• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awakening of Darkness: an AAMayL fic

How do you like my chaps so far?

• Total voters

XD003 DARK METAL LUGIA

Supreme Memelord
I found a shortcut to the file of Awakening of Darkness (thankfully) so the story shall continue!! I handwrote it first during class all this week, but I'm typing it on word now so as soon as it's typed up i'll edit it into this post. I bet you can't wait!! =P

~Shadow~ ;manyula;

.................. Are You Kidding. Cause If You Are Stop Now, You Of All People Should Know How I Get When I'm Mad.

BTW, What Classes Did You Get This Year.

Edit: My final guess is, this story is over....

Last edited:

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
I'm back! ^^

Wow... Seems like everyone left... All the people I knew are gone... Well, except two. Lol

Anyway, this time for real, I am GOING to get this done... I have the next 3 chapters written in my notebook, so this WILL get done!

Anyone who's still here, thanks for staying and keep an eye out!

~Shadow~

XD003 DARK METAL LUGIA

Supreme Memelord
damn thing wont let me edit my post... maybe it's my computer :/
BTW, shadow, how many chapters are you up to in your notebook, and as a guess, how many chapters will this story have before it is done.

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
damn thing wont let me edit my post... maybe it's my computer :/
BTW, shadow, how many chapters are you up to in your notebook, and as a guess, how many chapters will this story have before it is done.

I'm in the middle of the 17th Chapter in teh notebook of doom..ness.....

I have NO CLUE when it'll be done lol

Oh and Andrew, did you get Diamond or Pearl? If so, what's your FC?
I think it's about time that we battle each other....

~Shadow~

XD003 DARK METAL LUGIA

Supreme Memelord
u dare challange the great and powerfull XD003, OK
i'll get it in a sec..
notebook of doom.... sometimes you scare me.

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
And sometimes YOU scare ME. But who's paying attention. And yes, I DARE CHALLENGE YOU!! Any rules? Btw, FC is 3479-9048-4186.

EDIT: To everyone else, I'm gonna finish hand-writing Ch. 17 first, then I'll post whichever's next in line!

~Shadow~

Last edited:

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Alright, I know I've been saying this forever... But I will get the next chapter up as SOON as I can. It's really only a matter of how lazy I can be with computers. I have 14-16 COMPLETED in my notebook, and 17's... I'd say, halfway done? I'm not saying it'll be posted tomorrow, but it will be posted. This time for real.

~Shadow~

XD003 DARK METAL LUGIA

Supreme Memelord
-walks in- Shadow, your just like me with stories, Devoted, but lazy and forgetful when it comes to posting... or am I becoming like you. Bah, I don't know which. Anyways, I'm sure people are expecting it, so try and post the next chapter soon.

~XD003~
[Great... Now I know where I got the ~XD003~ thing from @_@]
Edit: Oh god... was I really that noobish back then @_@

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
Guess whaaaaaaat? =3

I'll edit in my usual little recap before each chapter when I get home. That stuff isn't written down in my notebook, so... Yeah.

Ash has one of the six elemental gems, the Volcan Ruby, in his possesion now. Of course, it wasn’t easy… Would you like to face Volcanus and find out for yourself? Too bad, because he’s not real… (Patent pending XD) Now Ash will venture through the next Elemental Island, and face the temple guardian there… Will he prevail? As long as I’m writing this story, I’ll never tell… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Sorry bout that…)

Chapter 14: The Elemental Islands: The Lightning Plains

As the group neared the next Elemental Island, Ash felt his confidence rising. A victory over Volcanus --no matter how close it had gotten many times-- meant they were one step closer to Malek. But one thing troubled Silva, and it was just that: Ash's confidence was too high.

"Ash... Don't get too overconfident." Silva warned him. "If you do, Klystron's going to destroy us all. Volcanus killed himself; We barely did a thing to him on our own..."

Ash only laughed. "Ha! Volcanus was weak! How much tougher could Klystron be? He can't be much smarter either..." He laughed again.

Kala sighed. “Silva’s right Ash. Klystron is the evolved form of Raikou and just because Malek forced him to evolve, which couldn’t possibly make it any weaker than its previous form would be.” She looked back to the ever closer chain of elemental islands.

