1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

B/W Glitches Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Ultimate Glalie, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

B/W Glitch Discussion Thread

Discuss any glitches you have come across in the games, or glitches such as the Sky Drop glitch, the ones listed here, and so on.

Personally, I haven't encountered any glitches yet unless you count this as a glitch.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. Twilight Gallade

Twilight Gallade The Gallade of Night

Here's a glitch that I learned the hard way. In Triple Battles, if two or more of your Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn, and if you have more than one Pokemon in reserve, then you're stuck. Basically, you choose one Pokemon to bring out, then it would allow you to choose another, but when you do, it says *said Pokemon* cannot be switched out now. Thus, you're stuck and have no choice but to reset.
    The moral here? SAVE BEFORE YOU DO A TRIPLE BATTLE.

3. boar

boar Member

I thought that originally but what you have to do is choose the one to send out, then the pokemon that it is replacing. Then you get to choose the second one.

4. Felix Thunderheart

Felix Thunderheart Pokemon Breeder J.L.

Not really. It happen to me you might doing something wrong

5. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

What's the Sky Drop glitch?

6. Umbreon9

Umbreon9 It's been a while...

Nope, no glitches! (And I would like it to stay that way) But I'd like to see this thread later, because glitches are pretty interesting when you're not the victim.
    I'd love to try the Sky Drop glitch, though. ;)

7. Twilight Gallade

Twilight Gallade The Gallade of Night

Wait...really? Hm...they could've made that a little more obvious, honestly.

Still, that helps.

8. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

9. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

It happened to me but I didn't reset...I had one Pokemon left which was my Zebstrika and it wouldn't let me send him out and I clicked on my fainted Haxorus and it sent out my Zebstrika.

Another glitch is in a building I walked right on top of this old lady a few times and couldn't move until she moved.

10. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

I don't think the verdict was ever final, but there's a decent chance that Sheer Force's ability to ignore things like Red Card, Life Orb, Shell Bell, and so on is a glitch.

11. DarthUr

DarthUr Gentleman Arthur

both my and my girlfriend's games wouldn't let us nickname minccino ChiChi

12. Was it found in a trade?

13. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.

14. DoubleJG3288

DoubleJG3288 ポケモンはすごい!!

Chichis are breasts in Spanish.

15. Guy89

Guy89 I WIN

When I'm picking a move sometimes it goes to a description of the move instead of using it.

16. Aruseus3309

Aruseus3309 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just curious.... is this a glitch?

When in the Celestial Tower in Route 7, after entering the 3rd floor, when you press B, every trainer moves a certain direction...I'm sure they only move towards the direction you're running from but I thought it was weird.

17. deokishisu.123

deokishisu.123 Justified Trope

i noticed that too. i was like 'WTF IS THIS TRICKERY?!', but i worked around it.

18. Monochromatic

Monochromatic A.k.a: Nemo

I have a really weird situation on my hands.

I'm walking on Driftveil Drawbridge for the first time on Black. Everything is fine; I pick up a Clever Wing off the ground. I walking on the bridge, and I'm surprised to hear the flapping sounds, but no feathers falling to the bridge. I really want a Ducklett for my team, so I'm looking all over the place. I've doubled back on the bridge, I've exited and re-entered. I'm not using a Bike or anything...All that's left is resetting (I saved just before the bridge, luckily).

Anyone else have this odd...glitch? If it is a glitch at all?

19. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

I've yet to encounter any glitches of any sort, although there's talk on Bulbagarden that the gender ratios may have been screwed up. A lot of people are having trouble trying to get a male Scraggy, and someone reports that over half of his Pokemon turned out to have Careful natures, and he doesn't even have a Synchronize Pokemon, so it can't be that.

Actually, I think I may have found a glitch or two, both involving the GTS. It seems that former Shadow Pokemon can't be traded because of their special ribbon. The GTS wouldn't allow me to put my Mr. Mime up for trade, giving me the exact same line as if I had tried to trade off something with a Classic Ribbon. This was not the case in Generation IV, because I distinctly remember trading away my Sing+Dream Eater Froslass. Also, it won't allow me to trade my Skuntank. Nothing out of the ordinary about it, either. I bred it in Platinum, trained it myself, only ribbon is the Effort Ribbon. When I try to offer it, it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!", and then gives me some five-digit number in parentheses, almost like an error code. The only possible problem I can think of is that it knows Iron Tail. But the GTS doesn't ban trades involving stuff with moves that they could only get in past generations via TM, because I traded away a Shock Wave Chimecho with no problems.

20. Mario with Lasers

Mario with Lasers Unfazeable

...Just in case, go check if Iron Tail bypass Wonder Guard.

Just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.