• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awakening the Sleeping Giant (821)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ooooh lord, that Ally, what a jerkette. :p She ruined what could have been a great episode. It did have its highlights, though. Clemont was terrific in the last half of the episode, and at least an exploding invention came in handy this time. And furfrou's fro was funny too. Interesting that Jessie actually did get snorlax to wake up with her bad playing too. I liked James's crack that she'll have to practice for 500 years. LOL And Serena getting embarrassed by Clemont in his underwear was funny too.

6/10

JudySpell

Banned
When I saw the Snorlax in the preview images I immediately thought that it was Ash's. I'm disappointed that it wasn't and I didn't like Allie. 5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was nice seeing game locations like Koboku Town and the Parfum Palace, although the situation with Allie and the Pokemon Flute was unfortunate. Allie's selfishness was repellent, especially when she requested Satoshi's Pikachu in exchange for the Pokemon Flute. Thankfully, Citron managed to escape from her.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I would have liked to see the torture Clemont went through in that castle and I'm sure it would have been very entertaining. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the episode and Snorlax is always a memorable Pokemon. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
Everything in this episode seemed done before, just like the in game event it is based on. The little bits of humor like how bad Jessie was at playing the Pokeflute and the plot with Clemont helped make it not a chore to sit through, but it's a forgettable episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
The king guy's facial expressions and mannerisms were comical, and I loved the backgrounds when the Snorlax situation was explained and when the king told the gang of why he did not have the PokeFlute.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seeing as Kabigon had a role in this episode, I wish that Satoshi would've had a flashback to his Kabigon. I'm beginning to understand why many fans felt letdown by XY's lack of continuity with regard to references of previous events.

Clemont's line about unscientific selfishness gave me a laugh but other than that this was very much another XY filler episode making little progress. I am very disappointed with this slow pace in the beginning. There is no momentum leading to the next event. Also, at least this was an episode based off an event in the game, so props to them.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Snorlax during most of the episode describes it perfectly"

Episode: 2/10