• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W Glitches Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
No glitches I don't think. Although in my JPN White, for some reason I couldn't nickname my Pokemon certain curse words.

Gallade Dark Soul

Type: Psychic/Dark
You're seeing things
U know, ur probably right. It was like 11 at night now that i think of it. Sorry for wastin space! U^_^

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I was battling a wild Cherrim and it was raining and it used Solarbeam, but it used it a turn early!

What happened:
Turn 1: Cherrim uses Solarbeam, begins charging.
Turn 2: The attack happened.

What SHOULD HAVE happened:
Turn 1: Cherrim uses Solarbeam, begins charging.
Turn 2: Still charging, because it's raining.
Turn 3: The attack happens.

Solarbeam has always been happens on the second turn, unless it's sunny, which is instant instead of waiting until the second turn.

It never happens on the third turn. It's always first turn charges, second turn goes boom, regardless of weather, again unless it is sunny, which makes it instant.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
This is true. You are not allowed to give your Pokemon certain names anymore. So if you try to call your Pokemon the f-word or something, the game won't let you.

*Chuckles* They would even ban their OWN Pokémon name. You need to nickname your Cofagrigus before setting up for a trade on the GTS. And no, it's not because it knows "Curse".

@Electric w/Solar Beam Rain issue

Solar Beam always fires at the 2nd turn unless the sunlight is harsh. However, under rain and sand storm weather, the damage is decreased by 50%.

PsychoIncarnate

*Chuckles* They would even ban their OWN Pokémon name. You need to nickname your Cofagrigus before setting up for a trade on the GTS. And no, it's not because it knows "Curse".

@Electric w/Solar Beam Rain issue

Solar Beam always fires at the 2nd turn unless the sunlight is harsh. However, under rain and sand storm weather, the damage is decreased by 50%.

In his defense, I also thought that Solar Beam took 3 turns in rain.

creature

you know when you have that long bit att the end, catch zekrom, fight n, read a epicly long speech, fight ghetis, read epic speach, long end credit's then finally you start back at your hourse with everything? my game didnt, it re started my outside the door to fight N i had to do this 4 times before it even saved ! MAJORLY VEXED after all that !!!

Porygandrew

you know when you have that long bit att the end, catch zekrom, fight n, read a epicly long speech, fight ghetis, read epic speach, long end credit's then finally you start back at your hourse with everything? my game didnt, it re started my outside the door to fight N i had to do this 4 times before it even saved ! MAJORLY VEXED after all that !!!

....did you shut off your DS prematurely?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've heard of people having trouble with their C-Gear. Apparently, a lot of games have been freezing up when the C-Gear system is turned on. I think it's a glitch in certain games. I was afraid that my copy of the games might contain that glitch but mine seem perfectly fine. I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced this glitch.

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
The sky drop glitch is funny. I know of an extremely minor one. When you do multi battles with a computer the battle option screen is slow and it chops. Again it's minor haha I am very aware.

Nebbio

NINJA!

I did this to. I was annoyed. But it only saves at the end of the credits.

Crazy_Possum

On my White Version, the game froze twice: first in N's Castle on the way to N and second in the battle with Ghetsis. This has never happened before or after these two times. Has this happened to anyone else?

Has anyone else had this problem?

PsychoIncarnate

I've heard of people having trouble with their C-Gear. Apparently, a lot of games have been freezing up when the C-Gear system is turned on. I think it's a glitch in certain games. I was afraid that my copy of the games might contain that glitch but mine seem perfectly fine. I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced this glitch.

Tell them to try and touch the screen. It seems to freeze on my DS lite, but it fixes when I touch the screen

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
Okay, here's something I'd like to know:

My Serperior knows Dragon Tail. I was training in the Relic Castle, and I was fighting Yamask and Sandile, along with their evolved forms. I used Dragon Tail against them, and the battle didn't end. later tested it out against Sandslash and Onix in the lower levels, and the same effect.

Am I missing something here?

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team

it sounds stupid, but are they :pressing to continue: when the little warning thing comes up? i didnt and i thought it froze at first.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.

No longer can I call my pokemon d**kface

I haven't encountered any glitches

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
it sounds stupid, but are they pressing to continue: when the little warning thing comes up? i didnt and i thought it froze at first.

I'm not sure if that's the issue with their games but that did happen to me. I got scared since I thought the game had frozen but I just pressed A and the game resumed as usual. I'll have to ask around to see what the real problem is. All I heard was that some people's games were freezing up when they attempted to turn on their C-Gear but I didn't get any more details.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

I've run into this glitch myself. Very annoying. I don't even bother turning it on when I have it off.

It only happens when I have it turned off and then try to turn it on. It starts and then freezes. Not good.

So if I want to use it, I'll have my DS plugged in, since it only has so much juice in it... and I'll use it then and not turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.