks pretty strong Ash!” Silva commented, looking at Flygon. “I have an idea. What do ya say to a battle, here and now? One pokémon each?”

“Sounds good to me!” Ash replied, smiling. “Flygon, you’re already out, so you first! Go on out, now!” He commanded as Flygon roared and flew into battle. ‘I’d better be careful…’ Ash thought. ‘I don’t know any of Silva’s pokémon, or any of his strategies. This could be a tough battle…’

“So… you’re going to use Flygon?” Silva taunted. “Then I’d better use this!” He said as he threw out a green and red pokéball, appearing to be a great ball, and another blinding flash of white light revealed a Dragonair.

“Wow… A dragonair….” May announced. “That’s going to be tough to beat, Ash!”

“I know. But I have to try my best! Flygon, use Sunny Day!” Ash commanded as Flygon’s eyes turned a bright orange, followed closely by bright sunlight reflected in its eyes.

“He’s planning something…” Silva said to himself. “That can’t be good. Dragonair, Fire an ice beam at Flygon, now!”

Ash was stunned. “What?! An ice beam? Flygon, get into the air, now and launch a Solarbeam!” Ash said in a proud voice. “Know why I used Sunny day now?”

“Yeah… I knew way before you even sent Flygon into battle. But I didn’t expect Flygon to be that fast… Dragonair can’t avoid that Solarbeam in time. Congratulations Ash.” Silva smirked.

“What? Are you psychic or something?” May questioned.

Silva smiled again. “That’s exactly it. I am psychic. I can tell the future, read minds, and even lift things with my psychic abilities. So, what do you say we get going now? If we leave now, we can make it to our destination by sunset.”

“Good idea.” Ash replied as he hopped onto Flygon’s back and lifted into the air along with the RS-17. Silva was serious about racing and Ash wasn’t about to give up either. Before they both speeded off, Ash let May & Brock borrow Salamence and let Max use Swellow so they could keep up too. This was going to be a tough race.

“Just try to keep up.” Silva taunted.

I know this chapter took a long time to get done, but I finally completed it after being grounded for a while. If I say so myself, I liked the ending to this one, but you guys most likely have differet opinions. I also liked the RS-17's description. I made it myself. Nothing much to say here, except that I hope you guys didn’t get too impatient. The next one is being started now, so it won’t take very long.

Last edited:

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Yay, a new chapter :D Heh, the videotaping was a nice addition. The battle could use some more description though. Anyway, cool chapter, I hope to see a new one soon.

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
It was supposed to be a quick battle, but yeah, it could've still had more description. And thanks for replying so quickly, neopolis3! :D Keep 'em coming!

Red-Kun

Yay! Pit!
finaly for long time a new chap and really good! keep the good work

S

Shiny May

it's a nice chap, battle was a tad rushed and all but you wanted to keep it small so that makes it ok. But it was good, hope to see more soon!

B

Bladzer

Awakening of Darkness: and AAMAYL fic

I loved even the part with all the battling it was very interesting. I hope that you now don't get punished and get to write the next chapter really soon! Later ;386-d;

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Thanks everyone! I'm sure a lot of you out there still haven't replied, so do it when you get a chance, M'kay? I like saying m'kay now.... dunno why. lol

EDIT (off-topic): I know why now! It reminds me of the Guidance Counselor from south park. What was his name again?

Last edited:
M

Miss Priss

I don't watch SouthPark, so I wouldn't know,... But the fic is great so far! Hope you can make a new chap soon! Keep up the good work, m'kay?:surfpika:

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
*laughs* good one BeAuTiFuL mAy! *cries* okay, on a more serious note: I had my entire story saved on one file, right? yeah. The thing is, the file got deleted somehow and I can't get it back. So, can any of you help me out with this, and copy the whole thing so far and send it to me in a PM? Your help will be greatly appreciated and I'll even give you a cookie of your choice! lol. Btw, that also means I have to start the 7th chap over again...... sorry...

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
BeAuTiFuL mAy said:
I just sent you all the chapters by PM, so I hope you can finish the next one soon!

Thanks, and it really did help! See?

