• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awkward Moments

trapezechimpanz

Have any of you had Awkward Poke'mon related moments. I don't mean like in game - I guess that would work to - but I mean in real life. Something like you started talking about poke'mon for no reason... or something like that.

======================

I had on the other night when my dad wanted to take me to a seafood restraunt. I told him I didn't want to go because I hate seafood. Then he said, "But, I have a coupon for oysters." I then totally flipped, I am allergic to cloysters, and my dad wants me to eat them. I keep talking about oysters and how I am them and stuff. Then my dad interupts me and says, "What the heck is a cloyster?" I then realized I had been saying Cloyster the whole time instead of oyster.

;091;;091;;091;;091;;091;;091;;091;​

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
Bantering on about my Furret IV experimentation breeding to this inspector... Nothing major, but my parents are ferret breeders...

Needless to say, I'm suprised we're still in business after that.

Villi

Shimama!
My dad said in the car with my friends that I had been playing Pokemon games. Awkward.

Thank God my best friend bailed me out of that one. He said that it was really my little sister who played and my dad was just joking. He played it out perfectly. I owe him one.

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
I had a dream that was the final end of pokemon. I woke up to my dad waking me up, and said: OMG! Pikachu, use thunderbolt! And my dad started laughing.

ShinyMagikarp93

At school if I say "Polygon", it comes out as "Porygon." It happens to me all the time! No one ever notices though and I always catch myself saying it.

MonopolyMoneyBag

I was at school one time and my history teacher asked me question about the Aztecs. I said 'Rukario' when she called me to answer the question...

scissorX

I was talking to a girl I used to like on MSN a while back, and I had copied a link of this battle on Youtube to show my other friend. I can't remember why, I think I must of thought I'd copied something else, and I accidently sent it to her.. Luckily though, I made up an excuse that I'd been posting it to my friend to annoy him and she fell for it, phew!

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
In science, we were learning about chemical reactions and I was writing the note. My partner was like, you spelled combustion wrong. I look and I had written combusken 0.0, Luckily she only thought it was a spelling error.

It was akward getting my dad to pre-order for me, I sat on the bench and he walked into eb for me. Seemed good until the car ride home he kept calling me a pogeyman geek, he was joking but it's pretty embarrassing considering my folks think I'm pretty mature. Hopefully I don't have anymore of those.

That Cloyster story cracked me up :p

Kris Bambii

Volcano Trainer
When I was younger and was self-conscience of what people thought of me, I had moments like that. When people looked at the fanart notebook I used to carry around, people would give me that eye and be all like "YOU like Pokeman?" "Um... Kinda. ^^;"

Now, I'm just like, "You got a problem with that? *glare*" lol. I don't realy have moments like that any more, since everyone knows I'm into it.

~*Kris*~

Villi

Shimama!
I was talking to a girl I used to like on MSN a while back, and I had copied a link of this battle on Youtube to show my other friend. I can't remember why, I think I must of thought I'd copied something else, and I accidently sent it to her.. Luckily though, I made up an excuse that I'd been posting it to my friend to annoy him and she fell for it, phew!

Lol, close call. I imagine myself getting into a situation like that, and stammering out the whole dang truth.

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
I'm not SOOOO obsessed that I have any accidents.

R_N

I don't think I've...oh. Wait.

When I was in the...2nd or 3rd grade, I was just a BITto into the anime. You know how when soemhting underwhelimgn or something is said , and the charaters do a face-fualt? I did that. Repedately. In front of many, many, many people...Sure, it didn't seem embarrassing at the time, but I have a memory of an elephant when it comes to that....

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
OH! I did have one:
I was at sailing camp, and we were in the bay on the south coast of Miami and I brought a fishing rod. My friend was playing emerald, and i asked to play. In one hand I had the game and in the other I had the rod. He was looking for feebas, so I was fishing and with each bite I pressed A and pulled the rod. I found feebas, dropped the game, and Yanked up my rod. I had a Jew fish on it, which looks alot like feebas. I laughed for about 5 minutes before I realized the batteries had come outta my friends GBA.

MonopolyMoneyBag

OH! I did have one:
I was at sailing camp, and we were in the bay on the south coast of Miami and I brought a fishing rod. My friend was playing emerald, and i asked to play. In one hand I had the game and in the other I had the rod. He was looking for feebas, so I was fishing and with each bite I pressed A and pulled the rod. I found feebas, dropped the game, and Yanked up my rod. I had a Jew fish on it, which looks alot like feebas. I laughed for about 5 minutes before I realized the batteries had come outta my friends GBA.

I'm laughing so hard right now...

*In Emerald their is a bite*

*In real life their is a bite*

*Yanks rod in real life*

I caught a Feebas! I mean... a Jew Fish... Yeah, that's what I meant...

I can just imagine myself doing that...

Many... many times

I go to my friends house everyday after school... almost every day. She has two computers. Her house is so close to the school that a bunch of people come over. I was on Serebii and they went downstairs to go on the computer... and they saw me there >>

I've been more open about my liking of pokemon lately. I've found that there are other people that like it, but they're boys. They're not as.... knowing as me for the 4th gen, so they say, what will you choose... the monkey, the turtle, or the penguin in front of everyone...

other people more popular than me were tlaking about this boy who still likes pokemon... they said pokemon died a long time ago and they made fun of it and stuff. I couldn't make a comeback

I sometimes Daydream in school about my next pokemon I'm going to use in the Battle Frontier..o_O

I once had a dream very similar to pokemon. One of the characters companions was a blue seal type thing. When Ruby and Sapphire came out I was so freaked out when I saw Spheal. Spheal looks just like the pokemon I dreamed about 1-2 years before R/S/E came out.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Easy mistake to make, but in science when we were talking about ammonites, I kept saying Omanyte. However, I noticed someone else making the same mistake :)

I sometimes say Combusken instead of combustion...

Tactics

>_<, wow you people really care to much about your image. So the hell what if a bunch of popular ***s or preps think it's cool to not like Pokemon, kick their *** if they mess with you, I know I would of have to anyone who made fun of someone just for something they like.

Really, at high school where I go nobody even really cares, we fool around and talk about Pokemon sometimes and I get the random "Wow..how old are you" comments and crap, but I just brush it off, but if someone seriously degraded me and treated me differently for what I liked I would kick their *** or at least confront them about it and tell them how I feel.

Beanie

<Joe Momma
>_<, wow you people really care to much about your image. So the hell what if a bunch of popular ***s or preps think it's cool to not like Pokemon, kick their *** if they mess with you, I know I would of have to anyone who made fun of someone just for something they like.

Really, at high school where I go nobody even really cares, we fool around and talk about Pokemon sometimes and I get the random "Wow..how old are you" comments and crap, but I just brush it off, but if someone seriously degraded me and treated me differently for what I liked I would kick their *** or at least confront them about it and tell them how I feel.
Wow I agree completely, I mean who gives a **** if you like Pokemon