• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconx03

Legendary
Or Game Freak could make the Hoenn remake it own game and charge you full price for it.

Looker never said that N was in Hoenn but rather said that he was in another region.

No just no, Johto was weighted down by Kanto as the trainer level was a far too low and made the game too easy.

Also Mistralton's Airport was really to hammer in the point that Unova is far away from the other past region, it also show case that Mistralton Gym Leader was a master of flying type pokémon.

Have to agree with all of your counterpoints. Plus, I doubt they could fit all of Hoenn + upgrades/new stuff and Unova + upgrades/new stuff all on one cart. Unless they get military hardware for the carts but then the games cost would skyrocket and GF would lose money.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I guess kyurem isnt the corpse of the 'one dragon'. but how exactly does it fit to make the trio? it has to have some involvement to make it apart of the trio.

Like with giratina it needs to have some involvement with reshiram and zekrom. It falling from a meteorite sounds very strange to me. there has to be something behind it.

I think the 'one dragon' could be in Gen 6. I dont think it will be Fire/Electric type. it has to be something else.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
...but how exactly does it fit to make the trio? it has to have some involvement to make it apart of the trio.

The "one dragon" conversation with Drayden and Iris doesn't really justify that it is Kyurem. In fact, the game really has no explanation as to how Kyurem is related to Zekrom and Reshiram. Even its Dex entry doesn't say anything. There's not even a mention of Kyurem in the game script.

If ever, the third version should explain it.

The "one dragon" conversation with Drayden and Iris doesn't really justify that it is Kyurem. In fact, the game really has no explanation as to how Kyurem is related to Zekrom and Reshiram. Even its Dex entry doesn't say anything. There's not even a mention of Kyurem in the game script.

Exactly, we'll find out the full story of Kyurem and it's relation with Reshiram and Zekrom in the 3rd game.

Last edited:

cantab

:: A placeholder for a Kyurem Forme was found in the game's coding.
If this is correct, then I think it's highly probable Kyurem will get an alternate form in the new games, a la Giratina's Origin Forme. Kyurem's 660 BST is unusually low for one of a generation's "main" legendaries, they normally get 670 or 680, so for an alternate form to have a higher BST - 690 or 700, perhaps - might be logical.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire

I know. My whole point was, that Kyurem's story of why it is linked with the other two will be in Grey :p

I hope Kyurem does get a forme change and i hope it gets slightly better stats. I think its two sig moves should be with its new forme

aeroboy93

The Past Is Now
I really hope they make the remakes of r/s/e. I thought they were very good games. I'm not very fused about a third game as part of the b/w set. I didn't like it as much as the other games. A bit off topic, what console do you think these games will be made on because I don't have a 3DS and I would prefer not to buy one just for a game. However since it would be a r/s/e remake I probably would buy one just for it.

I'm currently doing a replay of Black and i've just picked up on the fact that Skyla, the mistralton gym leader, states in a conversation with the player and C.Juniper 'Professor, my plane is a cargo plane! It carries cargo, not people! And you're talking as if places like Kanto and Sinnoh are right around the corner!'. Perhaps this means Hoenn is closer to Unova, which may mean the two regions could be related. This is just and idea and has no concrete evidence.

Last edited:

SurfingHaxorus

Ok everyone taking about the hints for R/S/E remakes in B/W but I saw some hints for even remakes on Red and Blue!

1. Kanto is taked about by Skyla
2. Basclin red and blue striped froms could reference red and blue
3. The Charizard Bridge

Heck Gamefreak could surprise us and remake both R/B and R/S!

R_N

Ok everyone taking about the hints for R/S/E remakes in B/W but I saw some hints for even remakes on Red and Blue!

3. The Charizard Bridge

Oh dear I appear to have stepped back 8 years where every single tiny thing was OMG JOHTO REMAKES COMING NEXT

aeroboy93

The Past Is Now
Your totally right there is going to be a Jhoto remake. The plot in Mistralton is very similar to that of Olivine. There is an ill Pokemon at the top of a tall structure.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Your totally right there is going to be a Jhoto remake. The plot in Mistralton is very similar to that of Olivine. There is an ill Pokemon at the top of a tall structure.

