• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awesome Music Video "GOTCHA!"

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
From the official channel in honor of Crown Tundra.
If they'd waited it would've been an treat for the Anniversary.

So. Many. Cameos...o_O
(seriously, if you blink you WILL miss some. Get ready to press the pause button. A lot...)

An lo, Arceus freed everyone from the Never Animated Gulag.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
This was great. Really makes you awe how many characters Pokémon has created and how long it’s been running. Love that shot of Gladion, Hau and Lillie with the PC. So I guess it’s official though? Eevee is the co mascot of the series if not the second most important Pokémon after Pikachu?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Do note that this music video was three minutes straight of some of the most skilled animators in the industry just flexing to the extreme. Like, much of it was actually animated at 24fps, when the standard in anime is more like 8 or 12, with full 24fps being exceedingly rare. Which is to say, there is literally no possible way a TV show would be able to match the quality on display here. At least not without being preposterously expensive and time-consuming to produce.

I mean it would absolutely be awesome. But it's never going to happen.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The music video acknowledging so many jam-packed details of previous games such as the Gen 2 versions of the Kanto Gym Leaders, Wallace as a Pokemon Champion, the head people of the Battle Facilities, the various player characters that feel more like their individual characters going on adventures with their rivals gives me a lot of Pokemon Adventures vibes. Kind of curious about the production behind this video because not every day do you see people expressing this much love and care for the Pokemon series through an official medium.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Video and song were both great!

Do note that this music video was three minutes straight of some of the most skilled animators in the industry just flexing to the extreme. Like, much of it was actually animated at 24fps, when the standard in anime is more like 8 or 12, with full 24fps being exceedingly rare. Which is to say, there is literally no possible way a TV show would be able to match the quality on display here. At least not without being preposterously expensive and time-consuming to produce.

I mean it would absolutely be awesome. But it's never going to happen.

Too late. Prepare yourself for the inevitable "why doesn't the weekly main anime have 20 minutes of animation this good" whining.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Too late. Prepare yourself for the inevitable "why doesn't the weekly main anime have 20 minutes of animation this good" whining.
There was absolutely no way around that. It could not be prevented no matter what I or anyone else who is more knowledgeable about this sort of thing than me did.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Stoeyboard, Director and Technical Director: Matsumoto Rie (Series Director of Kyousougiga)
Character Designs, Animation Supervision: Hayashi Yuuki (Character Designs for Kyousougiga)

This was a nice reunion between Matsumoto and Hayashi. Their combined powers really kicked ass on Kyousougiga and made it a genius series. Furthermore, they called in some friends like Nakamura Yutaka and more to work on the series. Pokemon 2019 Character Designer and Chief Animation Supervisor Yasuda Shuuhei also managed to work on the project. This was a wild ride indeed.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I remember Bump of Chicken from the Gatchaman live action movie (such underrated gem IMHO)

Anyway, that MV was infinitely better than the Crown of Tundra news we've gotten today. I'll definetely get the song once it shows up on iTunes Japan

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
A visual feast. 3 minutes straight of some of the most stunning, vivid, alive animation I've seen in the medium lately. God, I wish the anime went crazier on the color palettes and general direction, but I understand why it’s not realistically feasible to do it just like this.

Silver smiling and everything about N and the protags is the peak of animated Pokémon, though.

Jibanyan

Stoeyboard, Director and Technical Director: Matsumoto Rie (Series Director of Kyousougiga)
Character Designs, Animation Supervision: Hayashi Yuuki (Character Designs for Kyousougiga)

This was a nice reunion between Matsumoto and Hayashi. Their combined powers really kicked ass on Kyousougiga and made it a genius series. Furthermore, they called in some friends like Nakamura Yutaka and more to work on the series. Pokemon 2019 Character Designer and Chief Animation Supervisor Yasuda Shuuhei also managed to work on the project. This was a wild ride indeed.

So Matsumoto worked on this? I heard it was just Hayashi, got pissed and didn't watch it lol. I'm glad she is working on more stuff.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This is the first (and probably only) time I'll see the entire community agree on something.

This was great. I loved how every major character was showcased: the MCs, rivals, antagonists, Champions, Professors, and every other important NPC (rip Frontier Brains). The small attention to details and just great visuals to showcase everything about the games