• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

AXA (AshXAnabel): Storms across Kanto

Turak

Sorry for not reviewing for a while. Homework has become brutle recently. Great chapter, I like the conversation between Anabel and Pikachu. Can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder who will make a wish about Anabel and Ash being together, though hopefully it won't be neccesary. Keep up the good work.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Sorry for not reviewing for a while. Homework has become brutle recently. Great chapter, I like the conversation between Anabel and Pikachu. Can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder who will make a wish about Anabel and Ash being together, though hopefully it won't be neccesary. Keep up the good work.

wow its been a long time (to me anyway). I'd have probably had 3 new chapters by now at least but with a new computer means re-installing MS word but the next chap is now being started and will be up later i promise :D also hopefully be the longest and best chap yet

well here is the long delayed next chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ash and Anabel trod lightly through the cave. The walls to each side oozed water out slowly; a lake was most likely on the other side seen as this was technically a well. Sleeping Crobat hung from above and if provoked they could be powerful. The second reason for stepping slowly is in case Team Rocket had set traps for them and they wouldn’t like to fall into a pit. Ash would occasionally turn around to take a quick glance at Anabel. She did nothing but look at the heel of Ash’s shoes. It was like she wanted to be following his but not wanting to look at him. Ash stopped in his tracks and turned his full body to Anabel. “Ok something’s wrong I know it. Why won’t you just tell me?” Ash demanded slightly raising his voice.

“I can’t tell you. You’ll have to find out for your self.” Anabel spoke quietly, ‘unusual for her to be like this’ Ash thought to himself.

“Anabel; I’ve tried multiple times to work it out. I can’t read your mind like you can read pokemon’s. It’s harder than that for me. You have nothing but psychic pokemon who have the ability normally to do that. All apart from Butterfree anyway.” Ash yelled. Several Crobat stirred in their sleep.

“Ash keep your voice down. You’ll wake the Crobat up.” Anabel warned.

“They can wake up for all I care.” Ash turned around and stared straight up. “Pikachu Thunderbolt them all!” Pikachu looked at his friend confused before firing a bolt of powerful electricity at the Crobat. They opened their eyes, staring daggers at the two trainers and the yellow mouse. “Bad move. Run!” Ash screamed running the way they were heading. Anabel soon ran after his. Espeon released itself and ran by Anabel’s side.

“Psychic.” Anabel said through her mind to Espeon. Espeon leapt into the air, turned and blasted a group of five with a blast of rainbow coloured energy. The remaining Crobat continued to swoop towards them. “Ok forget fighting.” Anabel spoke out loud and grabbed Espeon in her arms and ran. She soon caught up with Ash who was perched on the edge of a cliff over looking a huge lake. She didn’t notice and ran into Ash pushing him off the ledge with her following. Both reached out to each other to keep together so they wouldn’t be spilt up and with the other hand reached out for their pokeballs. They each released pokemon; however not the pokemon they hoped for. Ash released Cyndaquil and Anabel released Alakazam. The Crobat above flew out of the cave and came hurtling towards them. One struck Ash and all his pokeballs spread apart. The only pokemon in his possession now were Pikachu and Cyndaquil.

“Anabel release Metagross!” Ash shouted but Anabel was slammed her eyes shut and was blocking out every one of her senses. Ash tried to fall closer to Anabel as he grabbed her arm and pulled her closer. The drop was long but the floor was approaching. “Anabel you need to open your eyes. We need Metagross or we’ll…I can’t say it.”

“No Ash. This is just a bad dream. I’m going to wake up from it soon.” Ash pulled her closer into a sort of hug.

“Cyndaquil we need your Flamethrower. Aim is directly at the cliff.” Ash pointed at the rock wall of a cliff by his side. He grabbed Cyndaquil and Pikachu hopped onto him as best he could. Cyndaquil withdrew a huge breath and breathed out a stream of fire. The force began to move them slightly. The no longer were over solid ground and would now hit the water. “Good now aim it directly down.” The fire stream moved so it faced down. As the intense heat struck the water steam radiated off it and also slowed down the fall. As the water soaked the trainers and pokemon, pokemon beneath the water guided them up. Two Mantine swam beneath Ash and Anabel and lifted them back to the surface. Both drew a gigantic breath of fresh air. Anabel finally opened her eyes and didn’t realise that she had gone red. Ash moved his arms from around Anabel now she was fine. “You ok Anabel?”

“Err…yes; yes I’m fine thank you. I thought we were gonna stamp our bodies on the…”

“Subject change please.”

“Ok then. Why did you hug me as we were dropping?” Ash also turned red at Anabel’s words.

