• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Axis Powers Hetalia

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I don't watch it myself, but with the recent news that FUNimation are streaming the first 4 episodes then I will give it a try and see if I like it. Trouble is, I have so many other animes I want to watch beforehand...

It sound interesting to say the least.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
I don't watch it myself, but with the recent news that FUNimation are streaming the first 4 episodes then I will give it a try and see if I like it. Trouble is, I have so many other animes I want to watch beforehand...

It sound interesting to say the least.

I would highly recommend it. It's very easy to get into since the episodes are short.

Has anyone seen this week's episode yet? I nearly freaked out when I saw CHINA! :D This week's episode is the best in a long time, IMO.

EDIT: I just watched the episode three more times. It's still amazing. @_@ I don't want to spoil it, but I want to say that Russia has been hilarious lately, and the very end of the episode after MKC is a definite "WTF" moment. XD

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

I want to start watching it, but the fangirls are very irritating and it turns me off. I'm also a history buff, and from what it sounds like, this series is very historically inaccurate. I don't know if I would be able to tolerate it.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I want to start watching it, but the fangirls are very irritating and it turns me off. I'm also a history buff, and from what it sounds like, this series is very historically inaccurate. I don't know if I would be able to tolerate it.

It's loosely based off of history, I would say. It's mostly humor, if anything. I find the stereotypes hilarious and I don't understand why some people get butthurt as every nation is being poked fun at.

And I'm not trying to sound like a ***** but you shouldn't label all the "fangirls" as irritating. We are all not rabid, you know. 8( Some are, but not all.

You should give it a try. Don't put down anything until you try it, you know? You might like it because it's kind of hilarious.

Horn Drill said:
Has anyone seen this week's episode yet? I nearly freaked out when I saw CHINA! This week's episode is the best in a long time, IMO.

Yes! I was so happy to see China. He's so adorable, even with his verbal tick. Iirc, this is the first time his MKC was used as an ED. :D

Last edited:

Twixted Mind

Psychotic Tracey fan
Yes! I was so happy to see China. He's so adorable, even with his verbal tick. Iirc, this is the first time his MKC was used as an ED. :D

Yeah, it was the first time. Which made me even happier because I really like China's MKC. (Russia's is fine, too, but am I the only one who thinks he kinda sounds like a Vocaloid?)

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, it was the first time. Which made me even happier because I really like China's MKC. (Russia's is fine, too, but am I the only one who thinks he kinda sounds like a Vocaloid?)

I do too. Have you heard China's character song "Aiyah, 4000 Years?" The seiyuu does a wonderful job in that song. It's so sad. ;; /anditmakestheChinaxJapanshipperinmegoinsane 8D

And Russia's is just cutesy to me... But the random "kols" thrown in there freak me out. ._. At the end of Winter there's like.. a good 1 minute of him koling. So freaking scary...especially when that part of the song turns out to be on your iHome alarm when it goes off in the morning. 8|

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm certainly a fan. Yeah, there are a lot of overblown fangirls of the show, but the haters are far more annoying, such as the creep who came right up to my camera while I was at a convention filming a crowd of cosplayers singing the theme and loudly grumbled, "Are those all Hetalia cosplayers? I hate Hetalia." To me, that overshadows a bit of squeeing and drooling over cute cartoon characters.

Anyway, good series, and I'm looking forward to it coming out over here. I'm almost done collecting Pokemon on DVD (apart from the rare volumes) and I need something new to work on. :p

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
I want to start watching it, but the fangirls are very irritating and it turns me off.

Well, sadly, this is anime. I think that makes it a given. I started watching it before being exposed to any hyper-fangirlism you might find on the Internet, so I didn't really have any prior opinion of it. I will say that it can be a bit confusing since the anime moves rather quickly and skips around in the timeline, so it can be hard to figure out what's going on/who the characters are unless you're about as into it as we are here.

I'm also a history buff, and from what it sounds like, this series is very historically inaccurate. I don't know if I would be able to tolerate it.

I don't think "inaccurate" is an appropriate word. It's just a funny interpretation of historical events. It's obviously not going to be an "accurate" or realistic representation of history when each nation is put into human form. Not one person I've introduced it to has disliked it after watching a few episodes.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask if anyone has ever heard of a board game called Diplomacy. I'll just link the Wikipedia article if you're interested, but basically the object of the game is to take control of Europe set in the years before WWI. The players control Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Russia, and Turkey. It's a little like Risk, but the game is based on negotiating with other players rather than dice rolls, so there's no luck involved. I think it would be a good game for Hetalia roleplay, but I can never get enough of my friends interested in it.

Here's the article if you care:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
I've just caught up with the episodes recently. I'm glad China's come back ^^ I love his seiyuu and MCK. Japan trying to defend Russia from China was cute >3

France in ep 59 was a little...disturbing. I know he is usually, but that was just hilarious. Especially with the "Wow!", "Aah!" and "Beeeeeeeeeeeeep" censors XD

That Diplomacy game looks interesting. One of those long strategy games that are great fun with a lot of people. I'd think about playing it if I could ever find a big enough number of players (And if I was any good at negotiating)~

Last edited:

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Yeah, I was very disturbed by France in last week's episode. Has anyone seen this week's yet? It's mostly about Germany and Italy, which is good because Germany hasn't really done much lately. There's also a new character that I won't spoil! :)

*has a cutegasm over Chibi Japan* OMOCHIKAERIIIII~

I'm surprised there was so much Engrish besides from the Revolution arc previews. Apparently, that voiceover was from Junichi Kanemaru...seiyuu of Sonic The Hedgehog.

Shaymin*Sky

I watched all the episodes so far, and I have decided that 1. France is really, really...... Err... Yeah. 2. PASSTA! 3. And that Russia is my fav.
I really love the episode when they show chibi america. So cuttte!

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
This week's episode was pretty good. It seems that they're going back to the WWII timeline somewhat. That's always nice. The Boss Spain and Chibi Romano segments are probably going to be fairly regular as a replacement for Chibitalia. I don't know what's up with the Rome and Germania stuff, but as a former student of Latin, I find it fairly amusing. XD

-Xu-

I enjoyed the first series but think I'm kinda losing interest now.
Not sure if I just didn't like the different ED this week or I'm so used to Marukaite Chikyuu anything would sound odd.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
The new song kind of made me do a double-take. I didn't really like the sound of it as much as MKC, but I'd like to hear the full version. It just didn't seem as catchy to me. I thought it was weird that they decided to start a new ED right in the middle of the season, especially since this week's episode would have been perfect to use Switzerland's.

DarkLikeTheNewMoon

Sleepy Pyromaniac :3
Hello all~ Any room for another, da ze?

Hetalia is awesome! (I so didn't call my SS Tyrannitar 'Prussia', by the way.) I'm not to keen on the new OP/ED thing (I'm still not sure what it is X3), but I'll get used to it I suppose. Korea is my favorite, hands down, but I also love Su-San and Tino (Both of who I'm waiting for a reply to on the Bishie board to my claiming X33~)

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
I was so used to Marukaite Chikyuu, so it was really weird to hear the new ending at first. I think once I hear it a couple more times, it'll be just as catchy ^^ it's really cute though~

Ahaha! The recent episode's really funny XD there's some China/Japan and Italy/Japan moments that really made me laugh.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Has anyone seen this week's episode yet? It's a bit on the serious side. It's mostly about Austria and Prussia. :)

Last week's episode was hilarious! It was so wrong how they made fun of China, though. XD The Hello Kitty thing with the dragon that is apparently China's boss was genius. :p For some reason, I never get tired of watching that segment.