• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B&W Music Discussion

Do you like the new music?

• Love it! Favourite set of tunes for a gen

Votes: 530 50.1%
  • Overall I like it.

Votes: 433 40.9%
  • Meh, all right I suppose...

Votes: 78 7.4%
  • I dislike the music.

Votes: 17 1.6%

• Total voters

flygonabsol99

Some of the music in this game is great, others are horrible.

Plasma grunt theme: Is jumpy and cool, sounds pretty epic.

Vs. Kyurem: Ok. Cool at some parts, but others just don't fit this pokemon.

Vs. legendaries: SOO awsome. Fits well, and utilizes capabilities of DS sound well. Good job nintendo!

Vs Wild Pokemon: Horrible. SS/HG was much better

Lanik

Castelia City: It makes me feel like I'm walking breezily in New York with my sunglasses.

Skyarrow Bridge: This music is the reason people constantly cross this bridge for hatching eggs.

Gym Leader Battle: That's the best gym leader theme by far. LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Undella Town: The music was relaxing the first time I've been there. But when Summer started, it sounded like a Caribbean paradise.

Kudos to Nintendo! :D

BlazingCold

I guess I really like the vs. Alder Music and the vs. Rival music.

Shadow249

White Wonder
There are many songs I like in this game and I'll list a few.
This game's Victory rd. tune is kind of fitting for the dungeon because of all these obstacles you see and the hi. Lv Pokemon you find there.
Opelucid's tune is very fitting in both games. Especially the one in black which is actually my fave. As for white's it sorta reminds me of the 50s or somethin.
N's castle is great! A cool tune when you're exploring the last area of the game. Kinda heroic don't ya think?
N's farewell is one of the most saddest, but touching songs in the game. It's because that's what you expect when someone's leaving for good. You get to hear that sad feeling song after long, challenging battles with the e4 and team plasma.
The credits song is perhaps one of the best tunes in the game. It kinda has that "Let's go" kind of feeling.

Last edited:

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
^ 2/3 better 0_0 me thinks someone has gone crazy

pokeaussie37

One thing I did like about the music in Black and White was the ability to add and subtract instruments from the mix practically at will. Some of these I will mention.

Favourite music from this generation:

- Accumula Town (particularly adding the piano and/or drums in the top right house)
- Nacrene City (accordion at the cafe)
- Relic Castle (my personal favourite)
- Driftveil City
- Dragonspiral Tower
- Icirrus City (the dancers northwest of the Pokemon Centre)
- Opelucid City (with the flute type instrument in White and the synthesiser in Black)
- Route 10
- Pokemon League

I voted 'overall, I like it'. One thing subtracting my opinion from the best, is the lack of a Game Corner. I always love the Game Corner music, so it's more on the game than the music itself. Fourth Generation still holds the title with the fifth remaining at a close second.

The only other thing I kind of don't like is the Nimbasa City music combined with the fact I spend quite a lot of time there (especially immediately post-league!) since it is a very short loop.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
I love Undella town in autumn, the music is very soothing. Believe it or not, I avoid it in the summer because of the percussion, but the autumn music makes up for it. I also could listen to the Opelucid (White) music all day long.

likethesky

I like shiny things
i feel like the music is going downhill
as there's mostly bad songs
with some really good songs in between

Route 3, Village Bridge, and some other spots have my favorite music

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I was really surprised with the Music of B/W. They were really good, better than some of the old games. My least faves so far are the music when your Pokemon is at low health because it gets annoying and Ghetsis battle music was kinda weak for a final boss. :/ But overall, they were way better than I thought! :)

Blue Astra

Icy blue
I like the big variety of music and how it changes from season to season and from White to Black (like the Opelucid City’s music: in White it’s touching, while in Black is dynamic). The music became finer than in the previous generations, touching and sensitive like the “Emotion” (made me want to cry) and N's Farewell theme. The music displays many different instruments and styles and tries to match the person’s/town’s/route’s/etc’s personality, main characteristics. So some are dynamic, other creepy, some troublesome and there are also the touching, peaceful one’s.

N’s theme is usually creepy, like his battle theme(but the theme of the last battle adds a nice requiem) and the music that plays when he approaches you. The music on N's Castle Bridge and in N’s Castle have a nice antithesis: the first is happy and hopeful, while the second is sad and depressing. And the music in N’s Room is creepy too.

Ghetsis Battle theme: it’s nice, dynamic, and dangerous. It suits him. I love the drums. Then it goes to creepy with all these voices.

The Team Plasma’s Battle theme annoys me as does the Rival’s battle theme. The Gym Leader’s theme, though, when they are with their last Pokémon, it’s nice to hear, especially when the Gym Leader is difficult to beat. :)

Nimbasa City’s theme reminds me of the music in Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs when you ride one of the three Legendary dogs, while Accumula Town’s slightly that of a Pokémon Center

The Village Bridge has a folk-like theme with the singing (no wonder it’s called “Village Bridge”), while Meloetta's Song has is New Age style. And the Illusion Forest’s music is worthy of Zoroark.

~Kari~

It's all right. A few tracks got annoying like the Rival theme, but there were some tracks I loved. N's final theme is epic, amazing, and really sends off a final battle vibe. But's it's only the beginning because you fight Ghetsis afterward. His theme is kind of creepy. Reshiram's/Zekrom's/Kyurem's theme has old routes from Kanto in it. :) The Gym Leaders's last Pokemon was fantastic, as well as the Elite Four theme. Alder's theme greatly disappointed me.

pokeaussie37

Having played through a few times and forming some genuine opinions:

For one, I loved the ability to add or subtract from the music by going near/interacting with the musicians.

- I enjoyed most of the city and town music, with the exception of Nimbasa City and Mistralton City.
- I particularly liked Driftveil City's and Icirrus City's.
- I liked that Undella Town's music changed in summer compared to the rest of the seasons.
- All of the route music was pretty good, but I LOVED Route 10's song (fave in the game).

For battling music, the rival theme could get a bit annoying, but the rest of it was pretty good. No complaints.