“Because you’re my friend Anabel.” Ash said. He hoped Anabel couldn’t read his mind though.

“Just friends?” Anabel asked in her mind trying to not say it aloud.

“Yeah course.” Ash answered. Before noticing she never opened her mouth.

“Wait! I never said anything. You’ve been reading my mind haven’t you?”

“Err…where’s Pikachu and Cyndaquil and Espeon?” Ash changed the conversation topic again.

“Good point.” Anabel scouted the area as the two helping Mantine brought them to the surface. “Thank you Mantine.” Anabel thanked as they were dropped off on the shore. The two pokemon turned and swam back under water. Cyndaquil appeared already on the land. Pikachu was then seen swimming towards them dragging something behind him. As Pikachu climbed on shore what he was pulled was revealed. Espeon was unconscious. Anabel instantly ran to her fallen companion as Pikachu’s cheeks sparked an odd orange colour. “You ok Espeon?” Anabel asked her pokemon.

“Pikachu? Why didn’t you point out Espeon was in trouble? We could have helped. And it looks like you caught a cold or something from the water. Wait…you don’t…like Espeon do you?” Ash questioned. Pikachu’s face turned red like Ash had done earlier. “It’s ok pal. Honestly I’ve been growing a crush on Anabel. But it’s a secret remember.” Pikachu nodded as he collapsed onto the ground. Ash picked him up placing him in his bag and half zipping up the bag, just so he still stuck out but was safe and could sleep. Ash stepped towards Anabel who was tending to Espeon. “How’s Espeon?”

“She’s fine. It would have been worse if Pikachu hadn’t helped her out. You no Ash…I think Pikachu and Espeon would make a good couple. What do you think?”

“Well I suppose with both of our pokemon asleep I could mention it. Pikachu has a crush on your Espeon.”

“Oh yeah I already knew that. Pikachu told me back at the entrance to the well. But anyway let’s get back to business.”

“Yeah finding the Slowking.” Ash announced.

“No silly. Finding your pokemon. You can’t win the Blackthorn contest with just Pikachu and Cyndaquil. Muk, Charizard and Sceptile are out here somewhere and we need to find them.”

“Oh yeah I forgot. I was distracted by something as we fell.”

“He thinks I’m beautiful.” Anabel thought to herself after reading Ash’s mind for a second. “So let’s go then. Slowking will be found by the way out probably.” Anabel began running as she spoke dragging Ash along after her. Cyndaquil ran besides them and Espeon had been recalled.

Ash and Anabel ran into a thick part of forest. Several Pineco would occasionally be heard dropping and exploding. With every loud bang Anabel moved closer to Ash. Suddenly a large round pokemon dropped. It’s pink like thick shell made it look like a nut. It creature inside the shell was red and all you could see was the eyes. It closed its eyes and closed its shell as it began to glow bright white. With a loud bang it exploded. Both of the trainers closed their eyes a spilt second earlier. When they opened them the large green gecko of a pokemon was stood in the way blocking the shockwaves from hitting the two. It turned and gave a ‘its ok’ nod. Ash ran up to Sceptile and wrapped his arms around the pokemon’s neck. “Great to see you again Sceptile.” Ash jumped off his pokemon and took a look at his properly. Sceptile threw his own pokeball at Ash who recalled him. “That’s one down and two left. Muk and Charizard might have gotten out of their pokeballs too like Sceptile. Charizard would be flying around and Muk…would be drawn to a bad smell.” Ash joked. Anabel did nothing but laugh slightly.

“Ok Ash…I think that…that we should…should…go out.”

“Yeah Muk and Charizard won’t be here.”

“No I meant…oh never mind.” Anabel changed her mind as Ash began running back the way they came. She ran to catch back up to the trainer.

Once again the two were outside the forest where they had entered. Both looked up seeing the indoor cave had light only from the huge opening in the roof. “You youngsters looking for something?” A rough voice from behind them spoke. The two turned round to see a very hairy old man.

“Yes sir. We fell from that cave up there and I lost two of my pokemon.” Ash explained.

“Why that is bad. I haven’t seen trained pokemon here for a long time. I’ve seen the Slowking of course but I can never earn my freedom.”

“What do you mean?” Anabel asked.

“The Slowking. You have to best it or you’ll never get out of here. Problem is every time I tried he changes the challenge. However once you beat him you can unlock something in another region. Not sure exactly how that works but if you take three pokemon in the shack it guards deep in another region you open a cave holding an ancient and powerful pokemon.

“Would this ancient pokemon be Regigigas?”

“I believe so. I heard of this grand pokemon but once here I fell down and cannot beat Slowking. That and I don’t have access to the three needed pokemon.” Ash and Anabel looked at each other and laughed.