Your right as well, there will be Johto remakes, and remakes of gen 1. In fact, they have already been remade. FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver. Everyone seems to have forgotten about them already and i dont know why. The only reason anyone is speculating about Ruby/Sapphire remakes is because of the remakes for gen 1 and gen 2. Why would gamefreak remake something thats already been remade. As a fan base our patience, while impressive, is limited. Personally i think remakes of remakes would be a total bomb and i hope their sales department thinks like me. But hey, maybe im really the lone wolf here and everyone disagrees, who knows?

aeroboy93

The Past Is Now
I highly doubt they will actually make remakes for the remakes already done. As much as i liked s/g/c i didnt play the remakes that much. I got ss and the silly person that i am i let my girlfriend play it and forgot to get it back before i broke up with her. I really hope they will make the r/s/e remakes. If there are actually hints in the games for the possibilities for remakes then that is mint because there is quite a few. But if they are just there for fun then I don't mind.

3. The Charizard Bridge

1. Also sinnoh is talked about skyla.
2. Not every thing that's colored red and blue is a hint for R/S remakes.
3. They won't remake a remake.
They will probably add a sevii islands in the R/S remakes instead.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They will probably add a sevii islands in the R/S remakes instead.

*sigh* ...here we go again...

No. Sevii Islands' main purpose in FRLG is to give players something to play post-game, and to provide players a way to catch majority of Gen 2 Pokemon unavailable in RS at that time.

What other purpose does Sevii serve? Nothing. Chances of Sevii Islands being included is 0%.

A note to everyone that will post in this thread, please elaborate WHY do you think the hint may lead to a future game.
Not because a certain something was referenced in the game, it doesn't necessarily hint a future game.

Aegon

Not because a certain something was referenced in the game, it doesn't necessarily hint a future game.
This is the principle problem with speculation here. A large majority don't seem to realise that references do not indicate a remake. Pokémon has been going strong for almost twenty years. The nods to past games are simply there to reaffirm that these are the continuation of the games players have loved in the past. They also provide recognition for, and enhance the experience of, long-time players. They're just references.

Now, something from Black and White that would tell us remakes are close is the fact that the Dive Ball's original function has been restored; it can now catch Pokémon using a greater multiplier underwater, even though there are no Pokémon to be found underwater in Unova.

Vandslaux

Now, something from Black and White that would tell us remakes are close is the fact that the Dive Ball's original function has been restored; it can now catch Pokémon using a greater multiplier underwater, even though there are no Pokémon to be found underwater in Unova.

3rd gen diving back, possibly?

cantab

I really hope they make the remakes of r/s/e. I thought they were very good games. I'm not very fused about a third game as part of the b/w set. I didn't like it as much as the other games. A bit off topic, what console do you think these games will be made on because I don't have a 3DS and I would prefer not to buy one just for a game.
I think the third version to BW will be on the 3DS. Just can't see it being on last gen's console as it were.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Diamond and Pearl remakes on the 3DS, simply because they would be easier for Game Freak to make. Every game from DP onwards has used 3D polygonal models for the environment, with sprites for the characters. It would be trivial to port that to the 3DS, taking advantage of the 3D features. RSE, by contrast, are entirely sprite-based, so to remake them for the 3DS would be significantly more work for Game Freak.

The Dive Ball I think at most suggests that Grey will have underwater Pokemon locations. Or it could have been that underwater wild Pokemon were planned for BW but then dropped.

*sigh* ...here we go again...

No. Sevii Islands' main purpose in FRLG is to give players something to play post-game, and to provide players a way to catch majority of Gen 2 Pokemon unavailable in RS at that time.

What other purpose does Sevii serve? Nothing. Chances of Sevii Islands being included is 0%.

A note to everyone that will post in this thread, please elaborate WHY do you think the hint may lead to a future game.
So is it better to remake the remakes of R/G?, I think it's better to add Sevii islands, like they can make a place there where we can re-challenge the Gym
leaders of hoenn, also encounter some kanto people like Blue and capture some new legendarys there, it's just an opinion thought, I didn't say it's going to happen 100%.

ebevan91

Reading this thread really makes me want a R/S/E remake.

Very underrated Gen if you ask me.

It was my third favorite Gen when there were only 3 Gens, and now that there's 5 Gens, it's still my third favorite Gen because I didn't like 4th or 5th Gen that much at all.

I just said Gen a bunch lol.

Oh, and when I say Gen, I mean the Pokemon, not the games themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.