That chap took a while, and I’m sorry about that, but this one is going to a little shorter. Now as you remember, Ash and the group had met two new friends: Silva, and Kala. (Not the Silva from Pokemon Colosseum!) Ash had a quick battle with Silva, and ended up beating him. They then discovered Silva had psychic powers. Now, Ash, May, Misty, Max, and Brock are going to race Silva and Kala to a place where they would discover the way to Malek’s fortress! (However, the story will trail away from the main character—Malek, if you didn’t know—for a few more chapters)

Chapter 7: Ancient Revivals

With Ash on Flygon, May and Brock on Salamence, Max riding Swellow by himself, and Silva and Kala in the RS-17, they all were confident that they would win. But there could only be one winner….

“Who’s going to count down to start the race?” Max said. “Or are we going to sit here all day?”

“Oh…” Ash laughed nervously, “I forgot… I’ll count down. 3……2……”

Silva interrupted. “Hey, wait. Ash, take this.” He said as he threw a communicator-type device to Ash. “I won’t hear you through the roaring wind unless you use this. If you have anything to say, that is. Well, besides when you give up.” He snickered.

“Oh, okay. Ha, Ha, Ha. But shouldn’t they have one too?” He said pointing to his friends.
“I don’t have enough for all of them, but I do have one for two of your friends.” He explained. “He,” he started, pointing to Brock, “won’t need one since they’re riding together.”

“That’s all right with me. Anyway, let’s get back to the race. 3……2……1…… GO!” Ash yelled as everyone sped off into the sky. Silva, of course, was in the lead. However, he was going too fast for Kala, and made her pass out… ‘If only she could see me win this race!’ he thought. ‘Then she’d really be impressed!’

Ash was keeping up closely with Silva, May was a little far behind and Max was trailing way-y-y-y-y behind. “Hey guys, wait up!!!” He yelled through the ripping air.

“Oh, Silva, we forgot to introduce ourselves properly.” Ash said through the communicator.

“I know you all too well, Ash. You’ve been all over the news lately. But who are your friends?”

Ash turned around and said, “That’s May, that’s Brock, and that’s Max— wherever he is….” He said as he pointed to them, respectively.

Silva laughed at the fact of how far back Max was. “You know Kala’s name and everything, but her real name is...”

“My real name is Stephanie. But you may find that Kala is easier to remember.” She said, waking up from her previous state.

They were all speeding along at their top speeds— except Silva of course. If he was, Kala’d be knocked out cold still and he’d be there already anyway.

May looked ahead from their current position and noticed something weird. “What’s with that dark patch of water over there?” She asked Ash. “I know we’re over the deep sea, but it shouldn’t be that dark, should it?”

Silva thought about that for a second and answered. “Hmm…. you’re right May…. Let’s go check it out!” He said as they landed on a nearby island.

“How are we going to get there?” May asked. “We have no water Pokemon.”
Silva smiled. “We do. Come on out, Lanturn, and Crawdaunt!” He called as he threw two Pokéballs out and revealed the two Pokemon which he called the name of.

It was Kala’s turn to send out her Pokemon. “Oh, you too, Feraligatr, Vaporeon, and Mantine!” She said spinning gracefully as she did the same thing Silva did.

Now Brock sent out his Pokemon. “Go, Swampert, and Ludicolo!” He commanded as they exploded from their Pokéballs, while Max finally caught up and landed with the rest of the group.

“Now what’s going on?” He asked confusedly. “Why are all these water Pokemon out?”

“Just follow us.” May said, “You ride Ludicolo, okay?”

“Uh… Okay,” Max said uncertainly. “But what’s going on?!”

Silva looked at Max in a weird way. “Not even I know, kid…. Maybe we can dive down there and see about it.”

“Who’re you callin’ kid?!” Max yelled angrily.

“Good idea. Let’s go!” Brock suggested as they all went to the spot in the water. Then they all told the Pokemon they were riding on to use Dive. When all of them were underwater, Ash looked around.

“Wow…. This is deep… It’ll take us forever to explore this sea. Why don’t we split up and search separately?” Ash suggested.

Silva shook his head. “No, we can’t. It could be too risky exploring around here alone. If we’re attacked by something, what are we going to do to fight back?”

Ash nodded. “You’re right…. Let’s go then.”

“What ocean is this anyway?” Silva asked.

Max looked at the PokeNav. “Hmm…. This is the Sea of Legends, but why is it named that?”

A shadow moved behind Max. He turned around so quick it startled everyone else. “What was that?!” Max screamed.

