• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W vs B/W 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow XD001

Like everyone else said, I liked B/W for the story and BW2 for everything else. I did like how B/W, being the first Main Series 5th Generation games, only had Unova Pokémon pre-National Dex as it gave you a chance to use the newer Pokémon.

tayetayetv1

Bro get bw 2

Stymie

powered by insanity
The exclusive features of BW2 make it better than its predecessor

Join Avenue, Medals, Pokemon Movies, Move Tutors, PWT and Hidden Grottoes are all fabulous editions that enhance and grow the pokemon series, I believe there all beneficial and are the biggest collection of changes from one pokemon game to the next.

Ditto B1tch

You should buy both to obtain both mascot dragons (Reshiram and Zekrom).

I recommed you to buy Black and Black 2 or White and White 2.

Black - Reshiram is exclusive
White - Zekrom is exclusive

Black 2 - Zekrom is exclusive
White 2 - Reshiram is exclusive

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
B2/W2 was a lot more interesting than the original B/W in my opinion. I thought the storyline was far more interesting and it was great that more Pokemon were available during said storyline. Unfortunately, things started to get boring after I beat the Elite Four. I didn't feel like collecting all the Pokemon again, so there were few options of what to do for fun in the games; in fact, I only play once every few days now. I may just restart Black 2 for the heck of it.

Jaguartail

Not too far in yet, but BW2 seems much better - more exploration, more non-gym towns, more story, and a good amount of battles - BW1 was too linear and seemed like a rushed game that didn't have the charm of Gen 2 & 4.

Moment23

Hey not sure where to post this question but i'll try here. After I beat black 2 can I restart and play through on the challenge mode setting from the start? Or is challenge mode only for post game fights? I don't have anyone to do in person challenge mode transfer.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I like B/W2 better, mainly because I think its story-line is more exciting.

Tsukasei

Ace Trainer
Pretty much what the first poster said. Since BW2 is a sequel to BW1, it would make sense to get the first one so you can understand the story abit better. That being said, I also enjoyed BW immensely and I prefer it over its sequel.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Hey not sure where to post this question but i'll try here. After I beat black 2 can I restart and play through on the challenge mode setting from the start? Or is challenge mode only for post game fights? I don't have anyone to do in person challenge mode transfer.

CM is only available in Black 2 as postgame unless you have another copy of Black 2 as you lose the key when you start a new game. You could also get a copy of White 2 and play CM on it by sending over the key, but for it to be on Black 2 from the start, you will need another copy.

BW2 was better it had more Pokemon variety and better post game

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct

Probably try the Black 2 and White 2 Question Thread. they'll answer your question!

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Both. I felt that black/white was one of the best, with its innovations and story

Bw2 just for the sheer size of the game, and the new extras.
(Do you wish to use another repel? :D)

Honestly, both are amazing games. But if i had to chose, i would pick BW2.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like Black 2 more because there is alot more stuff to do. There is also the Therian formes

MusicMan

Fire Master
I enjoyed BW1 , it was a great game . BW2 was somehow not the thing that i wanted but was great too.

Bw2 are far better, due to old pokemon, new features like medals, new locations and loads of legendaries, bw had a good story though, its up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.