• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Azumanga Daioh - Shipping Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
azumangalogo.png

Welcome to the Azumanga Daioh Shipping Discussion Thread. If you want to know, Azumanga Daioh is basically a 4koma series started by Kiyohiko Azuma and turned into an anime series later on.

Basically, your cast here are:

A child prodigy named Chiyo.
The spaced out Osaka/Ayumu.
A teacher who has never grown up from high school named Yukari.
The duo of Tomo and Yomi... Tomo being the hyper one while Yomi being too serious and likes to put Tomo down. ;)
The sports obsessed Kagura...
Very secretive and lone wolf and lover of animals, Sakaki.
Kaori, who is obviously lesbian for Sakaki.
Nyamo, also a teacher like Yukari who eventually gets dragged into Yukari's drinking sessions.
The pervert and pedophile and the only main male character in the series, Kimura.

Now we are gathered here to discussion various shipping hints/whatever pairing you like involving them~

The Rules:
1. The SPPf Rules. Yes, read them, learn them, live by them... *bricked*
2. The usual no bashing, flaming and other crap. If you don't like the pairing, don't talk about it unless you discuss it intelligently. If not, try to avoid creating conflict.
3. Who cares about spoilers? The series is finished, so yeah, you don't need them.
4. Credit whatever fanart you find to its actual site, not Google or Photobucket. Anything you think is above PG-13 should be placed in a spoiler.
5. Have fun and discuss away~

Topics:

None.

Our first topic for this place: What is/are your favorite pairing/s in the series and why?

I'll answer after I get some people joining the place... ;x

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
o-o I'm surprised no one has replied here yet...

What is/are your favorite pairing/s in the series and why?

OTP = Sakaki x Chiyo

I really love how Sakaki protected Chiyo from those wild cats and their interactions. Also, they're like parents to Maya. Well at least, that's how I view it. Hehe.

There needs more love for these two seriously. xD

I need to write something for them~

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Since no one else aside from Katsu replied, time for me to put here what is already placed in A;O...

YomixTomo - One of the shippings that caught my attention when I was watching the series. Let's face it, without Tomo, Yomi is really boring and Tomo is just plain annoying without Yomi... It's like you can't take these two apart... XD

YukarixNyamo - It makes me think of Yomi and Tomo, only older and more insane. In a way that even if Nyamo can't stand Yukari, the two of them are still together. It's just there... XD

KaorinxSakaki, yes, it's one sided and finally there's an anime that I like that actually shows a drop of lesbianism somewhere... :D Yes, it's either Sakaki's too oblivious or that she's too busy with wanting a cat to notice and love her rather than turn her attention to Kaorin...

So there we go. ;x

Medea

Excalibur
Told you I would pop on by! Okay, let me take a crack at it.

Yomi x Tomo - Almost like opposites attract with Yomi and Tomo. I mean, they scream at each other...Well Yomi does all the screaming, but I know she cares for Tomo. Plus, there are moments when Tomo acts a little too crazy for Yomi. But I enjoy these wonderful moments nevertheless.

Osaka x Chiyo - It's a cute ship that I have to bring up. Mostly for the fact that Osaka and Chiyo are just constantly together throughout most of the series. I honestly think that the two of them are cute together particularly in the scenes where they are in gym class and the fact that they stick together no matter what.

Sakaki x Kaorin - This is completely one-sided because as we all know, Kaorin is absolutely nuts for Sakaki and that's partly why I support it. It's because I can't help but feel sorry for Kaorin every time she tries to do something with Sakaki, it goes horribly wrong or someone interferes. If there were more episodes to the series, it would have been nice to see more dialogue between the two. It's just that Sakaki's attitude and whatnot throws me off this ship. And I know I'm gonna get bricked in the head for saying it, but I like the idea of Kaorin and Kimura. Okay, maybe that's asking for a complete bricking. Maybe it's because of the video I made.

Nyamo x Yukari - Almost the same reason that made me love Yomi x Tomo. It's basically because of their history that makes me like the ship. I mean, Yukari and Nyamo have known each other since their high school days and are now teachers. Plus in the series, Nyamo and Yukari have a few little inside jokes or hints about their own personal life which makes me believe that the two of them have experimented in the past. *evil giggle*

...LOVE LETTER! LOVE LETTER! LOVE LETTER! LOVE LETTER!

Need I say more?

Azumanga Daioh is such a wacky series full of very cute girls. This is a breeding ground for good and funny Ships. XD Though I'm yet to watch the series at all, I have a couple of Ships I root for.

Yukari & Nyamo. My top Ship in the series by far. Though it's mostly because Yukari is among my favorite characters, being such a hot, kinky, insane and easily angered woman. The fact that she's Nyamo's Heterosexual Life Partner just adds icing to the cake. I'm sure these two enjoy some fun time together at their home. >D Plus, even with Yukari's insanity and aggresive tendencies, Nyamo sticks with her, which speaks for itself ~ <3

Kagura & Sakaki. This one has the typical Foe Yay backing it up. Plus, it puts the hottest AzuDai girls together. I'd really love to make them have a Mudwrestling competition. *Nuked*

Yomi & Tomo. Avie made me like this one, mostly. But it's alright, since it's like a younger Yukari/Nyamo! Tomo is insane, and always gets Yomi out of her mind, which is always a funny sight to behold. 8D

Kaori & Sakaki. Same reasons as Avie. Kaori is completely lesbian for Sakaki, and really wants into her skirt. It's cute too, how she admires Sakaki so badly. <3

Kagura & Anyone. She's just that hot. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.