• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W Glitches Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUE-MEW

What is existence?
not sure if this is really a glitch but 40/50 of my caught pokemon are careful and sassy natures... wierd coincidence or glitch in nature ratios?
(also 2/5 volcaronas is careful or sassy... i think something is wrong with my game, also also, 200 SRs on volcarona, not 1 timid 1... i must be really unlucky -__-

also a minor graphical glitch on victory road, far to the left on the bottom(past the ledge) if you stand facing the wall 2 spaces over from the border a black line runs across the boundry, not major, just wierd

also when entering the ruins(volcarona room) my game froze on a black screen as if it couldnt load it, had to SR, only lost about 20 minutes and 3 levels though so nbd (same thing happened on a random spot in grass before i beat the elite four, like it was loading to start the wild battle, but it just repeated the music and stayed frozen, i eventually just sr)

i think my games volcarona is cursed xD
... now that i think about it ive only seen like 10 male volcaronas...

Last edited:

Embree

I think there's a glitch with catching pokemon, or my mind is ****ing with me. Sometimes, it'll only 'twitch' once after throwing a pokeball and it'd say the pokemon was caught. I'm almost convinced I'm just seeing things - has anybody else experienced this?

.:Alex:.

That's critical capture. You may also notice it makes a metallic noise as well when that happens. Critical capture is basically a random thing that happens, that significantly boosts the chance of capture.

bones090

< brav man i is sick
I think there's a glitch with catching pokemon, or my mind is ****ing with me. Sometimes, it'll only 'twitch' once after throwing a pokeball and it'd say the pokemon was caught. I'm almost convinced I'm just seeing things - has anybody else experienced this?

I have, but if it was a glitch it would be more complex. At least you get the Pokemon without having to wait for 3 twitches.

Ultimate Glalie

That isn't a glitch. It's called a Critical Capture.

Missingno.Fan

I don't know if you would call this a glitch but it seems like whenever I am riding a bike through the grass and I have a random encounter it seems like I freeze for like a whole second before something happens.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Not sure if it's a glitch specific to my ds or what. But whenever I try to log onto wi-fi using any 5th Gen games (my copy and I used mine to get the liberty ticket for some friends) it takes multiple attempts to log on (giving me error 52000, which is basically trouble getting and IP address). Fortunately when I do get on, it works like it's supposed to.

This is only for Gen 5 games. I've used all my 4th Gen games and they've logged on without any problems. So it's either the ds or the wireless security has changed with the new games.

Aegon

I don't know if you would call this a glitch but it seems like whenever I am riding a bike through the grass and I have a random encounter it seems like I freeze for like a whole second before something happens.

That always happens to me, too. I've noticed that quite a lot. I run into a patch of grass, and I can't move, then about 0.5 seconds later, it zooms in a starts the wild battle.

In Accumula Town, after my brother had defeated Cheren, as the screen turns black to exit the battle, it froze.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
This may just be me or something to do with the RNG, but I generally find the exact same 5 natures over and over again when I'm SR against a legendary.

Also, was on the GTS and it glitched up after I tried putting up my Zoroa, it showed that Mew as still on there (And it wasn't). Another check and it was the correct Pokémon though.

hever

022611229PM
The old woman in the house on top of the hill in Driftveil speaks really slow. I mean the text speed is slow when you talk to her, even when I had my text speed set to fast.

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
for those of you thinking that when you click on a move and a description com up its not a glitch when you hold down L it shows the descript instead thats why they removed the L=A option.

My game got stuck in a load loop upon attempting to activate the C-Gear one time. Had to reset.

You can tap the screen to skip the loading...

The game does take a while sometimes when you find a Pokemon to load the battle, doesn't it? And I think that old lady that talks slow is supposed to talk slow so you know she's supposed to be a slow talker or something.

Glitches? Hmm... dunno if this is a glitch, but I did have a hard time dragging props off in the Pokemon Musical the one time I tried it.

DaTreeko =3

Be VERY afraid.
^ Same thing. Props took like, 3 minutes to get off.
Besides that, I haven't a had any glitches. Oh wait- I've had one.
I was on the ferris wheel, and as it was, uh, turning, it froze for a second.
I just beilieve it was because we entered a Wi-fi area.
Good thang I don't have the nature glitch.
I wouldn't like my whole team to be Calm- or Modest.

Profesco

gone gently
Probably not a glitch, or at least not unintentional, but when you teach a Pokemon a move with more PP than the move you're replacing, the newly learned move has the same PP as the move it replaced instead of its own max PP.

But they probably did that so you can't just eternally restore PP by alternately teaching your Pokemon the same two TMs every time one of them falls to 0 PP, since TMs are reusable now.

You win this round, Gamefreak... >=/

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Probably not a glitch, or at least not unintentional, but when you teach a Pokemon a move with more PP than the move you're replacing, the newly learned move has the same PP as the move it replaced instead of its own max PP.

But they probably did that so you can't just eternally restore PP by alternately teaching your Pokemon the same two TMs every time one of them falls to 0 PP, since TMs are reusable now.

definetely not a glitch

PokemonOwn

It's not a glitch, it just happens. They gave the TMs an advantage, and then a disadvantage to balance it out.

It's weird, because for about four Pokemon I've fought so far, whenever my Levanny (Adamant) False Swipes it, and then captures it, it's Adamant. Lucky me. :p

Blazios

The old woman in the house on top of the hill in Driftveil speaks really slow. I mean the text speed is slow when you talk to her, even when I had my text speed set to fast.

I'm pretty sure that's not a glitch. N talks faster than normal on every speed setting and Cheren points it out, so this is also probably intentional.

Riversong

Buggy down.
Sometimes there won't be any sound on my side, during a battle. For example, I first noticed it when I was facing a wild Audino with my Archen, and it used doubleslap on me. It showed the animation for the slapping, but no sound could be heard except for the actual damage sound when the hp bar goes down (it sounds like a simple crunch). Using an item, it made the first bling sound, but not the ~restoring~ sound. I don't know how to explain this well. But now it occurs every so often, and it won't go away unless I turn the game off and back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.