“Well we do. The three pokemon are the legendary golems. Regirock, Registeel and Regice. The frontier brain Brandon has them all. He used them against Ash here.” Anabel giggled. Ash looked depressed like he used to do when he was beaten by Gary at something.

“Actually I was possessed by an ancient spirit the first time and battled Regirock with Sceptile, lost that match because I wasn’t myself. Second time I was myself and battled Registeel with Torkoal; Lost that match too.”

“So you had a type advantage both times and still lost.” The old man joked.

“Yeah I guess. The third time was a four on four match. I used my first four pokemon, kinda, and battled against his Ninjask, Dusclops, Solrock and Regice. That time my Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard and Pikachu beat him.”

“Sounds like one intense battle. But if you don’t have the golems how do you plan on it?”

“Because Brandon is the final frontier brain and I am the second to last so when Brandon was busy they called me instead. He promised that we could use the golems if need be.” Anabel explained

“So you can’t really get them right now?”

“Well no. Unless you have access to a computer here.”

“Only in the shack but I can’t get in their.” Ash had kept quiet before bursting out.

“Then we’re gonna get you out of here. You can borrow one of my pokemon. Sceptile and Charizard are both really powerful. Sadly Charizard is lost and so are Muk and Butterfree.”

“That is terrible. Then we better get looking.” The old man put his hand into his dulled ragged pants and pulled out two pokeballs. Each burst open revealing two pokemon. A Spearow and Nincada. “These two can help us find them. Ok you two we’re looking for pokeballs containing a Muk, so it should smell, a Charizard, should smell of fire, and Butterfree, who’ll give off a sweet smell.” The two pokemon nodded and left. “Don’t worry those two are excellent scavengers. Shame they’re not as good at fighting.”

“Thank you sir.” As both Ash and Anabel spoke at the same time Nincada reappeared from a hole in the ground holding a pokeball. It burst open as Butterfree shone its beautiful wings. Pink Butterfree also burst from her pokemon as the two kissed in mid-air.

“That’s cute. Do they follow from their trainers?” The man asked slyly. “Oh and I almost forgot. I never introduced myself. I’m Graham.”

“We’re not a couple yet.” Ash replied not thinking about what he was saying. Anabel oddly enough hadn’t noticed. “And the Butterfree just found is mine and always has been. He just left a year or two back during the bating season. Only recently met up again and I didn’t have enough room to carry both and the pink Butterfree asked Anabel to give her a place for a while.”

“How nice.” Spearow was next to return carrying a pokemon. It burst still in Spearows talons and body slammed Ash. The purple slime known as Muk also did this and seemed very happy to see Ash again. “You two must be very attached.”

“Yeah I know.” Anabel giggled. Nincada pushed through Anabel’s legs carrying another pokeball. However this one didn’t burst open. Graham picked it up and opened it. A large black and purple snake appeared. It glared directly at Ash. “Isn’t that…” The snake lunged at Ash but Muk blocked it with a powerful punch to the face. The snake was thrown back hitting a tree. “It’s Team Rocket’s Seviper isn’t it?”

“Looks like it. Come on we need to get moving. Charizard will probably be around somewhere.” A pokeball dropped in front of Ash. He looked down then up to see Charizard dropping down. “Now that was lucky.” The orange dragon landed with an earth shaking bang. “Ok then guys lets get going.” Ash and Anabel began walking off recalling the pokemon. Graham just stood there. “You not coming?” Ash asked his,

“No. I’ve gotten used to this place so much I can’t leave. All the pokemon here are friendly and they’re like my family. Thank you for the offer but I’m staying put.”

“Ok then. Goodbye then.” Anabel said as both waved good bye. The Seviper had snuck away already to retreat. The large shack quickly came into view as the two walked. “Look Ash.” Anabel began saying looking down.

“What is it?”

“I’ve been…thinking. Something has been eating away at me for a long time now. Ever since I first met you I quickly fell in love with you. That’s what I wanted you to know the first time you began reading pokemon’s minds.”

“You know what’s weirder though? That I can understand Pikachu fully and my other pokemon just barely. But with you I can connect easily. I don’t know what it is.”

“Yeah. But what I’m saying is that I love you so much Ash. Like the Butterfree, like Pikachu and Espeon do.” Anabel moved closer. Ash took a moment of silence before speaking.

“I agree Anabel. I feel the same. Except right now we have more important things to do. I mean we can’t just sit around and be trapped in here.” Ash smiled at Anabel feeling a lot better about coming clean to her.

