• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
The player receives the three orbs because there is no other way of obtaining the orbs if not given to. It's not possible the transfer the items up from past games to BW, I think.

Thank you, I wanted to say this but you beat me to it.

Anyways...I don't really know as far as hints go for the next game. B/W has been really vague.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
References to older generations are not necessarily hints for future games.

The only hints we have that could possibly lead to future games are the following:
:: The original function of the Dive Ball was restored, which makes it more effective on underwater Pokémon. There are no wild Pokémon underwater in Unova.
:: You can obtain Shoal Salt and Shoal Water in the game, despite that fact that it has no use in this game.
:: A placeholder for a Kyurem Forme was found in the game's coding.
:: Future events involving Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

The rest are plain references.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Anyone see any resemblance in the three legendary dragons? fire/electric/ice? Yeah. I think they're hinting a sequel to black and white, because Iris and Drayden said there was originally ONE dragon pokemon. It could be Kyurem.

BCVM22

We still have to idea how to obtain Keldeo (yet), Meloetta, and Genesect.

We do. They arrive via direct download and each trigger a short event somewhere in Unova, in the Moor of Icirrus, Castelia City and the P2 Laboratory, respectively. They do not have event item-triggered capture events as the Sinnoh contigent of Legendaries did, if that's what you mean.

Yeah. I think they're hinting a sequel to black and white, because Iris and Drayden said there was originally ONE dragon pokemon. It could be Kyurem.

I don't think there's a whole lot of ambiguity to either matter here, is there? That there will without question be a third Unova title and that Kyurem is the only realistic candidate to be on the cover?

RussianHobo115

Anyone see any resemblance in the three legendary dragons? fire/electric/ice? Yeah. I think they're hinting a sequel to black and white, because Iris and Drayden said there was originally ONE dragon pokemon. It could be Kyurem.

I think Kyurem is the corpse left behind, of the great dragon, it wouldnt make sense for the one dragon to BE kyurem cause it Zekrom and Reshiram are all three present.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
We do. They arrive via direct download and each trigger a short event somewhere in Unova, in the Moor of Icirrus, Castelia City and the P2 Laboratory, respectively. They do not have event item-triggered capture events as the Sinnoh contigent of Legendaries did, if that's what you mean.

Oh yeah. I forgot. But yes, this is what I meant. XD

Simisear

Pkmn Trainer Hinata
I have seen the Place holder of a Gray Stone in the key items in my game...how? well you must know. Its against the 'Laws' of this site to talk about it. And it all follows an order: Ruby and Saphire had a Rayquaza in the tower. Diamond and Pearl had Giratina. And Black and White have Kyurem. :)

R_N

I have seen the Place holder of a Gray Stone in the key items in my game...how? well you must know. Its against the 'Laws' of this site to talk about it. And it all follows an order: Ruby and Saphire had a Rayquaza in the tower. Diamond and Pearl had Giratina. And Black and White have Kyurem. :)

The God stone was listed in the key items section of this site for a while :T
it's also on bulbapedia

xDWarrior

I totally never realized the games had subtle hints like this. Whenever I noticed a reference to a past game I was excited, but never took it to mean they would do remakes.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
The only game I could see coming soon would have to Grey, if you heard what N said in Chargestone Cave and if you look at the placeholder of alternate forms, those are hints of an upcoming third game.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I think the whole ending with N going to another region really does hint towards a gen VI or VII. i mean N could be in the next generation like how Red was in the 2nd gen. Or N could travel to the gen 7 region as i assume Gen v and 7 happen at the same timeline.

N was a very interesting character and if the pokemon werent so bad looking and bad themselves then Gen V would be my 2nd fav gen (its my 3rd, after johto and kanto).

i really do think there will be Grey and R/S remakes. i havent really found many of the R/S clues myself but im sure there will be remakes.

For grey u can just tell, i mean Reshi/Zek being 'one dragon', i think kyurem IS the corpse like others say, i think he will get a forme change cause of that God stone. Although it would be interesting to have the REAL 'one dragon' in a later generation.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Cynthia in sunnyshore indicates that D/P/Plat are going to get a revamp like heart gold, and soul silver.