“We’re not alone down here. And whatever’s down here with us… seems pretty big.” Kala commented as Ash and Silva gulped. Then Pikachu perked its ears up.

“What’s up, Pikachu?” Ash asked his little mouse Pokemon. “Ya hear something?” Then they all heard some sort of singing.

Pikachu nodded. “Pika, Pikachu… Pika!” It shrieked as it pointed below them.
Silva looked where Pikachu was pointing. “Lanturn, use Flash attack now!” He commanded as Lanturn lit up the area. They saw a reef, some fish, and a trench, but nothing else— before they noticed a silver Pokemon with blue spikes on its back…. It appeared to be charging some sort of beam and looking directly at them.

Silva’s eyes widened. “Is that…. a…. Lugia?! I gotta have it!” He said as he reached into his backpack and took out a purple-and-black Pokéball. “Master Ball, go!” He threw it as the beam Lugia was charging fired at him.

Ash stared in surprise. “You had a Master Ball?” He asked while Silva was too busy concentrating to answer.

The ball hit Lugia just before the beam hit Silva. It was less than ½ an inch away from hitting him. Then it disappeared. The ball shook three times after it touched Lugia and it disappeared along with the beam. After the third shake, the ball closed tight and Lugia was caught. Silva smiled and said, “Yeah, don’t you have one too?” Ash looked at him nervously as Silva continued. “Hey, look over there! There’s a cave!”

Max checked the PokeNav again. “Apparently that’s the Ancient Element Cave. Let’s go see!” Everybody swam towards it with Ash & Silva in front. The entrance was small, but they could just fit in if they went in single file. When they were in, it felt like they weren’t underwater anymore. As soon as he was in, Silva noticed symbols of some sort on the wall.

“What could these mean?” He asked as he pointed to each one. “Water, Earth, Air, Lightning, Fire, Ice…. What could they be symbolizing?” They all kept exploring through the cave until they reached a huge chamber. There were 3 rows of legendary Pokemon statues in certain poses: Kyogre, Groudon were on the ground, Rayquaza was above Kyogre and Groudon in the middle, and Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno were in the air above all three.

“These statues look so… so real!” Ash exclaimed. Pikachu jumped off of its usual perch on Ash’s shoulder to examine the statues. Silva was about to warn Ash, but he was too busy staring at the stone structures, so Silva just grabbed Pikachu himself. Pikachu was startled by the sudden action and let out a Thunderbolt which hit the Kyogre statue, then jumped swiftly to the next until it hit the Articuno replica at the end.

All of a sudden, the statues started cracking along with the room shaking. A hole in the ceiling cracked open and water was pouring in. The statues had become……
“REAL POKEMON?!” May screamed. “THEY WERE REAL POKEMON?!”

Ash gasped as the four flying-type Legendaries flew out through the hole in the ceiling, and Kyogre swam out through the water pouring in. Naturally, Groudon dug out through a hole in the ground. “No wonder they looked so real… Anyway, we’ve gotta get outta here, now before it the chamber floods!” They all turned around and ran…. Straight into a closed door!

Silva looked around quickly. “We’re closed in! And the chamber is almost flooded! Wait…. The hole that Groudon dug! Let’s go through that!”

May looked doubtful, but it was their only hope. “Okay, but I trust you here Silva! You can’t afford to be wrong now!”

Will they escape the flood? I hope so! Don’t you? I can’t say much here either, except was that good or what?! Hope you think so too!

~SS ;rukario;

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Of course they'll escape the flood :D Because that's what happens in almost all fics.

By the way, you should add a rating to the first post if it's not already there. Else, this topic might get closed, and we wouldn't want that to happen...

M

Miss Priss

Aw man! Second to review! *pouts and gets over it* Oh well. I really do think they're going to get out, why wouldn't they? I liked the chapter, it was well worth the wait. Hope you can make the next chapter really, really shippy! Remember, you're doing good!

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Thanks, I'll get on that right away, neopolis3! Any more new replies?

E

Ember

Awesome! I agree with Beautiful May in saying that I hope that you make the next chap really shippy. Keep up the great work!

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Thanks ladies, and man. Neopolis must be so left out being the only male to have replied to ch 7 so far.... ^^; lol j/k I'm still waiting for more replies!