“Yeah that’s true.” Anabel pulled out one of her pokeballs and released her Metagross. “I’ll race you.” Anabel cried joyfully. Ash pulled out Charizard’s ball and hoped onto the orange dragon and sped off with Anabel. They two were both going at the same speed and the shack soon came only a few metres ahead before they both crashed into an invisible wall. The trainers and pokemon fell to the floor as the wall faded and a pink pokemon stood in front of them. The rock on its head sat like a crown with a blue gem encrusted into the centre.

“Dare you enter my shack and gain your freedom?” The pokemon spoke with perfect English.

“Yes we do Slowking.” Ash stood up and curled his hand into a fist.

“Very well then. Your task, Ash, is to gather together 5 Leichi berries from the area.”

“5 berries? Easy.” Ash hopped back onto Charizard and flew off.

“Your task Anabel is to defeat the ghost pokemon haunting the shack.”

“For a frontier brain this will be simple.” Espeon burst out of the pokeball and looked bruised but still had some fight in it. Slowking encased itself with a blue aura and levitated inside the shack as the doors closed. Black balls flew from behind the shack and set themselves around Anabel. In total there were five. The balls grew larger and like fire burst into the air revealing their true forms. Haunter, Misdreavus, Bannette, Dusclops and finally Drifloom. “Maybe this wont be so easy. Metagross, Espeon get ready. Alakazam you too.” Anabel released her final psychic pokemon. The three pokemon stood in a triangle formation around Anabel. She began to issue commands by telekinesis. “Espeon Zap cannon Dusclops, Alakazam thunder punch Drifloom, Metagross meteor mash Misdreavus.” Espeon created a flashing ball of electricity and shot it at Dusclops who was struck head on. As the smoke cleared Dusclops was standing their fully intact. The final remains of the Protect attack died down. Alakazams hand enveloped in electricity as it threw the fist into Drifloom. The second before the punch would have struck Drifloom shrunk itself with a minimize. The punch completely missed. Metagross threw its claw now shaped in an odd star like shape and threw it at Misdreavus who was the only pokemon to be hit. It flew backwards as it began to sing. The pokemon all seemed effected though. They all cried in pain. Espeon fell first, then Alakazam and finally Metagross. The ghost pokemon fell in sync with each other. Next another orb appeared before Anabel. This one did the same effect revealing a Shedinja. “No wonder this pokemon survived. Its ability makes it strong. But one pokemon I have can stop it.” Anabel threw her final pokemon as the pink Butterfree was sent out. “Ok this is our first battle.” She went telepathic again to speak. “We can win this though in one shot if we do it right, Aerial ace!” Butterfree nodded as it flew higher into the air before somersaulting and diving back down at Shedinja who just floated there. As Butterfree hit the pokemon it vanished. However several other Shedinja appeared all around. Double team must have worked fast to dodge that attack. “Aerial ace them all.” Butterfree turned from its dive and quickly flew into every copy until it slammed the original. It fell to the ground and evaporated like the others. Slowking reappeared before Anabel.

“Well done young miss. You passed the test of ghosts. The ghosts don’t attack anything but they are great at dodging. All you had to do was not send out every pokemon. That old man Graham made that mistake of sending out all his pokemon at once and not saving one. You thought well on your feet. I see know how you made it as a Frontier brain. Your friend has also returned.” Slowking pointed up as Ash was seen flying back holding a small sack. Charizard landed with an earthshaking crash. Ash jumped off and handed the berries to Slowking. He put his hand in the bag to make sure. “Well done Ash. Five Leichi berries and one Lum berry. Very good. You both may now have access to my shack. Do you have the pokemon necessary?”

“Yes we do but we need access to a computer to get them.”

“Very well.” Slowking led the two inside the shack. The doors shut behind them and the inside looked a hundred times bigger than it did outside. “What you seek is over there.” Slowking pointed out the computer and transporting station. Anabel ran over and dialled Brandon’s number. His face appeared on the video screen.

“Anabel. Great to see you again. Do you need something?”

“Yes Brandon. We need your golems.”

“The Regi’s? What do you need them for? On the subject I’m searching for the fourth out here in Shinou. Where are you calling from the receiver says your location is lost.”

“Well we need to Regi pokemon to unlock a cave for you to obtain Regigigas, Send us those pokemon we can unlock it for you.”

“Sounds great to me.” His face looked to the side for a minute. “Ok the pokeballs are being sent over there now.” Immediately the machine next to them flashed as three pokeballs appeared.

“Thanks a lot Brandon. I’ll send them back later. Bye.” Anabel put the phone down and picked up the balls handing them to Slowking. Ash watched in awe as a set of hidden doors opened. Inside was a large cave and in the centre stood a stone alter. Slowking made an aura around all three of them as they floated into the room next to the alter.

