• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awakening the Sleeping Giant (821)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I dunno why Cartoon Network keeps changing the title card, but this episode was very good overall.

They always make some weird mistakes like that. At least it isnt as bad as all episodes in da that they played the episode n intro and led some people to actually believe that the team plasma two parter would air.

TR's appearance in the episode was utterly pointless, unless you want to consider another comical scene of Jessie playing the flute as a reason.
I basically agree, in that they actually seemed to clutter the episode. They could have filled that time with other, better things.

- I especially love the flashbacks like the Snorlax and the two Castles
Those seemed really interesting and different!

- I love how everyone forgot Clemont and then Clemont plays a trick on her with the robot to get away!
That didn't make much sense to me. I really wanted them to go back for him, or to see the princess decide she doesn't like Clemont after all, or something like that. This way, it seemed like they spent too much time on other things and didn't leave enough time for a substantial resolution of that detail.

serena is a a girl she will definitely be embarassed to see clemont in his underwear but bonnie looks calm.
bonnie is different ?
No, Clemont's underwear is different. Everyone should be embarrassed by that, so there's no good reason he's not embarrassed to wear it in the first place!

zhixun

I have no idea why Citron has to make a decoy. He could simply jumped out of the room instead and I doubt the servants will notice while he was making it.

Lady Umbreon

I have no idea why Citron has to make a decoy. He could simply jumped out of the room instead and I doubt the servants will notice while he was making it.

Because Clemont thinks all problems can be solved with robots. And the princess earned an explosion to the face.

Pokegirl0102

Yeah i thought this was go be another boring filler episode which is why i didn't wake up early for it but boy was i wrong. I was entertained through it from start to finish. Can't wait until a few weeks to finally see Grant.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I don't like petulant children and that Princess couldn't have been more annoying if she tried but it did lead to Pikachu battling for justice and I enjoyed that.

It was funny for Clement to get caught by the Princess (If only there was a Poké ball) but it was a shame we didn't see more antics at the castle. I would have liked to see the torture Clement went through in that castle and I'm sure it would have been very entertaining. Nonetheless I enjoyed the episode and Snorlax is always a memorable Pokémon (even though Ash could have said he had one).

Overall, a good, entertaining episode. On to the next one!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was boring. I hated the princess and wished they left Clemont there.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was an ok episode. I don't have much to say beyond finding Princess Ally to be incredibly annoying, but found it funny how Clemont escaped her castle. TR's idea of ruling the world with a Snorlax army was also pretty funny.

Vipsoccermaster

Hilarious episode. Everything about it was just funny, I liked it. Clemont in a different appearance and that Clemont robot were hilarious.

Poor episode. This episode...just sucked to me.

The King S. was so stupid and goofy, TR was just irritating and annoying, Ash was his usual bland self, Serena was just there, Bonnie was just there, and Clemont was funny.

60/100

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
That king guy was awfully goofy, something I wouldn't expect to see animated in the show. That's just me though. He looked different from many other human characters from the show.

The princess.. ugh. Couldn't have been more bratty than that. But the whole swooning for Clemont thing took a turn for the hilarity.

While king does scare me a bit, he does play great on the Poke flute. I guess those Gen 1 theories were right, that you do need to play the flute correctly to make Snorlax happy. Also, I can't get enough of that classic, nostalgic flute tune.

I also found it funny how the narrator reacted to the ending scene. When Clemont came back from the princess' clutches. Very classy.

NPT

Just a member
"Awakening the Sleeping Giant!"

This episode started with Ash and his friends arriving at Camphrier Town, only to be blasted by a loud noise. It turns out that the source of the noise is a Snorlax.... who is sleeping in the middle of the town, and snoring loudly. Hmm, a sleeping Snorlax? Just like how the players encounter a sleeping Snorlax in the games? Looks like the anime writers are aiming for making episodes based on the game events... and I think it's a great idea! It's always nice to see game references in the anime.

Moving on, the young lady's explanation of the how Snorlax eats the roots and plows the land in process was quite interesting. It's nice how the townspeople celebrates a harvest festival to thank Snorlax, and Lord Shabboneau plays his Poké Flute so it can go back to the mountains. Things like this makes the Pokémon world more fleshed out in my opinion. Too bad this year, Snorlax didn't go back to the mountains because Lord Shabboneau didn't come to wake Snorlax up for some reason. Seeing the situation, Clemont brought out his invention "Bonnie-out-of-Bedomatic", which he made because Bonnie takes forever to wake up?? Well, It was kinda funny when Clemont said that. Hopefully we'll actually get to see Bonnie being hard to wake up in the morning. That being said, I thought Clemont's attempt to wake Snorlax with the "Bonnie-out-of-Bedomatic" was quite funny. The machine kept making some kinda noise, and eventually exploded... but the explosion wasn't able to wake Snorlax up.

