• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B&W Music Discussion

Do you like the new music?

• Love it! Favourite set of tunes for a gen

Votes: 530 50.1%
  • Overall I like it.

Votes: 433 40.9%
  • Meh, all right I suppose...

Votes: 78 7.4%
  • I dislike the music.

Votes: 17 1.6%

• Total voters

Felix Thunderheart

Pokemon Breeder J.L.
Have you played the game with the music yet?

I originally didn't like Route Two's music, but while I was on my way to Striaton City... I was blown away.

not yet and I just hearing Vs G Cis that sound cool. I waiting it to get to game stop on 3/6/2011 I not in all the JP nor I can read it that why I waiting

bookist

One thing about the music I like is now how I do not have to turn the sound off when my pokemon get in the red.

Cobalt_Latios

So you don't enjoy all of the music, only a couple of tracks? That's fine. If you don't have the game and you're just listening to the tracks, the music lacks the spark that it has in the games. I noticed that earlier when I was listening to a few tracks from the Black/White music collection. I noticed that without the visuals to lead the way, I didn't really like the music as much as when I was sitting down playing the game. I guess I'm just the kind of person that likes to see things and hear things at the same time. I have very little imagination and I can't create my own images in my head to go with the music :x
I actually wasn't too fond of the music either... at least because I was looking for familiar tracks. Once I started to figure out what each of them were for and actually saw videos with them in context, the soundtrack started to sound a lot better.

That may be in part because of just how different this game is from the previous entries. Not a bad thing, but an interesting perspective for sure.

/CL

Grei

not the color
So you don't enjoy all of the music, only a couple of tracks? That's fine. If you don't have the game and you're just listening to the tracks, the music lacks the spark that it has in the games. I noticed that earlier when I was listening to a few tracks from the Black/White music collection. I noticed that without the visuals to lead the way, I didn't really like the music as much as when I was sitting down playing the game. I guess I'm just the kind of person that likes to see things and hear things at the same time. I have very little imagination and I can't create my own images in my head to go with the music :x

Well, not necessarily. I enjoy listening to the BW soundtrack, but I am extremely bored listening to the DPPt and HGSS tracks.

I think it has less to do with the person and more to do with the fact that you learned the music as it accompanied a fitting visual (the games) and so, outside of the video game, the music seems really boring without the visuals it was made to accompany.

It's weird. I can't really enjoy listening to the BW soundtrack unless I'm driving, since that's how I initially heard the BW soundtrack music. I think with soundtrack music, people automatically attribute the music with whatever visual they have before them--be it a mental visual (imagination) or a physical visual (your surroundings at the time). I think this happens with all music, but with instrumental tracks I think it has more of a connection with visuals, as opposed to lyrical tracks which have meaning on their own.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They should have made like 8-bit versions of their music. Like the GBP player for HG/SS imo.

What? Why would they make 8-bit versions of the B/W music tracks? The only reason that was done in HG/SS was because they wanted players to hear the older melodies. What would be the purpose of that in B/W, when there weren't any older melodies to begin with? It would be totally pointless :|

Grei

not the color
What? Why would they make 8-bit versions of the B/W music tracks? The only reason that was done in HG/SS was because they wanted players to hear the older melodies. What would be the purpose of that in B/W, when there weren't any older melodies to begin with? It would be totally pointless :|

And in addition to that, I personally found the GB player to be insanely annoying in HGSS. I got headaches from the 8-Bit tracks, mostly because it sounded like they were lacking any bass.

I dunno about everyone else, but after the painfulness of the GB player, I don't want another one in Pokemon Grey or SunRuby/RainSapphire.

Missingno.Fan

I have been avoided the music for the most part until the game comes out but I have recently caved in. I love the music for N's castle. I also like the Rival theme (although it is unfitting in some ways).

Grei

not the color
I have been avoided the music for the most part until the game comes out but I have recently caved in. I love the music for N's castle. I also like the Rival theme (although it is unfitting in some ways).

In comparison with rival themes of previous games, it is definitely unfitting. But in the context of these games, where your rivals are your best friends, and where your rivalries stay relatively friendly, the playfulness of it fits. Similar to how Barry's theme was sort of playful, too.

Maverik

Banned
The music altogether has a more serious tone to it- well, some of the tracks.

Listen to N's castle bridge... absolutely brilliant.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like the Gym Leader music (as I always do), especially the part that plays when the leader's last Pokemon comes out.

The rival theme is also really well done, I always get it stuck in my head.

Most of the cities have really catchy themes, too. The Striaton City theme sounds fancy and classical, which really suits the city. Nimbasa City has the best theme, I've spent a lot of time listening to it on my DS.

I also love the music that plays on Route 3.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I don't want it all to be spoiled but I've listened to a couple of tracks and I love it so far. Definitely better than D/P.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Great tunes...

Aegon

This probably sounds like a stupid question, but I never even knew that Pokémon game soundtracks were released before I heard of the Super Music Collection, so. . . Will Black and White's soundtrack be released worldwide?

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I could seriously listen to Team Plasma's battle music all day everyday. It's (one of) the best Pokemon music I think I've ever heard. It gets my blood pumping~

There's some other gems as well, such as Route 10's music

R_N

This probably sounds like a stupid question, but I never even knew that Pokémon game soundtracks were released before I heard of the Super Music Collection, so. . . Will Black and White's soundtrack be released worldwide?
Doubt it, the other soundtracks weren't.

Felix Thunderheart

Pokemon Breeder J.L.
I like the Gym Leader music (as I always do), especially the part that plays when the leader's last Pokemon comes out.

The rival theme is also really well done, I always get it stuck in my head.

Most of the cities have really catchy themes, too. The Striaton City theme sounds fancy and classical, which really suits the city. Nimbasa City has the best theme, I've spent a lot of time listening to it on my DS.

I also love the music that plays on Route 3.

The gym leader last pokemon music is epic, it a remix of the pokemon thame.
The Rival music dose the same thing, but I still don't see it fix with the male rival.

BTW who is Shitenno? Because I see a file name Vs Shitenno and I like the battle music

Last edited:

Felix Thunderheart

Pokemon Breeder J.L.
I'm pretty sure that that's the Japanese for Elite 4.

then it is cool. X3 I just donlt like the N and plasma music so far. But then I might get used to it.

So far I like the VS Pokemon Vs Rare Pokemon Vs Shitonne (Aka I think Elite 4) if you are right. Vs Trainer Vs Rival.... Still think it fix bella and not the cool looking guy/