“Ok here’s what we need to do. The pokeballs must be placed at the exact same time. In order, Ash put Regirock in the slot where you are stood now, Anabel put Registeel in the slot where you are now and I will but Regice in this final slot. They must be placed at the same time however. Once it happens you will feel an earthquake and you will blackout for a split second and when you awake the cave to the final Regi will be opened, however time will skip back and you won’t remember of what happened since you entered my well. Now!” Slowking yelled slamming the ball into place as Ash and Anabel rushed to do the same. The alter glowed white and blinded the two. Suddenly everything was black.

The smell of soil suddenly hit the trainers nostrils as they both awoke. “That was strange. Why did we black out? The last thing I remember was getting rid of Team Rocket.” Ash mumbled to himself. Pikachu looked at Espeon and smiled. Anabel looked just as confused as Ash. She spoke to the pokemon telepathically.

“What happened to us? I know you know.”

“We helped Brandon unlock the final Regi, me and Pikachu…declared our love for each other.” Espeon giggled as Pikachu turned slightly red. “And Slowking mentioned you would forget everything that happened. Also Ash does actually like you. But don’t mess with his mind let him tell you again on his own.”

“Thanks Espeon.” Anabel thanked aloud. Ash looked at her with confusion. “Never mind Ash. Come on lets just get going.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Turak

Nice chapter. That was so mean, yet so fun, to have them forget things. So, how far back does their memory loss go? And Ash is so dense here:

“Ok Ash…I think that…that we should…should…go out.”

“Yeah Muk and Charizard won’t be here.”

And you were right, I think this chapter is your best so far.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Nice chapter. That was so mean, yet so fun, to have them forget things. So, how far back does their memory loss go? And Ash is so dense here:

And you were right, I think this chapter is your best so far.

They both lost memory from when they sent away Team Rocket to the time they wake up after meeting Slowking. So their conversation about loving each other is forgotten. Pikachu and Espeon however remember every moment of what happened.

Next chapter will come with the next 3 days at most if im lucky

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
ok the next chapter is no where near started but im off of school now so ill have alot more time :D such as tomorrow it will be posted

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Cool they declared their love for each other, too bad they lost their memories of it. Can't wait to see what happens next.

ex-ty

Swift and deadly
I come bearing a message from the sweet Nicola/Crystal-Zephyr; she is without MS word for a few days because of virus problems but they should be sorted within this weekend so the next chapter will not be long i have been told.

Before anyone says anything, me and her are very good friends and although we no longer live close to each other we keep in touch with phone calls so she had asked me to post this message in this thread.

But anyway for when she gets back; I FREAKING LOVE THIS FIC and the writer

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
ok sorry about the huuuuuge delay. And sadly i have had huge problems with my computer and have been unable to fix them. For now i have a new chapter...sadly its very short and theres nothing else i can do for awhile. Most likely another 2 weeks wait for the next after this one
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Night began to blanket the sky above Ash and Anabel as their two pokemon companions walked side by side. The pokemon in the area were long asleep by now but the blazing sun from earlier was now resting along with most of the light. Only the stars on the light pollution from a near by town gave out light. The gravel path beneath their feet crumbled slightly with every step as tiny rocks rolled about beneath their shoes or feet in the case of the pokemon. Ash couldn’t help but keep glancing over at his Pikachu who had suddenly become really friendly with Anabel’s Espeon within the blacked out 2 minutes they spent near the well entrance. “What’s wrong Ash?” Anabel asked.

“Nothing. How far is the next town anyway?” Ash responded trying to say something to keep Anabel’s attention away from his turning red face.

“Shouldn’t be to long now. The light is getting brighter so we’re getting close.”

“That’s good. That means I’m…” Ash began. Anabel jumped in to finish his sentence

“One step closer to being the champion of the tournament in Blackthorn.” Anabel concluded. “I know you well enough to know what your gonna say most of the time.”

“Good point I guess.” Ash turned his attention to the ground. His mind was all in a mess. Whilst being blacked out he had a dream of his pokemon going missing around a lake and forest, doing a challenge for a Slowking and actually telling Anabel how he felt for her. He just shook off the thoughts. “No point trying to work out dreams when I should have my mind occupied on my next challenge.” Anabel stepped closer.

“Our next challenge you mean. Remember it’s a double battle tournament so we’re working together.”

“I know. I didn’t forget.” Anabel just stared at Ash harshly. “Well ok maybe I did.”

