• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W Glitches Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyashii

I have a really weird situation on my hands.

I'm walking on Driftveil Drawbridge for the first time on Black. Everything is fine; I pick up a Clever Wing off the ground. I walking on the bridge, and I'm surprised to hear the flapping sounds, but no feathers falling to the bridge. I really want a Ducklett for my team, so I'm looking all over the place. I've doubled back on the bridge, I've exited and re-entered. I'm not using a Bike or anything...All that's left is resetting (I saved just before the bridge, luckily).

Anyone else have this odd...glitch? If it is a glitch at all?

Don't worry, it's not a glitch.
I had the same thing happen.

The problem was the "shadow" that yields either Feather or Ducklett can also appear on the black areas that follow the very edge of the bridge so it can be extremely hard to see.

Next time this happens, take a look at the bridge edges carefully.
Also be noted that you can hear the sound before you can actually see the shadow, so you may need to move farther on the bridge.

DarthUr

Gentleman Arthur
That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.

they did a poor job of it
my girlfriend has a habit of giving pokemon she has trouble catching rude names
we now have a ducklett named A-Fer
not censored

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Yeah, the new nickname filter is rather flawed. One extra letter, number, character, or even space will make a name allowable. I tried naming a Fearow the F-word, nothing. Added an "e" to the end of it, success.

And it's not just cuss words and sexual stuff either (it's odd that "chichi" isn't allowed when "boobs" is, though). You can't nickname anything "Hitler", "nazi", or "9/11". It seems that anything that could be considered offensive to anyone is blocked. Oddly, though, "racist" is allowed.

DarthUr

Gentleman Arthur
i'm off topic
but one thing i really can't stand is fear of words

my one and only cause is obscenity
mostly in scrabble...

Serebii!

In the 8th gym on a Japanese game I found a tile that you can stand on that I don't think you should be able to, you are standing on nothing, I cant remember where this is

elorasheppard

I haven't found a glitch as such but I was playing white on a ds with no working touch screen (not usually a problem with pokemon, the A button works) but when I was dragged to the music hall by Bianca you have to use the touch screen to put props on. I had to reset my game so I lost three hours :(

Blazios

Just encountered a glitch. I'm rebattling the Elite 4 to level up my Haxorus and Volcarona. Shauntal's Jellicent's Cursed Body activated on my Volcarona's Psychic. Now, ain't that ability supposed to work on physical contact moves, as opposed to any move?

That's not a mistake, it works on any attack. Serebii's description is wrong.

blak

Fortunately, I haven't encountered any glitch so far.
And that's a good thing...

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I did have the game freeze after I tried to name a sandile. also I would agree that genders can often be less than random for 50/50 ones.

I would really appreciate a cloning glitch though =)

MagnetonNr1

Steel-type Trainer
I haven't found a glitch as such but I was playing white on a ds with no working touch screen (not usually a problem with pokemon, the A button works) but when I was dragged to the music hall by Bianca you have to use the touch screen to put props on. I had to reset my game so I lost three hours :(

Oh - that could become a problem, as you HAVE to do this. No way to bypass it...

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I think I've encountered a glitch, any explanation would be appreciated. Basically, I was training my Dewott in Chargestone Cave, fighting Ferroseeds. The weird thing was that all of the Ferroseeds were quicker than my Dewott. Now, Dewott was 6 levels higher than these Ferroseeds, and holding a Mystic Water, no speed reducing items. Ferroseed's have a base speed stat of 10 and Dewott one of 50, I cannot understand why I was slower :/

R_N

I think I've encountered a glitch, any explanation would be appreciated. Basically, I was training my Dewott in Chargestone Cave, fighting Ferroseeds. The weird thing was that all of the Ferroseeds were quicker than my Dewott. Now, Dewott was 6 levels higher than these Ferroseeds, and holding a Mystic Water, no speed reducing items. Ferroseed's have a base speed stat of 10 and Dewott one of 50, I cannot understand why I was slower :/

By chance, were you using Revenge?

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!

Maybe you had a bad nature.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!

Try a friend's DS. That should work.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
When I'm picking a move sometimes it goes to a description of the move instead of using it.
You're holding 'L' when you select the move, that's why it's going to the move description

Status
Not open for further replies.