• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awesome Music Video "GOTCHA!"

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Also kinda wish we saw may, kris, zinnia and the hoenn and sinnoh frontier brains, kinda weird they werent included considering unova subway bosses and kalos battle girls were

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Also kinda wish we saw may, kris, zinnia and the hoenn and sinnoh frontier brains, kinda weird they werent included considering unova subway bosses and kalos battle girls were
They did show May for a quick glimpse during the scene with Wally and the Hoenn protagonist. It starts off to Brendan, but switches to May at the last second

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
So Matsumoto worked on this? I heard it was just Hayashi, got pissed and didn't watch it lol. I'm glad she is working on more stuff.

The directing is all Matsumoto. Vivid use of color and space with popping visuals, all masterfully pulled off by Hayashi's animation and animation corrections.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The presentation, animation and artstyle look great, but it would be costly if they implemented these in the main anime. The song was ok, the lyrics and melody aren't catchy enough to stick in my head for a while, but that's just me.

Nice homage of the various game protagonists and their rivals, even though I couldn't spot them all if I didn't pause or slow the video down.

The main female character has an Eevee, which is symbolic to how many female characters had that Pokemon recently mostly in the anime, because they can't have Pikachu since Ash has it. Of course, LGPE played a role since Eevee becomes the franchise 2nd mascot imo.

Last edited:

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Matsumoto hasn't worked with OLM directly before so she probably won't work on the mainline anime. I'd definitely love it if she were a director for a movie, though. Matsumoto should be right up there with Hosoda and Shinkai and would be if sexism wasn't so bad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
pacman000 said:
The animation was smooth, but too busy for my tastes.

There was definitely a lot of things going on, and I had to re-watch the video several times to catch most of the major moments [although I probably still missed a few minor details]. My favorite scene was the part where all the regional professors were shown with the various Starter Pokemon.

Jibanyan

I looove Rie Matsumoto and the video was good, I still think the Lotte video was better tho and I'm little disappointed the MV focus so little on Pokemon? It was more about the humans. I wanted to see more of my favorite Pokemon done by Matsumoto+Hayashi

Matsumoto hasn't worked with OLM directly before so she probably won't work on the mainline anime. I'd definitely love it if she were a director for a movie, though. Matsumoto should be right up there with Hosoda and Shinkai and would be if sexism wasn't so bad.

I would prefer if she works on original projects or an adaptation of some good manga tbh

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
If this was the anime's actual animation, then we would need to start donation funds for the animators who will end up getting carpal tunnels after every episode.