“Typical Ash. Come on its really late and I’m exhausted.” Anabel’s pokemon ball burst open as Metagross released itself and picked up Anabel on its back. “Well I guess that was easy.” Anabel joked. Ash took out his pokeball of Charizard and sent out the dragon. Charizard landed on the floor, from being sent out into the air so it was flying, allowing Ash to climb onto its back.

“Thanks for all the rides Charizard.” The dragon grunted at Ash’s thanks and flew off as Anabel’s Metagross launched itself towards the city.

The city was magnificently huge. Upon arrival they were blanked out but all the lights and signs everywhere. People were walking around the streets even at such a late time, pokemon hung to their sides. One person standing out over all was a pretty chubby man both Ash and Anabel knew all to well. He must have gotten a lucky shot because his attention turned to the two as he walked towards them. His scraggy hair was still the same as it always had been and he was still wearing the sun glasses, blue shirt and shorts he wore when he first met Ash. Anabel knew him more than just through friends, like Ash; to her she was her boss. Head of the battle frontier and the frontier brains.

“So this is where you vanished off to Anabel.” He spoke with a kind of dark-esc tone. “And accompanied by the frontier champion too. What is this a date or something?” He laughed pretty loudly causing passers-by to stare at him. Anabel turned red but answered first.

“No Scott. We’re heading towards Blackthorn City.”

“For the pokemon gym?” Scott questioned,

“No.” Ash answered taking out a rather large case and opened it. Inside was held twenty eight small trinkets. “See I already have the badge from that gym.” Scott snatched the case from Ash’s hand and examined the badges.

“This is truly fascinating. You have the Fog badge from Koga’s reign in Fuchsia, the Cerulean sisters Cascade badge, four badges I’ve never even seen before. You’ve worked up quite a collection haven’t you?”

“Yeah I have.” Ash began before stopping as his eyes burst open. He turned to Pikachu and picked him up off the ground. “Tomorrow Pikachu. Then it’ll be three years.” Pikachu looked at his friend oddly. So did Anabel and Scott. “It’ll be three years since I first met Pikachu. Three years since I began my journey. Three years since I saw Ho-oh.” As he said the final sentence his voice went a lot quieter. As if trying to hide it.

“Wow that must be a great occasion. You should come with me for the night. I’ll drop you off in Blackthorn in two days. But for tomorrow I’d like you to come and test out my new facility. The battle island. It’s a huge island south of Hoenn. If we catch a boat tonight we can be there by tomorrow morning. Then I can just ship you off straight to Blackthorn. Spend the day on the island. So what do you say?”

“I’m good with that.” Ash replied. Anabel hesitated.

“There’s also a beach facing to the west. Great to watch the sun set at.” Ash looked confused and was about to say something before Anabel did instead.

“You’ve got my vote.” Espeon and Pikachu seemed to know what she was planning but Ash was, as always, clueless.

Turak

Short chapter, but still good. So, what is Anabel planning... Just wondering, what is the forth badge that Scott had never seen? You mentioned the Blackthorn gym badge, Koga's fog badge, and the Cerulean Sisters' Cascade badge, but what is the last one? Anyway, can't wait till the next chapter, even if I have to wait for a bit.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Short chapter, but still good. So, what is Anabel planning... Just wondering, what is the forth badge that Scott had never seen? You mentioned the Blackthorn gym badge, Koga's fog badge, and the Cerulean Sisters' Cascade badge, but what is the last one? Anyway, can't wait till the next chapter, even if I have to wait for a bit.

the four badges Scott has never seen are the Orange Island badges

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Hate to nudge this but i need to say...the next chapter is taking me longer than planned because of exams and barely any free time. Just go along with it and the next chapter will be up soon.

legendarytyson

Legendary Trainer
Great fic! I can't wait until the next chapter. your story leaves so many questions unanswered. I just want more!

Keep up the great work.

TCtyson.png

I'm a legend!

Last edited:

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
ok i WILL do it this week. i MUST do it so it'll be up soon, the next chapter

Turak

Great! I was just thinking about this story. Hope to see it soon. I also just noticed it, but I loved that comment at the end of your last chapter about the beach for the sunset.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
ok im planning on reviving this story at a later date but not for some time as school now gets alot harder so more time is spent with that but sooner or later AXA will return with new updates.

so could a mod possibly close this please?

Turak

Nice to hear from you! Yes, please do get the next chapter done, I've had to wait since May! No, just kidding. Take your time, do well in school, and when you get a chance, write some. I'm sure it will be a great addition to your great story when it comes out. As they say, good things come to those who wait. Good luck in school and I'll be looking forward to the next chapter, even if it ends up being a Christmas present.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Really great story. :D Abilityshipping is my second favorite ship so I am happy to read a fic with that theme. Looking forwad to the next chapter. :) I really liked the way it was descibed, it sounded very realistic and not "made up". The length of the chapters are good, not to long or to short. The double battle with Ash and Anabel sounds promising, both as a battle and as a shippy moment.

