• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
I think R/S remakes are most likely next, although I want an Emerald remake for the 3DS. Maybe its partner version can be Yellow, because I would love to see a Kanto game for the 3DS!

SmeargleArtist

I see dead people
in mistralton, skyla hints that you may be able to travel to different regions, which would be awesome because it would make the game much more fun! we could battle all the gym leaders and protagonists.

memond

The Dragon Slayer
Personally i think that there will be a remake for Ruby and Saphire because they tend to make a remake in between games from gen 3 onward. Plus there are pokemon that haven't been apart of regional pokedex from gen 3. (such as Ludicolo, Sharpedo, Wailord, Metagross, and Salamence).

BCVM22

I think R/S remakes are most likely next, although I want an Emerald remake for the 3DS. Maybe its partner version can be Yellow, because I would love to see a Kanto game for the 3DS!

They would not remake Emerald, which was itself 80% material from Ruby and Sapphire. They would remake the paired titles and fold in material from Emerald where necessary.

They would also not remake Yellow, for reasons I hope don't require explanation.

in mistralton, skyla hints that you may be able to travel to different regions, which would be awesome because it would make the game much more fun! we could battle all the gym leaders and protagonists.

She doesn't "hint at you traveling to different regions." "Hinting" would imply feasibility behind the concept you suggested. All she's doing is talking to you about the planes. It's an airport - is she going to wax eloquent to you about the pot of coffee brewing in the pilots' lounge?

You guys, this is not a thread where you think there will be remakes. This is a thread discussing events, dialogue, items, etc that give off HINTS to future games.

We get it, the majority of members here want a remake of the Hoenn games but if you don't want to be infracted with spam, tell us what in these new Black and White games foreshadows that remake. Otherwise you're just spamming with "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ OF THE PATTERN OF GAME RELEASES" or "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ ITS AWESUM" Don't forget to back up/prove your hints.

Grei

not the color
References to older generations are not necessarily hints for future games.

The only hints we have that could possibly lead to future games are the following:
:: The original function of the Dive Ball was restored, which makes it more effective on underwater Pokémon. There are no wild Pokémon underwater in Unova.
:: You can obtain Shoal Salt and Shoal Water in the game, despite that fact that it has no use in this game.
:: A placeholder for a Kyurem Forme was found in the game's coding.
:: Future events involving Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

The rest are plain references.

I agree with this. Also, that Diving is back as an HM is sort of a hint, in my opinion.

So, I was listening to episode 66 of the It's Super Effective podcast, and they were talking about Mistralton City. It hit me at the point where SBJ was saying that they didn't do anything with the planes, and he and David said "Not yet."

Then it hit me.

What if in Pokemon Grey, we're getting Hoenn along with it? It'd be hard to go back and redo the R/S games without Kanto, since they canonically take place at the same time. Why not just throw it in this way?

What really convinces me though is when you beat the Pokemon League (I think it's a bit late to worry about spoilers anymore), Looker said that there were reports of N in Hoenn flying on some Dragon Pokemon. So, you go to Hoenn to find out what happened to him, and at the same time, take place in the League.

And you get to Hoenn via Mistralton's Airport! They had to have had a reason for including that, you know? Thoughts?

I really, really like your idea, but I doubt it'll happen, for the reasons blaze boy gave.

Oh dear I appear to have stepped back 8 years where every single tiny thing was OMG JOHTO REMAKES COMING NEXT

"The Johto artwork is outdated! Remake confirmed!"

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
You guys, this is not a thread where you think there will be remakes. This is a thread discussing events, dialogue, items, etc that give off HINTS to future games.

We get it, the majority of members here want a remake of the Hoenn games but if you don't want to be infracted with spam, tell us what in these new Black and White games foreshadows that remake. Otherwise you're just spamming with "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ OF THE PATTERN OF GAME RELEASES" or "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ ITS AWESUM" Don't forget to back up/prove your hints.

In addition to this, we will delete future posts that doesn't follow the rules.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but:

Despite introducing the Prism Scale as a new way of evolving Feebas to Milotic, one transfered from a previous game with Max Beauty will still evolve upon leveling up. As the contest stat is still measured despite an alternative being introduced, this may be a hint to an upcoming game that includes contests (be it a Hoenn remake/sequel or a new region with contests).

Again, this isn't necessarily a "hint" but it does provide some indication that contest stats are still deemed important in the 5th Generation.

I've noticed that every single start to a generation after and including Gen III has a person on vacation from the region they're going to remake next.

Examples:

Lilycove City: Man from Kanto

The resort outside of Pastoria City: woman from Johto (not to mention Jasmine and other references)

Undella Town: person from Hoenn.

It could just be coincidence, but I honestly think it's a hint at this point.

tgf0cj101

The Shy Guy Trainer
Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
References to older generations are not necessarily hints for future games.

The only hints we have that could possibly lead to future games are the following:
:: The original function of the Dive Ball was restored, which makes it more effective on underwater Pokémon. There are no wild Pokémon underwater in Unova.
:: You can obtain Shoal Salt and Shoal Water in the game, despite that fact that it has no use in this game.
:: A placeholder for a Kyurem Forme was found in the game's coding.
:: Future events involving Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

The rest are plain references.

I can expand on the Dive resurrection. If you look at the HM lists for Gen III and Gen V, you'll see that apart from Flash and Rock Smash (HM's 5 and 6 in Gen III, TM's 70 and 94 in Gen V, respectively), the lists are identical.

I've noticed that every single start to a generation after and including Gen III has a person on vacation from the region they're going to remake next.

Examples:

Lilycove City: Man from Kanto

The resort outside of Pastoria City: woman from Johto (not to mention Jasmine and other references)

Undella Town: person from Hoenn.

