• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Awkward moments

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I know a thing or two about nervous laughter.

My mom was always frustrated when trying to discipline me, as I invariably had to suppress fits of giggles when she became serious with me. I rarely ever misbehaved, so when she tried to use discipline, it wasn't shaming for me but comically foreign. That often led to me being in slightly larger trouble.

I also could never help but giggle during funerals, prayers, serious family discussions, hospital visits, tragic stories about a hurt or lost loved one, heartfelt apologies or confessions, and many more no-laugh situations. Countless times I have cramped my abdomen trying to quiet waves of hearty chortling at inopportune moments. =S

I share your pain.

I believe this is what happens, like, I feel bored, and I can't stay focused on the subject, so, my mind ends up thinking of irrelevant things. I may even end up thinking of something funny, accidentally of course. I often think of what I am going to say to others whilst they're speaking, but, I end up thinking so hard, that I think of their response, to the point I think of an extremely funny situation.

But, if it is a funeral or things like that, it's more rare that I laugh. More often, I fart, yawn, etc. Like, in band, when we were performing the national anthem, I COULD NOT stop yawning during the rests, and I had a hard time stopping myself from farting, only my friend noticed, because I warned them.