Last edited:

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
ok my return is now :D i'll begin work on the next chapter tonight but ti will be slower than it used to be when it was going at least one a week, ill be working slower because of
i've been pregnant and had a baby

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
The wind blustered through Anabel’s hair as the boat driven by Scott smashed through every wave that got in its way along the sea. Ash was crouched down at the side of the boat looking close to hurling. Both Pikachu and Espeon were sat on the opposite tip of the boat; first of all clinging on for dear life, and second, watching the sun as it was beginning to set. Anabel looked at the two then to the sun, finally looking at Ash. “Why can’t that be me and you instead of our pokemon?” She thought to herself. She sighed and sat down next to the black haired boy. “You ok Ash? You look kinda ill.”

“Nah I’m fine. A tough battler like me doesn’t need to ill just from a little boat ride.” He replied sounding courageous as he stood up on his feet. The boat hit a wave and Ash was knocked out of balance and fell landing on his behind. “Ouch.” Ash said half laughing. Anabel laughed to herself as well.

“We shouldn’t be too far now.” Scott shouted out turning his attention away from where he was going and accidentally hit a leaping Magikarp. It ricocheted off the front and flew into the air and hitting the water. A flash suddenly shot out as an enormous Gyarados burst from the waters surface, roaring with anger. “That is so not good.” Scott turned to face the way they were going again as he instantly sped the boat up. The Gyarados reared back its head as a glowing orange ball formed in its mouth before shooting off towards the boat. A static encased black orb collided with the Gyarados’ Hyper beam leaving both suspended in mid-air. Time quickly ticked away until the two would explode in thin air from being equal powered. A jolt of yellow electricity followed joining with the black orb and throwing the Gyarados’ attack back hitting it square in the face and knocking it unconscious as the boat quickly sped away. Both Pikachu and Espeon ran over to their trainers to make sure they were ok.

“We’re fine guys. Don’t worry.” Anabel smiled at the two.

“So how long left till the island?” Ash asked Scott.

“Encase you haven’t noticed. The island is in view.” Ash looked up as a black of land was rising higher above the horizon.

“Oh yeah I didn’t see that until now.”

“Dense as ever.” Anabel whispered to herself.

“The frontier brain here is known as…you know…I’m not sure. Everyone calls him Jizzy. I think its James. But I’m not fully sure. Anyway…he’ll challenge you at any time after coming onto the island. So be prepared. You never know when or where he’ll attack.”

“Sounds kinda…bad. Team Rocket bad.”

“They’re not that bad Ash. Jizzy is an excellent battler. Each brain had their own battle methods, such as Tucker used tactics, Brandon used ancient knowledge”

“And I use my mind powers.” Anabel interrupted.

“Exactly. Jizzy however…his symbol is called the Trade symbol. Know listen carefully. I cannot allow you onto the island unless your pokemon have been handed to another trainer or released into the wild. I believe…Charizard was once a stray pokemon correct?”

“Yeah that’s right. How did you know?”

“Professor Oak tells me more than you think. Same goes for Butterfree who was even traded at one point and released. But do you have any others?”

“Well…the only other I have ever had is Squirtle. And I haven’t seen him since I took down Brandon.”

“Well two should be enough.” Scott said as he began slowing the boat down to prepare for docking along the coat line. A thump rumbled the boat as it hit the hot sand. Ash was the first to exit as he jumped off the side.

“Good to be back in Hoenn.” Ash began doing stretches as he had began doing almost frequently before I big match or when he’d been sat down for a long period of time without much movement.

“You’ve been here before?” Anabel asked.

“Yeah. This is the region I met May in.”

“Oh right yeah her.” Anabel replied almost spitefully.

“You didn’t like May?”

“Yeah of course I liked her. She’s your friend after all so why shouldn’t I like her?”

“Nothing; never mind.”

“Ok you two calm down.” Scott said as he hopped off the boat standing next to the two trainers. “Ok from now you will be challenged at anytime. Be aware of your surroundings and good luck with the battle.”

“You’re not coming?” Ash asked.

“No I’m afraid I cannot. Neither can Anabel. Only the challenger can be on the island waiting to be challenged and must be alone. Anabel and I will be going to Jizzy’s house and telling him of your arrival. We shall stay there until he brings you back with him. Although win or lose, you only get the one chance to win the symbol.”