It wasn't a long trip between each island; three to four minutes at the longest. So before they knew it, they were at the Lightning Plains.

"Ash, Misty, May-- Hey, wait... Where's Misty?!" Silva sighed. 'We're dead if we keep this up...' He thought.

May looked around for a bit, then remembered. "Oh right! Misty went back to Cerulean City. Her sisters called her and said they needed her to watch the gym again. Man, I'd hate to have sisters like that!" She smiled, even though she knew that one less teammate meant one less chance of winning against Klystron and the other four temple guards that still remained.

“And Gary?” Silva asked. “Where’s he?”

“He decided not to get involved in all of this ‘saving the world’ business. I guess he wanted Ash to do something for once.” Brock answered almost instantly. Ash burned up at what Gary said. He was sick of Gary thinking he was the best at everything.

“Ha! I’ll show you Gary! I’ll show the entire world that I can be a hero too!” Ash bursted out suddenly, yelling so loud that Malek probably heard it at his base.

“Uh… huh. Yeah you do that Ash.” Silva laughed. “Anyway… Where’d Max go, May?”

“Oh didn’t I tell you? I sent him back home because Mom and Dad said this was too dangerous for him…. He put up quite a fight before we convinced him. We had to tell him Mom had all of his favorite snacks and other things waiting at home!” She grinned.

Just then, a blue bolt of lightning flashed right past Silva, and nearly struck Lugia. "Whoa! That lightning managed to get past my psychic senses! Something's wrong here. How could lightning be so accurate...?" His eyes narrowed as he spoke the next part. "Klystron... I know you're out there!" His voice got quiet again. "And it seems... You know we're here..."

Naturally, Ash tried to scan for any sign of Klystron to figure out where to go next, but no luck. Not a single one.

A bolt of lightning flashed again, but this time, it struck Ash directly. Luckily, being with Pikachu for almost six years, he built up an immunity to electricity... Being shocked constantly in their earlier years came in handy. Granted, he wasn't completely unaffected, the results were less than harmful.

Kala and Brock both glanced over to Ash. "Uh... Are you okay, Ash?" They asked the same question at the same time, looked at each other, and looked away, their faces turning red.

But May was worried the most. "Ash! Get over here before you get struck again! I don't know what I'd do if..." She stopped mid-sentence, and kept quiet afterwards.

"Relax, May... It's a fact that lightning never strikes twice in the same spot." Ash reassured May. But he couldn't reassure himself...

"Are you sure about--" BZZT! Silva was cut off by another burst of lightning. And ironically, it nailed Ash yet again.

Ash tried to speak, but he had a hard time with the sudden jolts of electricity going through his body. "Maybe we s-should g-g-go inside the t-t-t-temple before we g-g-get s-s-shocked again!"

Silva tried to not to laugh but he wasn't doing very well. He broke out in laughter within a few seconds, but calmed down just as fast. "Yeah. Let's go."

Kala had to ruin the moment. "But um... Where is the temple?"

Silva frowned. "Right... I say we watch for lightning to strike again, and watch where it comes from." And within a minute at the most, sure enough, another flash illuminated the night sky. As if by instinct alone, Silva turned his head to the left and saw a building in the distance for the split second the sky was lit up. "What's that over there? It looked like... An abandoned power plant, I think. And I saw two of Malek's guards at the door... That must be it."

Ash glared at him, smiling. "Ya think?"

"Oh, real funny." Silva laughed. "You wanna make jokes or save the world?"

"Hm... Let me think." Ash obviously chose option 'A' for the moment, but he knew exactly what he had to do.

"Okay, okay. Enough jokes, Ash." Silva said, seemingly annoyed now. "We're gonna need a plan to get in there without the guards, or Klystron for that matter, noticing us." He looked over to the temple, again seen thanks to another flash. The guards remained standing there vigilantly. "For one, we have to get over there. Seems like the lightning's striking in a pattern... Certain intervals of time... A minute and a half, maybe? Just make sure you're away from any of these dead trees when the lightning will strike. Should be no problem. Understand? After the next strike, make a break for it, everyone."

A figure eyed the group from the darkness... "Three boys and two girls on the island? Great. There goes all my plans." He sighed, hid in the darkness, and rolled a Pokeball in front of the guards. They looked at each other quizzically, then purple gas sprayed at them out of it. They fell to the ground, snoring.

