• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B&W Music Discussion

Do you like the new music?

• Love it! Favourite set of tunes for a gen

Votes: 530 50.1%
  • Overall I like it.

Votes: 433 40.9%
  • Meh, all right I suppose...

Votes: 78 7.4%
  • I dislike the music.

Votes: 17 1.6%

• Total voters

Uncle_Starburst

Route 10 is by far my favourite track so far! It's so calming and addictive, plus it makes me think of Goemons Great Adventure for the N64 which is just pure win for me. The Elite Four and the Champion theme are right behind it and are just as addictive for me.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I'm sorry, Imma let you finish this but these games have the best ending theme of all times, OF ALL TIMES

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
The Route 10 music was incredible and I wish it had continued throughout Victory Road.

That said, the entire endgame has incredible music, especially during the battles. Unfortunately, that also means a bad thing...the "oh no! Your HP is in the red!" music is REALLY jarring, especially during the fight against Geechisu. da, dadada, dadada, DENNIS, DENNIS, DEEEEENISSSS, DEE-*hit into red* BIIDU, BIIDU, BIIIDUBDBDBDBD BEEDO BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP. The Low HP track is the worst good idea Gamefreak ever had.

rocky505

I absolutely love the end credits they are my favorite along with he RBY champ remix.

I love the music in this gen! I usually hate a few tracks with a fiery passion, but I'm having a hard time hating any of it, since it's all good. Some of my favorites:

-Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyuremu battle music
-E4 Battle music
-Gym Leader (both before and at the final Pokemon) music
-N (all fights) battle music
-Geechisu Battle music
-Team Plasma Battle music
-Legendary battle music
-Hodomoe City theme (FREAKIN' LOVE THIS)
-Hodomoe City Draw Bridge theme
-Rival Battle music (hated it at first, but now love it)
-Route 10/Victory Road theme (especially when you're going through the gates)
-Underwater Ruins theme
-RBY Champion remix music
-Parts of the Isshu Champion music (I don't really like it though...)
-EVEN THE FREAKIN' RED-HEALTH BEEPING NOISE/MUSIC

I really hated fighting the Legendary PKMN/Gym Leader/Team Plasma/Geechsu/N/Rival battles because I knew that I wouldn't hear them again in the game after I got completely done with them (I can still hear the Rival music, but that's only once a week ;-;) So yeah... I liked a lot of music in BW.

Last edited:

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
I'm sorry, Imma let you finish this but these games have the best ending theme of all times, OF ALL TIMES

LOL! XD

I really love the music in Black and White.
I think it has the best music out of all generations! =o

LimeStar

Localization. The people in charge of translating the games are supposed to remove Japanese text from the games and insert other text for the English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Korean versions of the games. I'm pretty sure that includes removing Japanese vocals from a song. The fact that the song cannot be understood by players of Black and White outside of Japan is more of a reason to remove the lyrics than anything else in my opinion.

Yknow, I doubt its gonna be a problem, considering the lyrics would roughly be translated as "La la la tra la doo di dah dum de do lalala~" as he isn't actually saying anything.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I kind of disagree. I've yet to find any piece of music in Pokemon Black or White that really speaks to me in any significant way. I fell in love with many of the tracks in Pokemon Diamond upon hearing them once or twice but that hasn't happened to me while playing Pokemon White and I've listened to all the music at least 10 times by now. Some of the tracks are "pretty good" but not the "best" I've ever heard. I was planning on buying the music collection since there was so much hype for these games a few months ago but now, I'm not feeling it. I'm not importing a music CD when there isn't a single track of music that really catches my interest :s

LimeStar

I kind of disagree. I've yet to find any piece of music in Pokemon Black or White that really speaks to me in any significant way. I fell in love with many of the tracks in Pokemon Diamond upon hearing them once or twice but that hasn't happened to me while playing Pokemon White and I've listened to all the music at least 10 times by now. Some of the tracks are "pretty good" but not the "best" I've ever heard. I was planning on buying the music collection since there was so much hype for these games a few months ago but now, I'm not feeling it. I'm not importing a music CD when there isn't a single track of music that really catches my interest :s

Fair enough, you can have your own opinion.
Personally I only like the Game Corner Song from DP, but love almost all of BW. Differences in opinion are what makes things good. If we all had the same interests, then we'd all choose the same team for our party, and that would suck!

I know Geechisu's battle theme actually has a chorus chanting "GEEEEECHISU", but I hope many more people here besides myself want NoA to change his name to Dennis in the US versions.

Last edited:

izzo

Afromania!
I thought the chorus was saying 'Penance'
I don't understand how people got 'Dennis' from that, if i had mistook it for anything it would have been a certain body part lol.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Geechisu's theme actually chants "penance", at least that's what I heard after hearing the music.

nikohesus

Banned
Actually, it does sound like the Latin word "denis", which means "final" or the "end."

It certainly makes sense.