• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Azelf Over Lake Valor

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
A drawing I drew sometime in July... I don't think I ever showed it here. Please enjoy ^^

The drawing takes place sometime before Commander Satty blew it up. xD

AzelfOverLakeValor.jpg

Amazing Red

very good. Just Azelf looks weird, cuz his head is bigger than his body.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I love it, you make it seem kinda sad though, "Yea, this is how it looked before Saturn blew it up." XD Looks nice for the time being, if Azelf only knew....

ShinyPalkia

I like the style, the colors, its harmony, it's a good picture. But the crystals on Azelf's tails are too little, and I think the tails and the head are too big. It's a little weird that it looks like there's fog in the horizon, but at the lake there's not, what is odd because isn't there usually more fog at the lakes, because there's water that evaporates? I don't like the forest in front of the lake, it's too messy and it looks like 99% of the trees that are in front of the lake has fallen to earth while there's still two trees standing.

Last edited:

theplushinator

Wow..that is amazing. The things on the side of Azelfs head seem a bit short to me, but its a great picture and it doesnt make too much of a difference. I love how the colour looks so amazing and its something as simple as coloured pencils. It gives you the impression Azelf is just looking over the lake in harmony and balance guarding it or something.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Nice, and I love colored pencils.

Where's the island, though?

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
X-tremely X-quisite! Love it!

df006

The shading on Azelf is good, but you need to pay more attention to the background - the amount of light you put on the woods to the left is not in accordance with the light Azelf is getting... if you want to give Azelf more prominence without grating problems wth the light make a slight blue haze around it. But anyway, good work.

platinum breeder

Top class picture :), but Azelf's head could be slightly smaller. Anyway, have you thought of re-doing the picture but with a shiny Azelf

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
Whoa! So many comments ^^

Rika_of_Thunder - First comment hehehe. Thanks ^^ Oh, incase you or anybody else wanted to know, I use Prisma Color colored pencils. I recomend them because I think they're best for blending colors and mixing them. That's what I like to do in my colored drawings anyways :p (but they're pretty explensive)

thedudemister - Thank ya ~

Amazing Red - Thanks... I guess it is, but doesn't Azelf all ready have a big head? xD It looks like he has the biggest between the three of them. I dunno, it is too big, but thanks ^^

kirby8933083 - Aww, I didn't mean for it to be a sad pic... but now that I think of it, yeah, that matches. How sad... and thanks ^^

ShinyPalkia - You're the one who caught my obvious lazyness. ^^; What I tried to do was make it look hazy and humid in the sky with the moutains. And the tries... ahahaha... yep... I was pretty lazy then. ^^;

Lucazard - Thank you ^^

theplushinator - Thanks. ^^

Atoyont - Thank ya... and... the island is under the lake. Hah... I forgot about it I guess.

theanime-dialgamazter - Thanks ^^

Rayquaza Master777 - Thank-Q! xD

df006 - Ack, another screw up with this picture was the annoying fact that I was running out of greens... I litterally used up one pencil till it was a stub. And I still needed it. So for the rest of the mountains I had to use this ugly jade green color. I tried my best to match it... but that didn't really work. Thanks though. Thanks for the comment. ^^

platinum breeder -Big heads are cute... sometimes. xD Um, maybe? I don't like Azelf's shiny color much though

Thanks everybody. ^^ ~

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
You're welcome! I think that you should make one of Uxie next.

Draco_Patil

Splice Spriter
Wow dude, that is a great drawing. I dont care whether Azelf's head is too big, or that only two trees are present, its very aesthetically pleasing, especially the lake and the sky. The fog gives it a noce touch.
Id love to see some more stuff, doesnt have to be pokemon..

Spoon-Fork

a scribbler of sorts
Oh, I'm really fond of this, especially your use of colours, because I have the most difficult time with them. I really like how angular Azelf is, but his (Azelf is refered to as a he in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness) tail tips seem slightly larger than they should be. His jewel on his forehead is not supposed be pointed at the end, but its shading's is wonderous, and is the majority of this picture's shading. The lake looks very wonderful, but it's very slightly noticable, the shaded in which it makes it look almost fluffy. It's quite hard for me to use sharp pencils without making it look like it's fluffy. Maybe try a worn-down pencil? The trees seem a bit small, too. Other than those minor thing, I'm quite fond of this. The eyes stick out as extremely wonderous. Oh, do you mind a question about if you used a sketch before using colour pencils?

df006

All right, Super Gullwing, just posted an Uxie pic [coloured] for you to compare with yours. Comments wil bw welcome!

Bobby Frank JR

Mewy Christmas!
Cutely amazing! 10/10 It's absoluty amazing! Excellent shading and colours.

It is quite well done. I haven't seen many fan pictures of Azelf and to see one this well drawn is quite a treat. I was just wondering, how long did it take you to draw this? Hope to see similar works in the future.