Now standing at the doors and wondering what happened to the guards, Silva decided to take credit. "Ha!" He cheered. "Worked like a charm! Great plan, huh?"

Ash blinked questioningly. "Not what... I had in mind..."

"How secret agent-esque." Kala smiled.

May just stared blankly, and Brock's mouth hung open as he stared at the temple.

"O...kay. Anyway, let's move before they wake up!" Silva commanded. "We gotta get in there quick or Klystron will see us coming and stop us!"

'Jeez...' Ash thought. "Since when are you the leader?" He asked bitterly.

"Since I met you." Silva snapped, passing Ash without a hint of eye contact. He reached the familiar-looking double doors and looked up at them. They reminded him and Ash of the Volcan Mountain fire temple, except it had a lightning bolt symbol on it rather than a small flame.

As Silva reached for the door, an electrical spark flared up and shocked him. It seemed the door was protected by barrier made of lightning.

"Some leader." Ash smirked. "Obviously it wouldn't be THAT easy, duh!"

Silva growled at Ash. "Ash... I said it once, I'll say it again-- ENOUGH JOKES!! If we don't get serious, we're gonna get killed by Klystron! You think he's gonna go easy on us if we make him laugh?! You think he'll avoid striking us with lightning if he sees we have a sense of humor? He'll probably kill us three times over for not taking him seriously!" Now he was really annoyed. "It's no wonder you've never won a league tournament yet! You're never serious enough to do anything right!"

Brock whispered over to May, smiling slightly. "Oooh, that struck a nerve..."

Ash was about ready to knock Silva across the head for that; Anyone could tell. "That's it, Silva! I am sick of you thinking you're the best, and that no one can beat you! Well guess what? Even if you ARE undefeated, that's gonna end now, right here!"

Silva simply laughed. "I hear ya bark, now let's see you bite! Bring it on!"

I did it. I finally overcame laziness, lol. Not my best, but then again it has been a while. I had it all written out since at least my 8th grade year, lol... It always looks better in the notebook when it's 6-7 pages long. ._.

So glad I have this Web Design class for a second time... I'm almost a full 6 months ahead of the class, so I have a lot of extra time. I should be able to type up chapter 15 and 16 at this rate as well. Good news, no? I just hope most of you guys haven't left or something... ^^;

Yeah, it's not very long, but I can assure you the next two or three will be... With a decent plot already in mind here, it should go quite well. =3

As I said to Meganium EX in a PM, I can be on here a lot more seeing as the loading times seem to have lessened up a bit. That and it's one of the few websites my school has yet to block. XD

~Shadow~

Last edited:
Really good chapter, you have truly shown improvement since when you first began this. I don't have the time to put in much input at the moment, but I hope you continue to write this story. Of course, I would recommend that a fresh start would be more appropriate, but I realize you don't have the time to rewrite your earlier chapters. Either way, let us all hope you continue and eventually end this story... before another three-year hiatus. :p *shot*

Silent Shadow

Earth Trainer
before another three-year hiatus.

Uncool, man.. Uncool. XD
I can guarantee the finishing of up to 17 for sure. I have 15-16 written down already and 17's... Half I guess? More or less, as long as I have this class, I'm good, lol. And either way, I'm not quitting so easily this time. All I gotta do is get back into the plot, really. Thanks for staying here long enough to see the story finally go on though. If anyone else sees this who I've known before, PM and let me know!

~Shadow~

Last edited:

XD003 DARK METAL LUGIA

Supreme Memelord
I'm probably going to end up getting in trouble for posting in a four month old topic, [I don't remember what the Time frame for being able to post on Inactive threads was], But, all I'm saying is this. One of these days man, you really have to sit down and just get out every idea you have on paper, Edit it, and post it. I know good stories take forever to post and finish, but this has gone on so long I've basically forgotten what happens in the first chapters, meaning I'm going to end up having to reread from scratch @.@
Either way, I know that it's a good story, I just really hope you finish it.. unlike I who have to work on a story, start it, then leave it for Dust to cling to it, then merge all stores I've made and are making into one big series with one big climatic ending.