In that same vein, the ghost girl of the E4 (whos name i obviously cant remember) referenced Volkner too.

As far as Kyurem being the "corpse" of the one dragon, that doesnt make much sense to me. I just dont see Fire and Lighting splitting up and leaving Ice behind. Also, Kyurems legend is that it fell from a meteor that crashed and made the Giant Chasm. It just wouldnt fit with his story line to be a corpse. And to top it all off, a living corpse? thats just to much, even for pokemon. Sure we have an evil doll thats trying to hunt down the child that threw it away, and yes theres a living sarcophagus, but thats totally different then a corpse IMO.

On a related subject, whatr would the typing be of the "one Dragon?" would it just be a pure dragon type, a Electric/Fire type (makes no sense to me) or a dragon and some other type?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
in chargestone cave n mentions somthing about black and white and then they become grey or somthing along tose lines

I believe this is the dialogue you're referring to:

"N: The world turns gray with the mingling of a great many thoughts... I can't allow it to happen. Pokémon and humans should be cleanly split. As clearly separate as black and white. And it is then that Pokémon can be perfect. Yes! That is my dream! A dream I seek to make reality!"

So he will most likely achieve his dream in the third version.

Falconx03

Legendary
Cynthia in sunnyshore indicates that D/P/Plat are going to get a revamp like heart gold, and soul silver.

Why would they reboot Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? They already have their 3D(sort of) graphics. The only games I can see getting reboot are Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald since they still need 3D and all that good stuff. After that, Kanto is the only one which is slim in terms of RBY since they saw a remake in 3rd Gen and also Kanto in HGSS, even though it is tuned down quite a lot with no story. But Yellow could possibly see a remake which would be so awesome.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
So, I was listening to episode 66 of the It's Super Effective podcast, and they were talking about Mistralton City. It hit me at the point where SBJ was saying that they didn't do anything with the planes, and he and David said "Not yet."

Then it hit me.

What if in Pokemon Grey, we're getting Hoenn along with it? It'd be hard to go back and redo the R/S games without Kanto, since they canonically take place at the same time. Why not just throw it in this way?

What really convinces me though is when you beat the Pokemon League (I think it's a bit late to worry about spoilers anymore), Looker said that there were reports of N in Hoenn flying on some Dragon Pokemon. So, you go to Hoenn to find out what happened to him, and at the same time, take place in the League.

And you get to Hoenn via Mistralton's Airport! They had to have had a reason for including that, you know? Thoughts?

Master Leo

The Dark Side
has anyone else noticed that in black/white that just about all pokes from R/S/E have new sprites, yet all other generations use the sprites from Heartgold/Soulsilver/Platinum. I am thinking they will probably use those sprites if they made a remake.

and to the guy who says Gray with R/S, i dont think that would be the greatest thing. the generations are too far apart. I think two regions in one game should stay with Johto/Kanto because the games were back to back and really work together.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
What if in Pokemon Grey, we're getting Hoenn along with it? It'd be hard to go back and redo the R/S games without Kanto, since they canonically take place at the same time. Why not just throw it in this way?

Or Game Freak could make the Hoenn remake it own game and charge you full price for it.

What really convinces me though is when you beat the Pokemon League (I think it's a bit late to worry about spoilers anymore), Looker said that there were reports of N in Hoenn flying on some Dragon Pokemon. So, you go to Hoenn to find out what happened to him, and at the same time, take place in the League.

Looker never said that N was in Hoenn but rather said that he was in another region.

And you get to Hoenn via Mistralton's Airport! They had to have had a reason for including that, you know? Thoughts?

No just no, Johto was weighted down by Kanto as the trainer level was a far too low and made the game too easy.

Also Mistralton's Airport was really to hammer in the point that Unova is far away from the other past region, it also show case that Mistralton Gym Leader was a master of flying type pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.