• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B&W Music Discussion

Do you like the new music?

• Love it! Favourite set of tunes for a gen

Votes: 530 50.1%
  • Overall I like it.

Votes: 433 40.9%
  • Meh, all right I suppose...

Votes: 78 7.4%
  • I dislike the music.

Votes: 17 1.6%

• Total voters

Pokefreak113

Route 10 > All. It reminds me of some game I loved but can't remember. Rune Factory, maybe?

Sekka Town is a close second, Gym Leader's last Pokemon in third.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
So far, not as good as the even gens, but very good. Although it's a bit early to make a judgment for me (I'm only on Route 3)

Cobalt_Latios

So far, not as good as the even gens, but very good. Although it's a bit early to make a judgment for me (I'm only on Route 3)
Here this should get you started.

And if you really want to hear everything: bw ost

C_L

Rakurai

I think this game easily has the best soundtrack out of all the Pokemon games.

Though to name some songs in particular, I love the battle theme for the three legendary dragons, and N's battle theme (Final version).

Last edited:

Carina

Plasbad!!
I wouldn't say B/W has the best soundtrack...only (of course) the most polished-sounding. The Kanto/Johto games (with Hoenn closely behind) have the best tunes in my opinion. Even without the technology to make them sound full or 'professional', those tunes were awesome and memorable. Don't know if I can say the same for many of these new pieces, but I'm sure they'll grow on me when I actually play the game and put events, places and 'faces' to the music.

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
I wouldn't say B/W has the best soundtrack...only (of course) the most polished-sounding. The Kanto/Johto games (with Hoenn closely behind) have the best tunes in my opinion. Even without the technology to make them sound full or 'professional', those tunes were awesome and memorable. Don't know if I can say the same for many of these new pieces, but I'm sure they'll grow on me when I actually play the game and put events, places and 'faces' to the music.

110% my opinion :) Johto and Kanto music were the best... Now it's getting a bit corny...

Cobalt_Latios

110% my opinion :) Johto and Kanto music were the best... Now it's getting a bit corny...
I won't disagree, but BW's music is more of the "it may not sound great at first, but it does grow on you."

I actually only liked a handful of themes. After seeing what some of the cities and routes and whatnot looked like, and seeing the context, a great many of them started to grow on me.

C_L

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
I personally find this to be the best Pokemon soundtrack by far as there are really allot of themes that grab my attention whereas in previous games it'd normally be one or two. Emotion, The Elite Four and, well, anything involving Team Plasma and N are just a few of the songs that have been stuck in my head for the past couple of days but the two that really stick out to me are White Forrest and Black City. I mean talk about a tonal shift makes me wonder if the characters in said areas will react in different ways depending on your version.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just found this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapZJacM7B0

Lyrics? In Pokemon?!

FFFFFFFUUUUUU-

Lyrics in a Pokemon game soundtrack?! What will they do for the foreign release of the game? They'll probably have to change things around and either redub the vocals or remove the vocals entirely. It sounds way too Japanese though, even without the vocal part so maybe they'll replace this game theme with something else entirely in the end. Wow, that song is just so weird. I never thought I'd hear vocals in a Pokemon videogame music track.

Rakurai

I doubt they're going to do anything to it for the English release.

I don't see why anyone would care about it sounding "too Japanese", or not being able to understand the lyrics.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't see why anyone would care about it sounding "too Japanese", or not being able to understand the lyrics.

Localization. The people in charge of translating the games are supposed to remove Japanese text from the games and insert other text for the English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Korean versions of the games. I'm pretty sure that includes removing Japanese vocals from a song. The fact that the song cannot be understood by players of Black and White outside of Japan is more of a reason to remove the lyrics than anything else in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

I know I keep talking about it, but honestly, it's probably one of my favorite tracks because of how well it summarizes Black and White.

That track being: End Credits

Considering this plays over a proper end credits, while you see either Zekrom (Black) or Reshiram (White) in the background, it really is an amazing track.

The bridge themes are pretty neat as well.

C_L

Rakurai

Localization. The people in charge of translating the games are supposed to remove Japanese text from the games and insert other text for the English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Korean versions of the games. I'm pretty sure that includes removing Japanese vocals from a song. The fact that the song cannot be understood by players of Black and White outside of Japan is more of a reason to remove the lyrics than anything else in my opinion.

They kept Japanese Pokedex entries as well as nicknames in DPP for GTS purposes, so I'm guessing it'll be the same here.

Not to mention the whole game has a multi-cultural sort of theme to it in regards to the locations, NPCs, and such.