• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Azelf, Eat your Heart Out (5th Gen RMT)

Lunanight

The reason the title is called "azelf, eat your heart out" Is because victini can do what azelf can do but better

the "thing" it can do better is be a better suicide lead with a scarf and death gambit .
this team is just a test team as I am testing pokemon like latios to see how they do in the new metagame.
now that I got that out of the way:

I decided to build A team around "Victini" so it is a core member of the team
494.png

---
I then thought that Victini need a physical set up sweeper.
I went with lucario as it has 9 Resistances to back up its power and can easily KO 1 or 2 pokemon
494.png
448.png

---
I then needed a strong special sweeper, Latios came to mind as with its type coverage: I can super effect a lot of things, it also resists lucario's weaknesses
494.png
448.png
381.png

---
I also need a wall since my team currently needs one, nattorei has a massive 10 resistances which give it plenty of chances to switch in and set up some entry hazards.
it may only have 1 more then lucario but that is good for a wall
494.png
448.png
381.png
598.png

---
I needed someone to trap and kill walls with ease, shanderaa has shadow tag so nothing (except other shadow tag users, can escape from shanderaa

494.png
448.png
381.png
598.png
609.png

---
Finally, I need a revenge killer: arcanine fits the description as with the 5th gen, it gets close combat and wild bolt as some good coverage.
Wild bolt is a lot stronger then thunder fang and close combat gives it a way of hitting blissey and steel types like registeel

494.png
448.png
381.png
598.png
609.png
059.png

----
494.png

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Death Gambit
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Solarbeam

Woah, what is this: scarf victini with No Atk EV's or SpAtk EV's, guess what. it can use death gambit to act as a suicide lead and the opponents lead just lost 404 HP

the EV's are designed to have Max Speed AND Max Hp to allow for death gambit's highest damage and to outspeed Scarf Pokemon With Base 100Speed if they do not have a Speed Boosting Nature

Victini's Ability increases accuracy so I decided to have some fun with Fire blast, SolarBeam and Thunder just in-case they have a weather team to annoy me

448.png

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature (+Speed, -SpAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch / Earthquake

The Set is pretty easy to understand, I swords dance and hope That Lucario Survives and then Extremespeed to try and Get a Kill.

Shanderaa can switch in on a +2 ice punch and OHKO with flamethrower and since high jump kick and Extremespeed do not affect it, earthquake is a better option as I can OHKO shanderaa with ease

381.png

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder / Surf
- Psycho Shock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire

People thought Specs Latias draco meteor hit hard, Latios hits a lot harder.

psycho shock does 54.6% - 64.4% to Blissey so blissey wold not dare switch in on it.

draco meteor does 74.9% - 88.3% to skarmory and it RESISTS it so it would do more if it did not resist it.

598.png

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Explosion
- Protect

my stealth rock user, it can T-wave faster threats and can make the opponent play a guessing game on when I use protect.

it can then Explode in its face, it does not need much HP so I put it in Def and SpDef.

609.png

Shandera (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Nitro Charge
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

everybody and their mother hates this thing because of shadow tag, I have been testing it and it is FAR from broken (if it was a pseudo-legendary, it would be broken).

nitro charge boosts speed so it does not need a speed boosting nature, if you switch in on a choiced fighting type attack then I can boost its speed as much as I need to.

059.png

Arcanine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Flare Blitz
- Wild bolt

Wait, is that close combat? arcainine can not have close combat.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/egg/059.shtml

that link to arcainines egg moves pretty much says it all

the 4 moves give arcainine some good coverage and it does not have to use Thunder fang anymore

with 350 Attack and 433 Speed, it can hit pretty hard and can outspeed some scarfed pokemon

Oh, so arcainine can get Close Combat but Flygon or Sazandora do not get Dragon Dance

how does that make any sence, I am happy that arcainine gets new toys to play with (not a pun) but how the hell does it use close combat, it is a dog?

I have tested this team on pokemon online as my main team and I get more wins then losses

Last edited:

Plusle.

Plusle!
You have a massive ground weakness. Death gambit does not stop hazards as most leads run sash/sturdy.

Lunanight

even if they do, they would not know I have death gambit and will try to taunt me to stop me setting up as they will think I am a sweeper Victini.

My Victini Set Plays Similarly to lead azelf as it is supposed to set up but ends up sweeping sometimes

:wub:disc

more like :mam:anbou
Shandera + Arcanine is very redundant. they're both designed for revenge killing (Shandera is MAYBE intended for sweeping but tbh despite its attack it doesn't work too well), the only difference is that... one is physical and one is special. they barely give you any coverage, if you give Shandera a scarf it revenges pokemon easier and better than Arcanine.

i wouldn't say Victini is better than Azelf due to the lack of SR in its moveset but w/e. personally i don't like being 5-5 from the beginning of the match but it's not like you have a lack of fire types for resistances

093.gif