• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W vs B/W 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hmm I liked BW1 better than BW2 just because of the story plot BW1 had. It changed things around where as BW2 felt like the rest of the games. It was still good though. :p It doesn't really matter which one you get, both are good.

Golden_Charmander

Dragon Master
B&W2 is what B&W should have been, in my opinion. I enjoyed B&W, don't get me wrong, but I found the sequel much more engaging and with greater longevity.

EnragedSwalot

This is a really good question IMO.
I'll be honest, you don't get as much out of BW2 if you never played BW1. The story in BW2 would be somewhat bland for a new player. I really liked the story in BW1 better then BW2, because in BW1 Team Plasma actually has a great idea behind them. They want to help pokemon, except they take their beliefs too far. But in BW2 they just want to shoot ice cannons and steal Purrloins. Because I'm not that competitive, I'd say BW1 was better, however I can see why some like the sequels better.

Erdrick89

B/W if you want to get the full Gen V story. My friend got W2 when it came out because he always plays the 3rd game of a series and while he liked the diversity of pokemon you could get in the game, he said he didn't understand a lot of the story. If you're only caring about enjoyment of the game, go with B/W2. I personally found these games to be incredibly fun, and I like that you don't have to just use Gen V pokemon.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'll go with BW2 on this one mainly because it's alot easier to rack up battle points. This is especially true in Random Match cause you get BP REGARDLESS if you win or lose!

TheNewChamp

I would say B/W 2 because it has a lot of cool things that B/W don't have like:
- old pokémons
- PWT
- you can catch a lot of legendary's
- the pokéwood is kinda fun
- you can do more after you beat the game ( B/W had also a lot to do after you beat the game but not like B/W 2)
The only thing BW was better then B/W 2 for me was that it had a better story-line

TheEliteEmpoleon

I would start with B/W to experience the story for yourself, and then get B/W2.

When it comes to favorites, though, I would say B/W2 because it has much more things to do, namely the post-game, with all those legendaries and Black Tower/White Treehollow.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
So in B/W you need to beat the Elite 4 before being able to catch non-Gen 5 Pokemon, right?

randomspot555

So in B/W you need to beat the Elite 4 before being able to catch non-Gen 5 Pokemon, right?

None of them are in the wild. But you'd be able to get some of them before the E4 if you use the Dream World. And in both sets of games, transferring from Gen 4 to Gen 5 is a post-E4 activity.

EDIT: And if playing on a 3DS, B2W2 are compatible with the Pokemon Dream Radar which makes a whole bunch of Pokemon available before you even hit the first gym.

Last edited:

Bluemiracle

Biologist
BW 2 :) I like the fact that you have so much to do in them. Also Nursery is one of the best creations ever

Firebrand

Indomitable
I liked the story of BW more than that of BW2, because it was a bit of a departure from the norm of the standard pokemon games. However, very little of the pokemon experience is the actual story of the games, so despite how deep it was, I'd have to say BW2 was a better game. Less linearity, though it was still a problem, more features, more expansive areas, pretty much every other reason mentioned above. But the story... eh, rather lacking. It seemed like a postgame plot for BW haphazardly made into a full game.

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
I've never even touched one of the gen5 games myself, but after browsing through these posts I just may have to try it out...

AphoticVoid

Pokémon Trainer
I've never even touched one of the gen5 games myself, but after browsing through these posts I just may have to try it out...

Yeah, you should! I skipped out on the first Gen 5 games, but got the sequel to the first games the day after they came out (Black 2). I was, and still am, impressed.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I was more hyped for Black2 and White 2 then I was for the first ones. I enjoyed my playthrough for Black 2 more than Black. Black 2 has way more Pokemon and more things to do than Black. Black was a bit dull to be honest and I think Black 2 did a much better job. B2W2 for me!

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
BW for the Story Line and the Random Number Generator(Timer0 is trollish in BW2)
BW2 for everything else

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
B/W had better story. B2/W2 has better everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.