It could just be coincidence, but I honestly think it's a hint at this point.

I remember those people, but never gave them much thought until recently.

As far as Kyurem goes, if I remember right, the pieces of mythology are these: Reshirem and Zekrom were once one dragon, and that dragon split into two but leaving behind a shell of sorts; and Kyurem came off a meteorite and landed in the Giant Chasm. From what I can see, there aren't any in-game references that Kyurem is the leftover shell from the Reshirem/Zekrom split, but considering how they have similar physical features, have dual-typing with Dragon as the primary type and the open pieces in the game's code for a Kyurem alternate form, special hold item and signature attack, I'm willing to bet that there is a connection among the dragons. My theory is this: before the split, the "one dragon" had to have flown high enough to not be able to be seen by the naked eye, high enough to where the leftover part from the split would fall in such a way that the people living in the area of the crash site would not know what exactly landed there or where it came from. Kyurem's Ice-typing could be a side-effect of the high altitude of the split or the fall to Giant Chasm afterwards. Something to think about, at least until Gray/Grey comes around.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
In BW059, dark red and dark blue orbs were used alongside black and white orbs to call forth Landorus.

I hope I dont have to explain the Dark RED orb and Dark BLUE orb.

Last edited:

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..

The anime dictates nothing to the games and presents nothing relevant to the discussion.

Quote from a Mod regarding to this thread, nowhere does it say that the Anime cannot be used as something that give off HINTS to future games.

When you find that exact wording tell me something, and you yourself are not contributing to the actual discusion of this thread, rather trying to correct someone else, if you really want to do that apply to be a Mod so you can do that all day to your heart's content. I bid you Adieu.

BCVM22

I think you misunderstand. You can try and cite things from the anime all you want - the point remains that the anime dictates nothing to the games, or if you need a more specific example, it means very little that a red orb and a blue orb were used in the anime (for purposes of summoning a Unova Legendary, no less).

I'm sorry you tried to present something largely irrelevant as a hint, I guess...? Probably my fault. I'll you'll someone will do better next time.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
In BW059, dark red and dark blue orbs were used alongside black and white orbs to call forth Landorus.

I hope I dont have to explain the Dark RED orb and Dark BLUE orb.

Quote from a Mod regarding to this thread, nowhere does it say that the Anime cannot be used as something that give off HINTS to future games.

The title of the thread speaks for itself. "B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games". Keyword: "in-game". Only reference the game and nothing else.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
The title of the thread speaks for itself. "B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games". Keyword: "in-game". Only reference the game and nothing else.

No feces, I realized that but the Mod make an error by saying "You guys, this is not a thread where you think there will be remakes. This is a thread discussing events, dialogue, items, etc that give off HINTS to future games."
and not mentioning that the anime is irrelevant. It just says to discuss about hints we find, the mod's post did not mention that the limit is "in-game' the title does however so yeah i was wrong.

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
Well, the main point of FR/LG and HG/SS was to make money, and to get another generation of kids playing the games; transferring pokes was just a cool side effect. So as long as people will buy them, I'm pretty sure GF will keep making remakes.

Old post but FireRed and LeafGreen were made because there was no other way to get Kanto Pokemon such as Slowpoke or Bulbasaur in Ruby and Sapphire. Notice how they also dropped the "Gotta catch'em all" slogan around this time. And HeartGold and SoulSilver were just pure fan service since the moment FRLG Came out people speculated a GSC remake.

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
Ok everyone taking about the hints for R/S/E remakes in B/W but I saw some hints for even remakes on Red and Blue!

1. Kanto is taked about by Skyla
2. Basclin red and blue striped froms could reference red and blue
3. The Charizard Bridge

Heck Gamefreak could surprise us and remake both R/B and R/S!

They're making remakes of Pokeymanz Redd and Blooooo?!?!? There is a god! Way better graphics than the original! (sarcasm)

But you are aware those games been having remakes since 2004? You know, FireRed and LeafGreen?

BCVM22

Old post but FireRed and LeafGreen were made because there was no other way to get Kanto Pokemon such as Slowpoke or Bulbasaur in Ruby and Sapphire. Notice how they also dropped the "Gotta catch'em all" slogan around this time. And HeartGold and SoulSilver were just pure fan service since the moment FRLG Came out people speculated a GSC remake.

No, the post to which you responded was correct. Nintendo and the companies under its umbrella are businesses, which make a habit of doing things that make money. Both FR/LG and HG/SS were made because the powers that be knew they would sell and thus make mad, mad money.

Any notions of "no other way to get Kanto Pokémon" or "fan service" are secondary by a wide margin. There would have been not a thing stopping them from cramming the Kanto Pokémon into Ruby/Sapphire and/or Emerald if they were really that concerned about you having access to certain Pokémon, but instead they would far rather you spend more money on another game if you want them and another experience that badly.

I agree with BCVM22, they didn't have to make FR/LG at that time if they really would want to make the Kanto Pokemon possible to get, they would have just make areas where the kanto Pokemon is there, and other methods to get the kanto legendary Pokemon in R/S/E.

Now there's something most People haven't noticed:

R/S champion's room has Pokemon Pearl's color theme.
Emerald's champion's room has Pokemon Diamond's Color theme.
Each room has Platinum's color theme in the top wall, so i think this is Pokemon D/P/Pt hint.

D/P champion room is White, While in Platinum is Black, a hint for Pokemon B/W.( We still don't know what's the 3rd game of Gen V but in both rooms there's Grey areas).

So in B/W The Champion room's color could be a hint for a future Pokemon game, one of the Gen VI games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.