I thought Lord Shabboneau was a fun character. It's pretty amusing how he was refused to tell that Princess Allie from Perfume Palace took the Poké Flute with her and tried to hide the fact by making excuses. But seriously, no king would want to say, "I let a girl take my Poké flute, and I can’t try to get it back because anything she takes is officially hers!”. That'd be embarrassing for a king. Of course, Team Rocket was there too.... and they were thinking about getting the Poké Flute to form an army Snorlax for their boss?! Wow, it's been so long since the last time Team Rocket have had any boss fantasies.

Princess Allie was kinda cute... but annoying and selfish too! I wonder how old is she? Taking(more like stealing) the Poké Flute without asking was childish, and wanting Ash's Pikachu was also pretty selfish. Although it was funny when Princess Allie played with Pikachu's face and grabbed it before trying to bribe the group with money. Their reactions were priceless! Ash was like "you're out of your mind", and Serena was like "that's crazy".

The battle between Pikachu and Furfrou was okay, but a bit too short. I would have liked to see her lose to Ash rather than just forfitted due to her Furfrou's hair getting messed up. It's annoying how she was still planning to keep Pikachu even after Ash won the battle, that's just unfair. Ash and Pikachu's reaction to her selfish comment was funny though.

I really liked Clemont standing up to Princess Allie and telling her how "unscientifically selfish" she is. Judging by her expressions at first it seemed like she's sorry for her actions, but that wasn't the case. All the scolding from Clemont seemed to have backfired, because Allie blushed, and said they could take the Poké Flute .... only if she gets to keep Clemont! Geez, I don't get why Princess Allie was attracted to Clemont all of sudden? That was totally random, but it also was the only other way to get the Poké Flute from Princess Allie. It's nice to Serena coming up with the plan to let Allie keep Clemont for a while, I especially loved how Serena winked at Ash to get him to play along with the plan, that was kind of cute.

Jessie's attempt to use the Poké Flute was funny, but the best part of the episode was Clemont running towards the group in his underwear. That was hilarious! Also, Clemont's robot decoy blowing up in Princess Allie's face was funny as well. She deserved that for being selfish.

Overall, this episode was hilarious! The animation was great and the game reference was a nice touch. As for the English dub, I thought it was good. The dialouges were excellent, and voice acting was neat. Music-wise, 8 pieces of original BGM were kept in English dub.... which is great. My only thing I disliked about the dub was the replacement of Clemont's face with Ash's face in the title card. Hopefully the same thing wouldn't happen again in the upcoming dub episodes.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I finally got around to catching up on the XY episodes, yayy for me.

Anyways, this episode was pretty boring at first but then it all turned around when they got to the Parfum Palace.

That princess was such a spoiled brat and I was glad when Clemont told her off. But then when she developed a crush on him and wanted him to stay with her, I could not stop laughing.

So all in all, not a bad episode. I liked it.

Looks like this whole VS. screen thing this saga has isn't just reserved fo major battles like gym battles, but just battles in general.
Not to say they're any less cool .:)

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Awakening the Sleeping Giant is, in short, a very silly episode. Needing to awake a loud-snoring Snorlax that is torturing the citizens of Camphrier Town, Ash & Co. are tasked with retaking the PokeFlute from the bratty Princess Allie at the neighboring Parfum Palace. It is obvious that the writers and animators really wanted to have fun with this one; ridiculous royal characters, a flurry of wacky facial expressions, and one plot turn after another really make this episode stick out. Some of the silliness falls flat (Lord Shabboneau is not laugh-out-loud funny in the slightest), but our heroes play well off of the overtly ludicrous royal personas. This episode also includes a fake-out ending, with the narrator jumping in to close out the episode on a freeze-framed picture until another scene manages to sneak in right after. These fake-out finishes are something that the XY saga has probably done more in its 18 episodes than all of the other sagas have combined, and these closing scenes serve as surprising and fun bonuses for those who stuck around for the whole episode. This fake-out ending was the best one yet, as a previously-captured Clemont makes his way back to the group in an exhausted, underwear-bearing state. Funny stuff.

Overall, the silliness is successful enough to make this an enjoyable episode. This kind of ridiculous plot and its execution felt like something out of an Indigo League installment (which, as a huge Original Series fan, I very much appreciated). It's unfortunate that the writers are still trying to cram in Team Rocket whenever they can, as their screen time would've been better dedicated to Clemont's short stay at/escape from Parfum Palace. Serena and Bonnie initially seemed to have had a plan to get him back but they don't act upon it, leaving Clemont to bail himself out. Sure, it doesn't all tie together and some of the scenes leave something to be desired, but Awakening the Sleeping Giant is an entertaining episode nonetheless.

Grade: B

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Princess Allie was so annoying ha ha but her obsession with Clemont was kind of funny at least. Seeing Camphrier town finally and the sleeping Snorlax from the games was cool however. ^^

*Frank*

Mediocre episode.
The princess annoyed the h*ck out of me. Why would they let a spoiled brat like that run the Parfum Palace? It wasn't built by the King of Kalos for nothing.
On the brighter end, the boss fantasies make a return.