“One chance? That’s harsh.”

“Jizzy is one of the strongest trainers I have ever seen. He would tie with you though Ash. I can give you two hints before we leave. Anything you want to know?”

“Yes. What pokemon does he use and what strategy does he use?”

“Jizzy is known to constantly switch pokemon. He uses traded pokemon, and he has hundreds. However, his most used pokemon include a Relicanth and a Flygon. However he doesn’t always use those two. I’m not even sure on what changes he’s made since that day.”

”Ok understood. I’ll see you after I win then guys.” Ash said his goodbye and walked off into the thick forest area. Pikachu remained behind as he belonged solely to Ash so he wouldn’t be battling.

“I hope he’s ok out here.” Anabel murmured to herself. Scott had heard her but had decided to keep out of her business.

“Come on. We’d better go wait at the inn. Jizzy will make contact with us once he’s battled with Ash.” Scott led the frontier brain away the opposite direction to Ash.

Minutes, maybe hours, had passed quickly since Ash had left the two. He’d released his Butterfree to keep him company without Pikachu. The soothing sound of the waves was long gone by now and replaced with utter silence. No sound came from the forest except from the foot steps from Ash’s feet against the muddy wet floor and small twigs that cracked beneath his weight. “Hey Butterfree?” Ash said after several more silent minutes.

“Free?” The purple butterfly pokemon turned to Ash.

“Do you think we’ll be able to win against this guy? I mean…you and Charizard are strong but…if we’re against the pokemon that Scott said about we might be in trouble.” Butterfree listened to his trainer and shook its head and knocked its wing lightly against Ash’s face. “Yeah you’re right we can win.” His fire in his eyes returned. A loud rustling caught both of the two’s attention. A blonde haired girl jumped down from a tree. Her light blue jeans and yellow shirt stuck out in the greens and brown of the forest.

“You Ash?” She said turning around.

“Yeah that’s me. Why who are you?”

“Just call me Nikki. Jizzy will find you later but before you can challenge him you have to beat me.” The girl held out two pokeballs. “Unlike Jizzy you can use any pokemon you want.” She threw a pokeball into the air releasing a Piplup.

“Then you’re on. Let’s go Sceptile!” Ash threw a pokeball off his belt into the trees as his large green gecko pokemon. “This battle’s on now. Sceptile use Leaf blade!” Sceptile launched itself out at the small blue penguin pokemon.

“Mud slap.” Nikki said rather quietly. Piplup dug one of its feet into the dirt and kicked up hitting Sceptile in the face causing it to lose its balance and hit the ground hard. Sceptile got back to its feet ready for another hit. “Ice beam.” Nikki again spoke quietly. Piplup hit the still recovering Sceptile with a harsh beam of frozen particles as it struck Sceptile again directly. Sceptile’s entire body was covering in ice. Ash recalled his grass type and readied himself for another round.

“Ok time to kick it up. Muk you’re up.” He threw another pokeball into the air releasing the purple sludge pokemon. “Let’s get right into this with a Sludge bomb.” Muk immediately spat out several balls of sludge at the Piplup as it was caught off guard and sent flying back knocked out.

“Wow that was good. But my next pokemon won’t go down so easily.” Nikki recalled her Piplup and released her second pokemon, the vine pokemon Bellsprout. “Ok let’s get into this quickly with a vine whip!” Bellsprout ran forwards and made a downwards kicking motion on top of Muk. “Oh…Kay. That wasn’t so good. Try a Razor leaf!” Bellsprout swung its leafy arms and shot spinning leaves at Muk. They hit him square in the stomach but he just puffed himself out making the leaves harmless.

“Where have I seen this battle before?” Ash said to himself as he remembered the battle in the Indigo Plateau when he first used Muk against another girl’s Bellsprout. “Oh well I’m sure we can still win this as easily as last time.”

“Doubt it. Bellsprout use sleep powder!” the root pokemon ran forwards shaking its leaf arms as a blue layer of dust formed on top being shook off.

“Muk use Body slam.” Ash called throwing his fist into the air. As Bellsprout got close Muk threw its entire body onto Bellsprout. After a few seconds Bellsprout was seen again totally knocked out. “Just like old time.” Ash recalled Muk and looked at Nikki. “Tell Jizzy to not keep me waiting too long. That battle with you has got me even hotter for battle.”

“You have one more battle first. A three on three battle with a dear friend of mine. He’ll be waiting for you by a healing machine. Find it and heal your pokemon. Transfer in any you need.” She recalled her Bellsprout then began walking away. “See you.” She waved then turned her head as she walked through the forest again. Ash continued his way along the barely noticeable dirt path.