• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awakening the Sleeping Giant (821)

diakyu

Wow, I thought this one was genuinely funny. Clemont continues to be one of the best XY characters.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm glad that Ash and pikachu crushed the spoiled brat in the battle,and Clemont. It was smart of him create a decoy of yourself to give the nasty one a split.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Wish Serena was the one fighting the bratty princess instead. It's about time she gets her first trainer battle. Jessie's flute skills are beyond amazing.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
This episode sounds amazing! Can't wait to watch it!

The princess deserved it

Bet on Pikachu: first mistake
Give them money and jewels for thier friend Pikachu: Second mistake
Take Clement: third mistake

She need to be blown up.

I like to see more girls asking Clemont to be with them.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Watch out everyone, we've got the anime's best male companion (Not counting best bro Brock) coming through..

Clemont wasn't promoted at all in the weeks leading up to this episode and he still ended up being the star. From the Time Wizard clock, to the calling Allie out on her bs, to him finally getting his wife, ending with him running in the streets with his bloomers, Clemont made me realize that he is now one of my favorite characters in the anime. Seriously, the episode was funny and it was cool, but his performance was crazy good and makes me want to slap myself for not liking him prior to the anime starting.

It was also a nice twist to have had Allie and Clemont being the ones to watch the fireworks instead of Ash and Serena, at least they acknowledged it, and my boy Clemont is making Brock proud by swooning the ladies where ever he goes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was boring aside from Allie's antics imo. Seeing Clemont shoved into the spotlight again was disappointing; he already got more attention than Serena in general, so why did the writers have to give him yet another starring role? It's overkill at this point. I did appreciate the little things like the Reshiram statue in the Parfum Palace's garden and Meowth's boss fantasy was funny; I'm glad the writers are doing those again. I wish Snorlax had a bigger role than just blasting off Team Rocket and eating berries, but alas.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Wasn't too interested in this episode at first but now that I watched it, it proved me wrong. Clemont is still humorous as ever, especially at the end where he set his decoy to escape. The princess was also entertaining to watch too imo but kinda wished Pikachu wasn't the one to battle her Furfrou. But still it was a good episode overall and I give it an 8.75/10.

Also nice to see another Furfrou trim being featured, hopefully the rest will be showcased in the future.

Last edited:

RVD_fan

A very fun episode that was definitely a lot better than I thought it might be. The princess served the episode well and made for a decent conflict, and Clemont once again manages to be entertaining. I do wish they had Serena do a little more here but I'm still holding out hope that there is a long-term plan for her.

Unfortunately the episode did not raise my hopes that the show will follow the story of the games very closely, since this is where in the games the themes of beauty, high-art, and entitlement are first elaborated on.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Meh, didn't like the episode.
It just wasn't exciting, pretty much like the Pancham and bamboo forest episode. I thought it'd be nice but no, I ended up disliking it... It was just flat.
Don,t have much to say, though I did like the cute moments between the characters. Was nice to see. :p

Supersonicbro

Just watched the episode.
Pros: everything clemont did (even though I do hope they give Serena more focus soon)
Cons: team rocket. They literally had no place in this episode. If they wanted a team of snorlax then they should go back to kanto. I could have went out the room for their parts and the episode would have been no different. I think the time should have gone to either the battle or to whatever clemont was doing after they left him.

Rohanator

Meowth's boss fantasy was funny; I'm glad the writers are doing those again.
Wat. That was the whole TRio together planning to take over the world with an army of Snorlax(a plausible plan given how strong they can be) that they would control with the flute, it wasn't a traditional boss fantasy. Just general evil stuff.

Anyway this episode was funny as I can't say that word. There's probably something else out there but off the top of my head I can't think of a funnier Pokemon episode. Citron is amazing and Ash was cool as usual in XY.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
and just noticed on the screen that it was another clemont focus episode, only like the cute and funny moments most of the time, the battles i have no comment about it since it seems pretty normal to me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wat. That was the whole TRio together planning to take over the world with an army of Snorlax(a plausible plan given how strong they can be) that they would control with the flute, it wasn't a traditional boss fantasy. Just general evil stuff.

They imagined Giovanni creating chaos with an army of Snorlax; how was that not a boss fantasy?

Rohanator

They imagined Giovanni creating chaos with an army of Snorlax; how was that not a boss fantasy?
It's not in the sense that it wasn't meant to be as humorous(I hope, lel), and Meowth didn't act out scenes of Giovanni doing stuff ect. Like, yeah, it's a boss fantasy, but it's not one of THOSE boss fantasies so you can't say they're doing those again.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I... I actually think this might be my favorite XY episode yet.

Clemont was great here. I wasn't expecting him to have such a prominent role but, once again, he really brought an episode up. He is definitely the strongest cast member. I wish he or Serena had battled Allie instead of Ash, but eh, whatever.

Allie was an entertaining COTD with fun quirks. Despite the Charge Beam spam it was nice to see Furfrou battling, and the attention to detail that made it a Trim Furfrou instead of just a regular one was nice.

The artwork really looked on-point today; it seems like it's making a pretty steady improvement, even if next episode is going to have some issues.

Team Rocket were really tacked on again... but, it was much, much better than last week. The "boss fantasy", if that's how they're going to be done in XY, I can definitely live with that. This is how boss fantasies should be done - not stupid nonsense like "what if we caught this Snorlax so the boss could sleep on it" but actually keeping their mission in mind. Also, I still want them to be more than this, but just taking this one episode by itself, I thought the little gag at the end with the flute was actually pretty funny. It felt like actual humor much more than "we scream and make silly faces," which has been about the entire extent of their role in XY to this point. I don't want them to stagnate in little brief gag roles like this, but this episode was at least a step in the right direction.

The plot did a good job of incorporating game events in a creative way. It could have just been a boring "Furfrou ran off, we need to find it and stop Team Rocket from stealing it" filler, but it took some risks and came out better for it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Clemont wasn't promoted at all in the weeks leading up to this episode and he still ended up being the star.

He was all over the preview, and the title directly references him. It was pretty clear he'd play a role here.

I thought it was pretty funny, the kind of insane episode that jumps all over the place which would've felt perfectly at home in Kanto. It was pretty dialogue-driven, though, so I can see it coming across as somewhat boring if you couldn't follow what people were saying.

Haunter ゴースト

Enjoyed this episode, it was a lot funnier than i expected. The princess was a very entertaining character and who'd have thought she fell for Clemont.

Haha, very entertaining, loved the ending.

7/10.